View Single Post
Old 07-22-2003, 03:11 PM
Hmmm...What can I say about this that has not already been said? All I can add is that I went into this film with the lowest expectations possible. It seemed to have been hyped up on these boards so much, that there is no way it could have been as good as expected.

Having said that, i really did enjoy this film. Once I got past my bias, I have to admit, that the gore, action and tension were really all they were cracked up to be. Some of the dark humor actually had me chuckling in my easychair. I especially liked the airbag scene. I dont know if it was supposed to be fuunny, but It was so ironic that ***Spoiler*** the EMT was supposed to be helping the girl, and ended up being the one to kill her!! ***End Spoiler*** (at least that was my take on it.)

The kills were very original, and I never quite knew how the characters were going to be done in. It was the tension preceding the deaths that really got me. Excellent build up. You know you are watching a good film when you actually find yourself squirming in anticipation before the kills.

All in all, it wasnt the greatest horror film of all time, but definitley one of the top 5 of 2003.

Overall rating - 8/10

(Damn, guess I'll have to buy X-Nightcrawler a beer! No way could I have expected this to be as good as he raved.)

Last edited by Quiver; 07-22-2003 at 03:13 PM..