Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Politics
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2006, 01:21 AM
Stephen Colbert at the White House Correspondents dinner

http://movies.crooksandliars.com/WH-Dinner-Colber.mov

... WOW. Stephen Colbert has balls the size of Delaware.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:43 AM
I saw that live on C-Span and that took muchos huevos grandes. Especially after Bush came out with his stupid impersonator straight from The Tonight Show with Jay fucking Leno.

DURRRR i'M BUSH LOL I'M RETARDED

And everyone laughed because Haha, Bush is mocking the way he speaks and the mistakes he makes. Hilarious.

Then Stephen came out and handed Bush his fucking ass, and I think most of the people in the crowd were stunned. I loved the line about Bush never missing an oppurtunity for a photo-op and how Bush wasn't rearranging deck chairs on the TItanic, but the Hindenburg. All the while while the "Stephen" character is praising Bush and the guy is sitting ten feet away. Pwned.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:43 AM
Is the video not working for anyone else?

Anyway,

Stephen Colbert>>>>Jon Stewart

EDIT: Nevermind, it's working now.

Last edited by outsyder; 04-30-2006 at 01:48 AM..
Old 04-30-2006, 02:04 AM
That video's only half, unfortunately.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Heart Collector
That video's only half, unfortunately.

Cockshite.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:52 AM
It was still funny as shit though...
Old 04-30-2006, 01:16 PM
Colbert Lampoons Bush at White House Correspondents Dinner-- President Not Amused?

By E&P Staff

Published: April 29, 2006 11:40 PM ET

WASHINGTON A blistering comedy “tribute” to President Bush by Comedy Central’s faux talk show host Stephen Colbert at the White House Correspondent Dinner Saturday night left George and Laura Bush unsmiling at its close.

Earlier, the president had delivered his talk to the 2700 attendees, including many celebrities and top officials, with the help of a Bush impersonator.

Colbert, who spoke in the guise of his talk show character, who ostensibly supports the president strongly, urged the Bush to ignore his low approval ratings, saying they were based on reality, “and reality has a well-known liberal bias.”

He attacked those in the press who claim that the shake-up at the White House was merely re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. “This administration is soaring, not sinking,” he said. “If anything, they are re-arranging the deck chairs on the Hindenburg.”

Colbert told Bush he could end the problem of protests by retired generals by refusing to let them retire. He compared Bush to Rocky Balboa in the “Rocky” movies, always getting punched in the face—“and Apollo Creed is everything else in the world.”

Turning to the war, he declared, "I believe that the government that governs best is a government that governs least, and by these standards we have set up a fabulous government in Iraq."

He noted former Ambassador Joseph Wilson in the crowd, just three tables away from Karl Rove, and that he had brought " Valerie Plame." Then, worried that he had named her, he corrected himself, as Bush aides might do, "Uh, I mean... he brought Joseph Wilson's wife." He might have "dodged the bullet," he said, as prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald wasn't there.

Colbert also made biting cracks about missing WMDs, “photo ops” on aircraft carriers and at hurricane disasters, melting glaciers and Vice President Cheney shooting people in the face. He advised the crowd, "if anybody needs anything at their tables, speak slowly and clearly on into your table numbers and somebody from the N.S.A. will be right over with a cocktail. "

Observing that Bush sticks to his principles, he said, "When the president decides something on Monday, he still believes it on Wednesday - no matter what happened Tuesday."

Also lampooning the press, Colbert complained that he was “surrounded by the liberal media who are destroying this country, except for Fox News. Fox believes in presenting both sides of the story — the president’s side and the vice president’s side." He also reflected on the alleged good old days, when the media was still swallowing the WMD story.

Addressing the reporters, he said, "Let's review the rules. Here's how it works. The president makes decisions, he’s the decider. The press secretary announces those decisions, and you people of the press type those decisions down. Make, announce, type. Put them through a spell check and go home. Get to know your family again. Make love to your wife. Write that novel you got kicking around in your head. You know, the one about the intrepid Washington reporter with the courage to stand up to the administration. You know--fiction."

He claimed that the Secret Service name for Bush's new press secretary is "Snow Job."

Colbert closed his routine with a video fantasy where he gets to be White House Press Secretary, complete with a special “Gannon” button on his podium. By the end, he had to run from Helen Thomas and her questions about why the U.S. really invaded Iraq and killed all those people.

As Colbert walked from the podium, when it was over, the president and First Lady gave him quick nods, unsmiling, and handshakes, and left immediately.

Those seated near Bush told E&P's Joe Strupp, who was elsewhere in the room, that Bush quickly turned from an amused guest to an obviously offended target as Colbert’s comments brought up his low approval ratings and problems in Iraq.

Several veterans of past dinners, who requested anonymity, said the presentation was more directed at attacking the president than in the past. Several said previous hosts, like Jay Leno, equally slammed both the White House and the press corps.

“This was anti-Bush,” said one attendee. “Usually they go back and forth between us and him.” Another noted that Bush quickly turned unhappy, and left the dais shortly after while most seated near him, including Colbert and Snow, glad-handed the crowd. “You could see he stopped smiling about halfway through Colbert,” he reported.

After the gathering, Snow, while nursing a Heineken outside the Chicago Tribune reception, declined to comment on Colbert. “I’m not doing entertainment reviews,” he said. “I thought the president was great, though.”

Strupp, in the crowd during the Colbert routine, had observed that quite a few sitting near him looked a little uncomfortable at times, perhaps feeling the material was a little too biting--or too much speaking "truthiness" to power.

Asked by E&P after it was over if he thought he'd been too harsh, Colbert said, "Not at all." Was he trying to make a point politically or just get laughs? "Just for laughs," he said. He said he did not pull any material for being too strong, just for time reasons. (He later said the president told him "good job" when he walked off.)

Helen Thomas told Strupp her segment with Colbert was "just for fun."

In its report on the affair, USA Today asserted that some in the crowd cracked up over Colbert but others were "bewildered." Wolf Blitzer of CNN said he thought Colbert was funny and "a little on the edge."

Earlier, the president had addrssed the crowd with a Bush impersonator alongside, with the faux-Bush speaking precisely and the real Bush deliberately mispronouncing words, such as the inevitable "nuclear." At the close, Bush called the imposter "a fine talent. In fact, he did all my debates with Senator Kerry."

Among attendees at the black tie event: Morgan Fairchild, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, Justice Antonin Scalia, George Clooney, and Jeff "Skunk" Baxter of the Doobie Brothers--in a kilt.

I think this was outrageously disrespectful and meanspirited. I hope that the President will not go to these in the future. Whoever hired this guy and the guy himself took President Bush in an environment where he had to stay and then blasted him away with the Democratic/liberal rhtoric. I'm sure the Democrats thought it was funny but I think that the disrespect in this country is getting dangerous and we will soon have the country we deserve. I hate bullies.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lynn7
I hate bullies.
oh god, oh god, oh god the hits just keep on coming today

I was reading on another site and someone really summed the thing up best. Suicidal comedy. Colbert knew he was going to do badly there, but he said what he had to and I really commend him for it. I want to see the whole thing now.

And Lynn, I think that they wanted to start bringing in more liberal and anti-Bush type comedians for the dinners to just mix things up. The Congressional Correspondence dinner was hosted by Lewis Black, and he is much worse than Colbert in his stand-up act. It should come as no surprise to the White House though that this happened.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:36 PM
Quote:
I think this was outrageously disrespectful and meanspirited. I hope that the President will not go to these in the future. Whoever hired this guy and the guy himself took President Bush in an environment where he had to stay and then blasted him away with the Democratic/liberal rhtoric. I'm sure the Democrats thought it was funny but I think that the disrespect in this country is getting dangerous and we will soon have the country we deserve. I hate bullies. [/B]
I don't think the democrats thought it was funny. I think the 68% who clearly realize this useless piece of shit running the country deserves to be told the truth to his face. Because that's what happened. Colbert told everyone THE TRUTH. He told Bush that his approval was horrendous. He told Bush that his photo-ops are disgraceful. He told the generals that all they do is order young men to their deaths. He told John McCain that he's a sellout. He told everyone the government set up in Iraq is a failure. Disrespectful? Since when is the truth less important than being respectful? Respectful, like the Bush administration has been by misleading America for years? Of course it was disrespectful and meanspirited. MORE THAN HALF OF AMERICA DISAGREES WITH THAT FUCKING DOOFUS OF A PRESIDENT. Fuck the White House Correspondents Dinner. Everything before Colbert was just safe humor, 'ohh look at us, we can laugh at ourselves with the most harmless motherfucking jokes ever'. Thank God Colbert was there to lay it down like it is.

But whatever, apparently it's people like Colbert that are going to turn America dangerous. That's what dangerous. As opposed to, you know, the wiretapping scandal, revealing the identity of secret agents, and that stupid fucking war america's in.

Last edited by The Heart Collector; 04-30-2006 at 02:38 PM..
Old 04-30-2006, 03:01 PM
I may still love Jon Stewart, but Colbert...wow. Bad motherfucker.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:17 PM
The video with Helen Thomas and his "greeting" to Justice Scalia was HY-FUCKING-STERICAL. Its nice to see Scalia was one of the few who was able to laugh at himself.

And Lynn, satire and comedic commentary is part of that aspect of freedom that comes with living in America. I never find it disrespectful when conservative commentators take jabs at Clinton or any other Democrat, and I'm sure you don't either, but that's not really the point. You just don't think its ANYONE'S right to criticize THIS president. I'm sorry, but that's just not how a DEMOCRACY works.

If you are displeased with this, may I suggest a move to a country that mirrors your sentiments. . . . Iran perhaps?

That reminds me, Ann Coulter needs to be a guest on the Colbert Report. It should be "interesting" to say the least.

Last edited by electriclite; 04-30-2006 at 03:38 PM..
Old 04-30-2006, 06:15 PM
LOL.

That was great.
Unfortunately the jokes fell on deaf ears.
I love Jon Stewart, and I've been slowly starting to like Stephen Colbert. After that video though, he tops it with Stewart.

Colbert for President!
Old 04-30-2006, 08:54 PM
Bringing up Anne Coulter is an interesting point. How would you and all of the Democrats have felt in Coulter had done what this guy did to Bill Clinton while he was forced to sit there and listen. Clinton would've been beet red with rage. and everyone else would've been too.

It's hard for you guys to understand that there are really more ways to think about an issue than what the Democrats think at any given point. It is okay to say hateful things to this president because you classify him as evil and think that his way of thinking is unacceptable. Many people do think like he does and I think this will hold up in history. If we had not gone to Iraq then we would've been getting blown up on our streets in the years after 9-11. This is something that you guys won't consider but it is the absolute truth.

As it is now, they are entering our country and they are getting caught every so often with some terrible plans for our citizens. I think Bush delayed what is bound to start happening. The terrorists were distracted by Iraq but now they are beginning to branch out- they are getting more and more threatening (especially Iran). the Dems are living in a dream world.

People can say what they like when they are out and about but this dinner "party" is in very bad taste in recent years. Those are my values and you guys can have yours.

Last edited by Lynn7; 04-30-2006 at 09:00 PM..
Old 04-30-2006, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Bringing up Anne Coulter is an interesting point. How would you and all of the Democrats have felt in Coulter had done what this guy did to Bill Clinton while he was forced to sit there and listen. Clinton would've been beet red with rage. and everyone else would've been too.
Uh, no. Colbert went after the Bush, his administration, and some of the cronies who work for him. Cunter seems to have come up with the most idiotic and biased idea ever: rather than blaiming politicians (who've earned it) she decides that the folks in washington right now are 'of the people', and that it's actually all liberals (you know, about less than half of America's population) that are they imbediment of all evil in this world (depressingly enough, the red states are buying into her bullshit.)

In essence, her speech would've not only involved making dozens of pot shots at Clinton (except unlike Stephen they'd actually be funny), but going on and on abuot her every body slightly left if centre is an evil gay traitor communist terrorist who eats babies and hates jesus. I also think his speech would've finished off by how whenever she's depressed, she thinks of what happened to thousands of leftist after Pinochet's coup in Chile and how it's even funnier to her than the movie Airplane!

In short, you're right: I would've gotten offended. The same way you'd get offended if at a speech in a school somebody would slip in the fact that you're a stupid ugly whore when it has nothing to do with anything.

Also, I would wager every single Criterion that I have that if Ann Coulter had gone to a Clinton rally and told everybody that they were pure evil, you'd be defended it and saying how we should learn to accept free speech, and how it's important for the president to hear the people's displeasure.

Quote:
It's hard for you guys to understand that there are really more ways to think about an issue than what the Democrats think at any given point. It is okay to say hateful things to this president because you classify him as evil and think that his way of thinking is unacceptable. Many people do think like he does and I think this will hold up in history. If we had not gone to Iraq then we would've been getting blwon up on our streets in the years after 9-11. This is something that you guys won't consider but it is the absolute truth.
So nobody should be allowed to tell him what a shitty job he's doing? This fucker spies on people like Stephen, tells people like Stephen who can and can't get married, sends people like Stephen to die for a pack of lies rather than admit he was totally fucking wrong, not before wasting nearly half a trillion$ of people like Stephen's money, al after a long hard day of insisting that people like Stephen's children will be taught fiction in school because he likes to asser his religious dominance over others?

If Bush wants us to leave him alone and live in his eleborate fantasy world, than he'd better leave those in the real world inaffected by his nonsense. Otherwise, he's a giant cocksucker, and deserves to be told so until he either stops being a cocksucker, or agrees to leave.

Speaking of eleborate fantasy world, do you want to explain how we would've been blown up on the street if we'd attacked a guy who was not, according to EVERY SINGLE FUCKING NEWS OUTLET not planning to A-Fucking-Tack America anytime fucking soon?

Since you seem to have developed your point on this, put or shut up: how would Saddam have attacked us? Why? Or you just believe because reality is too inconvenient.

Quote:
People can say what they like when they are out and about but this dinner "party" is in very bad taste in recent years. Those are my values and you guys can have yours.
Why do you keep talking about how people should be polite to that assclown? Is he polite to that Iraqi man who's children who just killed by ordering his country bombed? Is he polite to those brown people who haven't even been told what they've done that's illegal in the Gitmo while he orders his men to torture and humiliate them? Was he courteous to those New Orleans when he decided to 'pull a Gipper' and simply hope and pray that the hurricane would change his mind and everything would sort itself out without him having to take time off from his busy, important schedule?

Bush has spent his entire 6 years in office making everyone take pills made of shit and cought syrup made of piss. Why do you implore an incredibly naked and obvious double standard by insisting that Stephen (or anybody else for that matter) should'nt unfurl his goddamn pants, aim for Dubya mouth, and give him just a fraction of the medicine he's forced upon all of us in the last half decade? Please, tell me. I'm curious.

If anybody is sickened by my last use of metaphors, sue me. It's like a steamer in my room and despite trying to avoid talking to Lynn, I just couldn't take what she'd finished typing. Goodnight.

Last edited by MacReady; 04-30-2006 at 09:52 PM..
Old 04-30-2006, 11:00 PM
Quote:

Way to go Lynn. This has nothing to do with Republicans and Democrats. More than half of America thinks Bush is doing a shitty job. If Clinton was doing the same shitty job, I would have laughed too. I'm not laughing because Bush is a Republican, I'm laughing because someone needs to rape him in the ear.

Quote:
It's hard for you guys to understand that there are really more ways to think about an issue than what the Democrats think at any given point.
It's hard for you to grasp many things. For instance, that Bush's approval rating is horrible and has nothing to do with 'just democrats hating him'. The man is a terrible president. He has little support.

Quote:
It is okay to say hateful things to this president because you classify him as evil and think that his way of thinking is unacceptable.
Yes. It's okay to say hateful things to this President because he's doing a shitty job and someone needs to tell him he's doing a shitty job. The President is not a deity. He isn't beyond reproach. He NEEDS to be put through the fire if he's doing a shitty job. To not say anything just because he's the president IS unacceptable.

Quote:
Many people do think like he does and I think this will hold up in history.
You are wrong. Easy as that. I'll say it right here, and you guys can record it. If George W Bush goes down as a good President (and Im not talking about the way that other piece of dog shit Reagan is considered a good president by a bunch of right wing fanatics), I will cut off my balls, swallow them, and send a video to everyone watching this thread. That's how sure I am that he'll go down in history as a bad president.

Quote:
If we had not gone to Iraq then we would've been getting blown up on our streets in the years after 9-11.
#1, NO. #2, even if that were the case, which it isn't, and no one in the planet but you believes this, it doesn't change the fact that the war in iraq was horribly handled.

Quote:
This is something that you guys won't consider but it is the absolute truth.
IRAQ AND 911 ARENT VERY RELATED. EVERY PERSON IN THE PLANET THAT ISN'T AMERICAN KNOWS THIS. ALMOST ALL AMERICANS KNOW THIS. BIN LADEN FUCKED YOUR SHIT UP. IT HAPPENED, AND IT WAS UNFORTUNATE. BUT IT DID NOT MEAN, IN ANY WAY, THAT IRAQ HAD A BUNCH OF NUKES THAT THEY WERE GONNA DETONATE IN THE HEART OF NYC.

Quote:
As it is now, they are entering our country and they are getting caught every so often with some terrible plans for our citizens. I think Bush delayed what is bound to start happening. The terrorists were distracted by Iraq but now they are beginning to branch out- they are getting more and more threatening (especially Iran). the Dems are living in a dream world.
Dream world my BALLS, thats the motherfucking dream world. You have offered no evidence of this. And even then, what the fuck do you suggest? WIRETAPPING? INVADING IRAN? LOCKING PEOPLE UP IN GUANTANAMO FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS?

How about the debacle that was Hurricane Katrina? You can parrot out this utter fucking horseshit about how we'd be speaking arab right now if Iraq hadn't been invaded, but that's just the tip of the iceberg in terms of this administration's complete incompetence at everything.

Please, Lynn. Justify wiretapping. Justify revealing the identity of a secret agent. Justify the debacle of Katrina.

Quote:
Your values are that the President is beyond reproach. That's ridiculous. He's a human being, doing a job. He's doing a miserable job at it, and since he's not about to get fired, it's enjoyable for that MAJORITY THAT DISAGREES WITH HIS PRESIDENCY to hear someone tell him the truth to his face. Bush was a horrible president. He's the president under which the worst terrorist attack in american soil ended up with the world hating america, that's how completely incompetent he is. You can keep being a part of the diminishing percent that keeps clinging to Bush like he's the Messiah incarnate, or you can accept reality.

Last edited by The Heart Collector; 05-01-2006 at 05:50 PM..
Old 04-30-2006, 11:16 PM
You shame me Mr. Heart Collector.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:34 AM
touches you in the privates
Old 05-01-2006, 10:55 AM
Quote:
It's hard for you guys to understand that there are really more ways to think about an issue than what the Democrats think at any given point.
Hunter S. Thompson had Clinton's personal fax machine and would correspond some extremely defamatory things to him. THomspons skewered him in several of his writings, calling him creepy, and leech and many other things.

Yet Clinton maintained correspondence with Thompson, often responding that he valued Thompson's point of view, and continued inviting him to functions.

When Clinton was on Arsenio Hall, Hall brought up the "I did not inhale" thing, and joked about it. Clinton responded with laughter and offered some further explaination. Yeah, he probably wasn't truthful, but the point is that he didn't get pissed about it, and none of his supporters became offended over it.

I belive it is called 'humility' and it's supposed to be a characteristic of good Christians, but it seems to be something that Bush and his followers are completely devoid of.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:59 AM
To assume Bush doesn't have a tongue lashing coming from most of the American public fo his mishandling of the US economy, his involvement in the oil industry, and his personal vendetta against Iraq would be absurd.

To put Ann Coulter in the same hemisphere as Stephen Colbert is ridiculous, as Colbert is a satirist who puts most politicians on the same level regardless of their political beliefs and Coulter is a right wing militant with delusions of her own party's grandeur, which makes her arguments biased to the point of forfeiting any credibility.

To turn this into a political argument is pointless because many representatives from all parties were at this dinner. This had nothing to do with liberals or conservatives, because it is supposed to be a night of fun and jokes, regardless of any political affiliation.

By the way: I laughed at the impersonator and Bush, too. This country needs to see that he can take shit for being the way he is and still laugh about it himself. That Colbert was even invited in light of his own previous material was stunning.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MacReady

Also, I would wager every single Criterion that I have that if Ann Coulter had gone to a Clinton rally and told everybody that they were pure evil, you'd be defended it and saying how we should learn to accept free speech, and how it's important for the president to hear the people's displeasure.

<waits for MacReady to hand Lynn her ass, since he just finished tearing it up>

I agree with what everyone else has been saying here...it's our JOB as the American public to tell the government if they're doing a shitty job...

This country is SUPPOSED to be a Democratic one...but lately, I'm starting to wonder if we did say as a whole that we disapproved of something (like Dubya), if the government would listen or just tell us to piss off since they're the ones in charge...

It seems as though that's the kind of world you want, Lynn...one where our government makes all of our decisions for us.

All I know is that since this administration took over, all we've seen is this:

death of American citizens, death of Iraqui citizens, death of more American citizens, rising gas prices, gay Americans being denied the right to get married, the destruction of New Orleans, higher gas prices, fuming debate over the right to abortion and unrealistic gas prices.

If that's what letting the government be in charge does for us, then I want the town meeting system back...

~darchangel~
Old 05-01-2006, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by jeo4
To assume Bush doesn't have a tongue lashing coming from most of the American public fo his mishandling of the US economy, his involvement in the oil industry, and his personal vendetta against Iraq would be absurd.

To put Ann Coulter in the same hemisphere as Stephen Colbert is ridiculous, as Colbert is a satirist who puts most politicians on the same level regardless of their political beliefs and Coulter is a right wing militant with delusions of her own party's grandeur, which makes her arguments biased to the point of forfeiting any credibility.

To turn this into a political argument is pointless because many representatives from all parties were at this dinner. This had nothing to do with liberals or conservatives, because it is supposed to be a night of fun and jokes, regardless of any political affiliation.

By the way: I laughed at the impersonator and Bush, too. This country needs to see that he can take shit for being the way he is and still laugh about it himself. That Colbert was even invited in light of his own previous material was stunning.

Umm- in case you haven't noticed, the economy is booming despite the high gas prices. And we are doing the right thing in Iraq. to pull out would put the people in a horrible circumstance that would leave the entire country open to the terrorists. I say Bush will go down in history as a great president who was totally unappreciated in his time. But we will have to wait many years to see this. And I will think of you all and smile.

And I can see why many of you think it was OK to pounce on Bush because you show an inability at times to have a civil conversation with people you disagree with. We;ll see how patient you all are when the next Democrat gets criticized and is made to sit there and take a humiliated pounding. Oh wait- that would never happen because most Repubs would find that distasteful.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Oh wait- that would never happen because most Repubs would find that distasteful.
Distasteful like wearing purple hearts with a band aid on it during the 2004 election?
Old 05-01-2006, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by someguy
Distasteful like wearing purple hearts with a band aid on it during the 2004 election?

No. Because that is funny.

Come on everybody, admit it, Stephen Colbert is hilarious. And whether there was a Republican or Democrat in the White House, he, or somebody else from the Comedy Central group, would have mocked all those politicians.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Outsyder is right, the daily show people don't care about democratic or republican, this is NOT a democratic/republican issue. I mean, when Clinton was in office did the Daily Show's people just sit there and praise him?
Old 05-01-2006, 05:40 PM
Quote:
And I can see why many of you think it was OK to pounce on Bush because you show an inability at times to have a civil conversation with people you disagree with.

Are you suggesting we just call each other "fuckers" instead?
Old 05-01-2006, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by outsyder
No. Because that is funny.

Come on everybody, admit it, Stephen Colbert is hilarious. And whether there was a Republican or Democrat in the White House, he, or somebody else from the Comedy Central group, would have mocked all those politicians.

I am a loyal subscriber to outsyder's and Bubba's posts

Quote:
Originally posted by outsyder
Hunter S. Thompson had Clinton's personal fax machine and would correspond some extremely defamatory things to him. THomspons skewered him in several of his writings, calling him creepy, and leech and many other things.

Yet Clinton maintained correspondence with Thompson, often responding that he valued Thompson's point of view, and continued inviting him to functions.

When Clinton was on Arsenio Hall, Hall brought up the "I did not inhale" thing, and joked about it. Clinton responded with laughter and offered some further explaination. Yeah, he probably wasn't truthful, but the point is that he didn't get pissed about it, and none of his supporters became offended over it.

I belive it is called 'humility' and it's supposed to be a characteristic of good Christians, but it seems to be something that Bush and his followers are completely devoid of.

Lynn, we're not all little Democrat "YESmen". The majority of us can't stand the lot, so we could give a shit about their perspective. They're spineless and I would say opportunistic, but I can't think of an opportunity they didn't piss away into the wind.

Its ok to pounce on any politician because they signed up for the job of SERVING THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. And when you think service sucks, you complain! Why? so that the people who serve you don't get the idea that the shitty job they're doing is actually ok and can continue on.

Remember that 68% consists of people who originally voted for him. They're unhappy customers now.

As for a "booming economy", remember the reports say the economy is the highest its been in the past FOUR YEARS. That means within the terms of the Bush's administration. That means it ranks pretty high only within the time of his presidency.

Compared to years outside his terms................ ?
Old 05-01-2006, 05:53 PM
Quote:
And I can see why many of you think it was OK to pounce on Bush because you show an inability at times to have a civil conversation with people you disagree with.
I can see why you support a president that claims he can break 750 laws:

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...604300462/1012

Fuck George W Bush. NIGGA'S SHITTIN ON MY CEREAL.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:37 PM
I'm surprised how much media attention there is on Colbert's speech. Did he say something wrong?
Old 05-01-2006, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BubbaStrangelove
Are you suggesting we just call each other "fuckers" instead?

Well, it's a great way to liven up conversations.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:15 PM
Though it was fucking hilarious, I don't think it was a wise move for Stephen Colbert. He has the reputation of a fake in-your-face conservative, and it's hilarious. Unfortunately, he kinda ruined that.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Umm- in case you haven't noticed, the economy is booming despite the high gas prices.
What a bunch of crap. Automotive sales are slumping. People are cancelling vacation trips for lack of funds to pay for gas alone. Gas is predicted to clear $5 per gallon this year. This nation's economy is suffering more than it ever has. Gas prices aside, jobless rates are climbing higher than they have in decades. Outsourcing to third world nations is killing American jobs. You have no sources and no proof that the economy is "booming". This nation is headed for a recession, high gas prices or not. And absolutely nothing is getting done to fix the problem. There is absolutely no proof otherwise.

Quote:
And we are doing the right thing in Iraq. to pull out would put the people in a horrible circumstance that would leave the entire country open to the terrorists.
Right...if it weren't for our troops, Iraqis woul have to deal with all those roadside bombs, kidnappings, and televised threats to kill...um...one of them instead!! Imagine that!!

And there is no timetable to be done with this mess and hand the nation over, because nobody has enough spine to come forward and police this nation themselves. So the US takes the brunt of it at a monthly expense of $82 billion plus, all to be held suspect because there was no legitimate reason to invade. Good job, Dubya!!

Quote:
I say Bush will go down in history as a great president who was totally unappreciated in his time. But we will have to wait many years to see this. And I will think of you all and smile.
And I'll think of you too, when this all proves to be a crock of horseshit and historians paint him as incompetent, bullying, and inconsistent, leaving the economy and US foreign policy in shreds.

Quote:
Way to insult pretty much everyone here.

Quote:
We;ll see how patient you all are when the next Democrat gets criticized and is made to sit there and take a humiliated pounding.
Way to pigeonhole all democrats in a debate that wasn't even partisan, too.

I repeat myself, since you chose to pretty much ignore everything I just said: This had nothing to do with liberals or conservatives, because it is supposed to be a night of fun and jokes, regardless of any political affiliation.

Quote:
Oh wait- that would never happen because most Repubs would find that distasteful.
Beyond your own statement about an inability to have civil conversations, yeah...you have a point...

Conservatives would never stoop so low as to insult people at random for disagreeing with them.

Especially not those in high positions in office.

And least of all, the leader of the free world.

That would be wrong.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:08 PM
Lynn's posts crack me up...

So the poor wittle pwesident had to be FORCED to be subjected to the TRUTH! The fucker doesnt allow people who disagree with him when he's out on his talks within a certain distance of him...so FUCK HIM!

I'm tired of these funny har dee har get togethers where these murderous pricks get together and laugh off their bullshit..its about time there was gaping jaws at this function! Fuck Bush! When you're sending people to fucking die in vain you have no right to throw a party.

The chickens came home to roost at that dinner and Colbert was the KING COCK in the room! HE FUCKING RULES WITH TRUTH JUSTICE AND THE REAL AMERICAN WAY!

Like John Stewart said last night about Stephen's performace...

BALLS-O-LISCIOUS!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-02-2006, 03:22 PM
I don't know though. It's hard for me to imagine this being the thing that George Bush cares about.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:15 PM
Bush pretty much deserved it. Dont want to hear Colbert talk? Dont invite him to your fucking dinner parties!!!
Old 05-02-2006, 05:40 PM
You guys all scream about Coulter and yet many of you use the same type of rhetoric that she does. Just scroll up and read your own posts and see how "civil" they are.

No soldier has died in vain, by the way. We are in a real war and the terrorists are in full action against us. They hate our guts and want to destroy us. They chop off the heads of innocents (even kill Muslim children) and are PROUD of it. If you think soldiers are dying in vain you are liviing in a dream world. Wait until the terrorists start appearing in a neighborhood near you. Some will be grateful for the amount of intellgence we have been able to gather over the last three years.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by echo_bravo
Bush pretty much deserved it. Dont want to hear Colbert talk? Dont invite him to your fucking dinner parties!!!
Actually, I thought the white house invited him too but it was the AP who did. They were in charge of the event and brought him on because of the whole 'truthiness' thing he did.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:28 PM
Quote:
You guys all scream about Coulter and yet many of you use the same type of rhetoric that she does. Just scroll up and read your own posts and see how "civil" they are.

No soldier has died in vain, by the way. We are in a real war and the terrorists are in full action against us. They hate our guts and want to destroy us. They chop off the heads of innocents (even kill Muslim children) and are PROUD of it. If you think soldiers are dying in vain you are liviing in a dream world. Wait until the terrorists start appearing in a neighborhood near you. Some will be grateful for the amount of intellgence we have been able to gather over the last three years.

The difference is I'm not publishing my insults in a book and selling them.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Heart Collector
The difference is I'm not publishing my insults in a book and selling them.

And no one is defending the things you do on one hand, while complaining about someone else doing those things on another hand.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:55 AM
Quote:
I remember seeing an special on CBC with Bob McKeown about the distinct effect Conservative and Liberal media have on the public in the USA. Ann Coulter was part of the many interviews by this McKeown.

You can watch the entire documentary here if you wish. Follow the link near the top.

He played clips of some of the statements she made, especially about the US's relationship with Canada. How easily it would just be to "roll over" and crush us at any time. How much Canada depends on the US for money and resources. And (hilariously) thinking that Canada was a part of the Vietnam war and sent troops over.

This woman is the she-devil of Conservative media. She's like Bill O'Reailly but with breasts. I have no respect for commentators who (intentionally) bad-mouth a fellow ally and their politics.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:20 PM
Quote:
As I've said before, we just continously picked on a man who's reviled the world over, is incredibly powerful and one who affects the lives of many, along with being just a single person. Coulter demonizes an entire major demographic of normal everyday people as being worse than child molesters. She also loads her writing with endless stacks of hypocrisy, like accusing people she's never even met or know anything about of being evil while supporting some of the most cruel and sinister foreign and domestic policies I've ever heard of.

Quote:

Again, what the hell makes you think this? This is at least the third time you mention this scenario and how it should make republican president protected from dissent, but you've yet to cite evidence that stated that Iraq was a menace to us, expect for your own hope, desire, and fondness for the likeliness of this story being true.

I'm telling you this just one more time: if you're gonna come here on a daily basis, defend your statements and ideas using the world as it is, not the world as you'd like to see it. It's the reason why darchangel said talking to you was like talking to a concrete wall, or how some people have accused you of trolling. It's like you don't even believe the things you say, yet defend them constantly to the very last page. It's undescribably irritating for the rest of the board.