View Single Post
Old 07-21-2003, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenScotland
Im sorry but i just cant get excited about a film that doesnt have a point, and you are all going to reply and say it did have a point and the ending was great but i dont see you guys explaining yourself so tell me what was so great about this film.
SPOILERS

Exactly. The movie did a great job of portaying May as a disturbed, misunderstand gal who i for one really felt for. But just because its a "horror" movie from the start, she has to revert to mass murder. I never felt she was capable of such a thing, and the whole "frankenstein" thing seemed illogical. By the end the whole SERIOUS tone seemed nothing but pretentious. It seemed as though the director had almost completed an intersting, quirky character study with horrific undertones, but gave in to a final lack of creativity and fan service by adding in the murder/human doll aspect.
6/10

P.S.- While there are differances between the two, the overall plot and characterizations of "MAY" are disturbingly similar to "OFFICE KILLER", which I thought accomplished its goal with the prententious seriousness of "MAY". Check it out...its pleasently surprising, and came out about four years before "MAY".