Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Music
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2006, 02:05 AM
Any Metal Fans Out There??!?!?!!???

Hola! I'm a hella hardcore Metal fan and i was just curious to know if their was anymore Metal fans out there? Or if there were some ppl who werent Metal fans but loved some Metal tunes...i got a huge ass list of bands that i like, but i was wondering what bands you all like...i like checking out new bands and such...
Old 07-24-2006, 02:46 AM
I'm a metalhead, for sure.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:47 AM
the

Last edited by andrew33; 10-20-2007 at 02:19 PM..
Old 07-24-2006, 06:11 AM
Hell yeah. I've seen Slayer 3 times. Hatebreed 4 X, Machine Head $X, but only Metallica once.

Screw Korn, Marilyn Manson, or Limp Bizkit. Death to false metal! Real Metal rules!!
Old 07-24-2006, 04:17 PM
Awesomeness, i'm pretty much into any kind of Metal...Forget about that stoopid emo shit...agh!!! KoRn definitely sold out, they aint that good anymore...I remember Monster Magnet. I really liked their Powertrip cd. Machine Head and Hatebreed are awesome bands also.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:14 PM
im into all sorts of metal

Korn, Children Of Bodom, Trivium, In Flames, Megadeth, Pantera, Trail Of Tears, Static-X, Satyricon, Mithotyn, Dimmu Borgir and loads of others
Old 07-24-2006, 05:21 PM
Hells yeah!!! Those are kick ass bands...i aint heard of Trail Of Tears or Mithotyn before....i guess i better check them out huh lol....

Here a few that i personally cant get enough of....

Demon Hunter, DevilDriver, Shinedown, Slipknot, Mudvayne, Coal Chamber, Spineshank, Chimaira, Flaw, Lamb Of God, Disturbed, Five Bolt Main, Trivium, Killswitch Engage, Hatebreed, In Flames, Soil, Static-X, Hypocrisy, Otep, Arch Enemy, Nothingface...

I have a HUGE list but those are some.....
Old 07-24-2006, 05:38 PM
I'm metal. My favorite bands include, but are not limited to, Opeth, Cannibal Corpse, Death, Control Denied, Suffocation, Pharaoh, Into Eternity, and casketloads more.

I won't be too specific here, but if you're a metalhead, you might want to click something below this post. It's a button that has three letters on it. It's one letter repeated three times.

Okay, I'll shut up now.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:53 PM
Cannibal Corpse is good band....how do you feel about Six Feet Under??? i aint into them too much but they still are good...
Old 07-24-2006, 06:09 PM
CC incinerates SFU, but Haunted and Maximum Violence are solid records.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:39 PM
^ What he said. Cannibal Corpse are death metal gods, and Geroge "Corpsegrinder" Fisher is the god of DM vocals. I posted a metal thread ages ago, but it's good to see others that love metal here.

\m/
Old 07-25-2006, 04:38 AM
I feel I'm a metalhead, but I can't get into a lot of the bands mentioned here anymore. There are so many types of metal to get into. Hell, most of these have a subgenre within a subgenre

Stoner Metal/Drone/Doom/Sludge(A lot of it overlaps each other in some way):

Kyuss
Sleep
High On Fire
Electric Wizard
Pelican
Isis
Jesu (Old stuff)
Sunn O(((
Acid Bath
Eyehategod
Down (Better than Pantera in every way, honestly I can't really listen to Pantera at all anymore.)
Crowbar (Older)
Acid King
Melvins
Corrosion Of Conformity (Older)
Black Sabbath (Always essential)
Boris
My Dying Bride (First few albums are great)
Paradise Lost (Ditto)
Anathema
Amorphis (Older)
Mastodon
Iron Monkey
Kayo Dot
Fu Manchu
Clutch
Neurosis
Cult Of Luna
Dove
Fudge Tunnel
Pentagram
Cathedral (Older)
Agalloch

Mathcore/Grindcore/Metalcore/Hardcore/Crossover/Noisecore (All mashes together):

Botch
The Number 12 Looks Like You
Converge
Deadguy
Dillinger Escape Plan
Psyopus
The Red Chord
Ed Gein
Discharge
Cephalic Carnage
Nasum
Pig Destroyer
The Berzerker
Brutal Truth
Disfear
Shadows Fall (First two albums only)
Lamb Of God (First album only)
Darkest Hour (Guilty pleasure for me)
Between The Buried And Me
Cave-In
Coalsce
Burnt By The Sun
Today Is The Day
From A Second Story Window
The Chariot
S.O.D.
Suicidal Tendencies
Cryptic Slaughter
The Cro-Maggs
Municipal Waste

Death Metal:

Arch Enemy (Pre last two albums)
At The Gates
Behemoth
Bolt Thrower
Carcass
Cryptopsy
Dark Tranquility
Death
Demillich (Biggest what the fuck vocals ever, but I love them)
Dismember
Dissection
Edge Of Sanity
Entombed (Older)
Gorguts
Hypocrisy (Older)
Immolation
Incantation
Malevolent Creation
Morbid Angel
Necrophagist
Nile
Obituary
Opeth
Possessed
Quo Vadis
Sepultura (Pre Chaos A.D. is pure Thrash/Death gold and I used to love that album)
Suffocation
The Chasm
Vader

Industrial:

Strapping Young Lad
Fear Factory
The Axis Of Perdition
Jesu
Godflesh
Type O Negative (Somewhat Industrial)

Progressive Metal:

Rush (Yeah, there metal despite Geddy's vocals)
Queensyrche (First couple albums were freaking great)
Dream Theater (Showoffs and tons of guitar wankery, but I appreciate it)
Opeth
Symphony X
Liquid Tension Experiment
Death
The Devin Townsend Band
Edge Of Sanity
Into Eternity
Spastic Ink
Spiral Architect
Mastodon
Meshuggah
Cynic
Atheist
Watchtower
Pessimist

Power Metal: (Least favorite subgenre, most of these bands I like for cheese factor)

Iron Maiden (They still rule)
Iced Earth
Nevermore (So do they)
Helloween (Great guitars, funny vocals)
Dio
Dragonforce (See Helloween)

Black Metal/Viking Metal/Folk Metal:

Absu
Bathory
Borknagar
Burzum
Darkthrone
Dimmu Borgir (Older shit)
Emperor
Goatwhore
Immortal
Ulver
Venom
Finntroll

Thrash/Speed Metal:

Anthrax (I can't stand the John Bush albums anymore, and Belladonna's vocals were pretty grating, but damn was the music good)
Megadeth
Metallica (Pre Black Album)
Slayer
Motorhead
Exodus
Kreator
Testament
Sodom
Annihilator
Celtic Frost (Hell these guys went all over the place genre wise)
GWAR
Dark Angel

Other Shit: (This shit crosses over too many genres)

Faith No More
Mr. Bungle
Fantomas
Crotchduster
...Into The Woods
Old 07-25-2006, 10:42 AM
I like some metal. I listen to mostly Ayreon and Dream Theater, metal-wise. Sometimes I'll listen to Metallica or Opeth.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Frank the Tank
Strapping Young Lad

The Devin Townsend Band
YES!!! Hevy Devy is the man. "The New Black" destoryes.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:04 PM
Man I love so much metal from so many genres it's not even funny. I'm not even going to bother to put them into sub genres, I'm just going to list most of them:

Arch Enemy, As I Lay Dying, Avenged Sevenfold, Ayreon, Between the Buried and Me, The Black Dahlia Murder, Black Label Society, Black Sabbath, Children of Bodom, Chimaira, Death, Devildriver, Devin Townsend Band, Dimmu Borgir, Disturbed, Dope, Dragonforce, Dream Theater, Drowning Pool, Edguy, Fear Factory, Fimbulwinter, Fozzy, God Forbid, Godsmack, The Haunted, Iced Earth, Ill Nino, In Flames, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Killswitch Engage, Korn, Kreator, Lacuna Coil, Lamb of God, Megadeth, Metallica, Mudvayne, Murderdolls, Mushroomhead, Opeth, Powerman 5000, Rammstein, Rob Zombie, Saliva, Seether, Sepultura, Serpent Underground, Sevendust, Shadows Fall, Slayer, Sonata Arctica, Stone Sour, Strapping Young Lad, Stratovarious, System of a Down, Symphony X, Tool, Type O Negative, The Union Underground, Velvet Revolver.

Some of these bands are hard rock and/or Nu-Metal but since the line between hard rock and light metal is very thin I included them anyway.

This is just off the top of my head, there are more that I probably didn't think about.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:23 PM
Ugh. I can't stand hardcore.

I guess I'm not that hip, but I worked with a girl who kept talking about "Hardcore, Hardcore, Hardcore" all the time and I had no idea what she meant. Once I finally figured it out, I was like "So THAT'S the name of the music I can't stand!"

I prefer just straight up metal, power metal, industrial metal.

KMFDM, Pig, Iced Earth, Nightwish, Primal Fear, Blind Guardian, Judas Priest, Apocalyptica, Metallica, Megadeth, Athrax, Slayer, Grip inc, Gamma Ray, Kamelot, Rammstein, Megaherz, Dokken, Sister Machine Gun, Fear Factory, Bile, etc, etc.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:32 PM
Not a huge metal fan. Occasionally I like to crank it up and get some energy out.

But if I want my metal, I'm usually go to one band:

Old 07-26-2006, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Badbird
Ugh. I can't stand hardcore.
when you say ‘hardcore’, what are YOU referring too?
Old 07-27-2006, 12:24 PM
I'm into almost anything "metal".

A good concert coming up is the Gigantour 2006. It has some of my fave bands on it:Megadeth, Arch Enemy, and Overkill. Lamb of God and Opeth will also be on it, but I'm not into them.

My favorie metal album of the year so far is Ministry's Rio Grande Blood. But new Gwar, Slayer and Asesnio come out next month so I'll have to see if it still stands.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:57 PM
That makes me soooo happy that there are people here that like really good music....i aint into the whole Nu-metal scene to much meaning (Breaking Benjamin, Trapt, Three Days Grace etc)...but i can listen to some...as long as a band has lots of screams/shouts and what not, you can be sure that i'll like them....i just love it loud!
Old 07-28-2006, 10:42 AM
Some of my favorites:

Mercyful Fate
King Diamond
Therion
Bal-Sagoth
Impaled Nazarene
Heretic
Darkthrone
Savatage
Nevermore
Graveland
Countess
Gorguts
Dismember
Morbid Angel
Judas Priest
The Lord Weird Slough-Feg
Bifrost
Candlemass
Immolation
Necramyth
Oathean
Old 08-01-2006, 05:47 AM
I listen to a lot of metal, Ranging from the Clear and beautiful melodies of Sonata Arctica, to the brutal violent rantings of Cryptopsy. Here are a few Bands that i particularly love:

Sonata Arctica
Gamma Ray
Stratovarius
Blind Guardian
Luca Turilli
Wintersun
Cryptopsy
Skinless
King Diamond
Irom Maiden
Death
Ensiferum
FInntroll
Dream Theater
Opeth
Amon Amarth
Children of Bodom
Rhapsody
Emperor
Edguy
Yngwie Malmsteen
Hammerfall
Concerto moon
Old 08-01-2006, 12:57 PM
I can't believe so many people in this thread like Cannibal Corpse. I realize Cannibal Corpse was a shitty, shitty death metal band when I was like FOURTEEN, for fuck's sake. Go listen to some Suffocation.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:11 PM
I loved metal when I was 13 but I've moved on since then. I still like bands that occasionally play different variations of metal, sorta the way Faith No More did.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando @$$ Fat View Post
I loved metal when I was 13 but I've moved on since then. I still like bands that occasionally play different variations of metal, sorta the way Faith No More did.
Have you heard of Mr Bungle Brando@$$fat?
Old 08-01-2006, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Heart Collector
I can't believe so many people in this thread like Cannibal Corpse. I realize Cannibal Corpse was a shitty, shitty death metal band when I was like FOURTEEN, for fuck's sake. Go listen to some Suffocation.
Same with Six Feet Under and Napalm Death. Instead of those everyone should listen to Immolation and Cryptopsy.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:02 PM
Did someone put Velvet Revolver as Metal? OK.........

One of the best metal shows out there is Soulfly! They are very tight live and Max Cavalera has an awesome metal voice!

Saw Slayer live with Hatebreed.......was disappointed. Hatebreed live is horrible compared to their cds. Much like the Deftones. Slayer wasn't good at all.....but maybe it was the sound that sucked.

Pantera was another awesome show...but that is no more. Superjoint Ritual is a good band...not sure how they are live?
Old 08-01-2006, 07:10 PM
Frank, Heart Collector...guys, I love Immolation and Suffocation (I'll be seeing the latter in November), but CC's latest is just as heavy and technical as anything on Pierced From Within or Harnessing Ruin. Sure, the lyrics are one-dimensional, but who fucking cares?
Old 08-01-2006, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Frank the Tank
Same with Six Feet Under and Napalm Death. Instead of those everyone should listen to Immolation and Cryptopsy.
hahahaha OUCH, ok, Napalm Death deserves a bit more respect than fuckin' Cannibal Corpse and Six Feet Under, even if they've had more lineups than every other band in history combined.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mory's Wigs
Saw Slayer live with Hatebreed.......was disappointed. Hatebreed live is horrible compared to their cds. Much like the Deftones. Slayer wasn't good at all.....but maybe it was the sound that sucked.
Slayer has been sucking for well over a decade.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:54 PM
Quote:
hahahaha OUCH, ok, Napalm Death deserves a bit more respect than fuckin' Cannibal Corpse and Six Feet Under, even if they've had more lineups than every other band in history combined.
Meh, they have maybe one album I can say I like out of 20 years(Harmony Corruption) which is one more than the other two.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Slayer has been sucking for well over a decade.
Yes they have, and their latest album (Christ Illusion) does not change anything.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:57 AM
I like some metal... None of the hardcore garbage that some people would call "music"... But stuff like Metallica, Disturbed, Manson, Mudvayne, etc.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Trail_Blazer
I like some metal... None of the hardcore garbage that some people would call "music"... But stuff like Metallica, Disturbed, Manson, Mudvayne, etc.
Thankfully, hardcore isn't considered a part of metal, but then again, most "tr00" metalheads would tell you that Disturbed and Mudvayne are "nu-metal" (I fucking hate the term)... Regardless, thank you for having taste.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by countchocula
Frank, Heart Collector...guys, I love Immolation and Suffocation (I'll be seeing the latter in November), but CC's latest is just as heavy and technical as anything on Pierced From Within or Harnessing Ruin. Sure, the lyrics are one-dimensional, but who fucking cares?
Right. I live Suffocation and Immolation. "Kill" is one of the best releases this year. CC are extreamly talented musicans.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by countchocula
(I'll be seeing the latter in November)
'
You seeing them with Fear Factory, Hyprocisy and Decapitation?
Old 08-02-2006, 01:30 PM
I ONLY listen to metal...but all the sub-genres of metal too (black/death/thrash/speed)

Groups I really like are:

PANTERA
Scum of the earth
White Zombie
Marilyn Manson
Slipknot
Metallica
Tool
Type O Negative
System of a down
Megadeth
Rob Zombie
Superjoint Ritual
OLD NIN
KoRn
Cradle of Filth
Deicide
Hatebreed
Ozzy
Black Label Society
Mushroomhead
Children of Bodom
Bathory

I could make a list like this for hours...these are just my faves...and pretty much in that order
Old 08-03-2006, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Tai Mai Jew
when you say ‘hardcore’, what are YOU referring too?
Bands like Trivuim, Atreyu, Hatebreed, As I Lay Dying, etc.

You know, the screamy-screamy verse with the pouty-emo whining chorus. Repeat, repeat, fade out.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Badbird
Bands like Trivuim, Atreyu, Hatebreed, As I Lay Dying, etc.

You know, the screamy-screamy verse with the pouty-emo whining chorus. Repeat, repeat, fade out.
That's actually Metalcore. It's kind of confusing at first, but let me explain: metalcore is a genre that has become popular latly. It is a fusion genre, which fuses Hardcore and Metal influences together into one musical form. Bands like Killswitch Engage, Shadows Fall, God Forbid and Lamb of God have been labeled the "New Wave of American Heavy Metal" because they have become the current pioneers of this genre and it is the first time America has put it's stamp on Metal since Thrash back in the 80's and early 90's.

The bands you mention are popular, yes, but they are actually much different from the pioneers I mention. Try taking a listen to the bands I mentioned- They're more Metal than they are Hardcore anyway.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by HannibalGuy
You seeing them with Fear Factory, Hyprocisy and Decapitation?
Yep. It's going to kick almighty ass.

As for metalcore, the only bands I can tolerate are Shadows Fall, All That Remains, God Forbid, and maybe even Martyr A.D.