Old 04-19-2007, 02:45 AM
R. Lee Ermey

Gotta love this guy....

What movie comes to mind schmoes?

I am watching FATHER OF THE PRIDE that used to be on da TV now I am catching up with the episodes that was shown during its inital run.
Actor R. Lee Ermey lent his voice as a bunny that tries to whip lead chracter John Goodman into some kind of shape.

Old 04-19-2007, 03:34 AM
Yay. I haven't seen Full Metal Jacket but I thought he was great in the underseen and underrated thriller Switchback, my favorite performance of his.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:52 AM
YAY, excellent actor
Old 04-19-2007, 01:58 PM
Yay

Brilliant actor with some amazing performances to his name.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:54 PM
I'd hit it
Old 04-19-2007, 09:50 PM
A genius in the flesh!

I'd hit it as well. (In a completely heterosexual way!)
Old 04-23-2007, 12:52 AM
Nobody here would hit it with R Lee Ermy. He'd fuck everyone here first. And so hard and fast, we'd be left speechless and walking bow legged. I love R Lee in everything from Toy Story to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Of course, he was fantastic as the DI in Full Metal Jacket. He's the toughest old bastard in movies. HUGE YAY from me.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:55 AM

Yay!
Old 05-02-2007, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by jeo4
He'd fuck everyone here first.

But would he have the god damn common courtesy to give me a reach-around?
Old 08-02-2007, 01:06 AM

From what I have seen of Full Metal Jacket as well as Willard and TCM I have to give him a yay. Especially since he took a shit on Steve Zahn's lawn. Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:07 PM
Yay. He deserved more than just a Golden Globe nomination for Full Metal Jacket.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:38 PM
I love this guy. He was the best thing in "Full Metal Jacket" and always kept me watching (explains why I dozed off after he left). He's also fantastic in the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" movies.

And I love "Mail Call".
Old 08-11-2007, 02:33 AM
I liked him in Se7en. Since Full Metal Jacket, he has played the drill sargeant in many movies, but I think he's been in enough movies playing something other than a hard ass that he's not typecast.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:02 AM
YAY

Plainly and quite simply

The Man
Old 10-31-2007, 05:42 PM
He really surprised me in Switchback, giving a good performance and depth to a part that at first seemed like a throwaway.

Sure, he gets typecast as the drill sergeant, but he's damn good at it... nobody can dish out verbal abuse like this man. Definitely the best thing about Full Metal Jacket, and it was also a hoot to see him parody the exact same role in The Frighteners.

And Sheriff Hoyt... utterly disgusting but he stole the entire movie.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:40 PM
This guys great, Funny, badass, and in the TCM remake was a much better head of the family than the original.

I think his role in Se7en should also get good credit. He sneaks up on you, and he comes and goes like nothing, very subtle, but the aesthetics and plot focus hides him, but he does a really good job.