Old 06-28-2007, 02:29 AM
Most Disturbing Movie in Horror History

Salo 120 days of Sodum anybody ever have the dubious pleasure to watch this gem Directed by a gay catholic Filmaker? I would but paying $500 for an un-cut version goes beyond my beliefs for any dvd.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:06 AM
Salo isnt a horror film...in fact it's very dull, not at all disturbing and not worth buying imo

oh yeah and as for paying $500 for the dvd, criterion are re-releasing it this year

Last edited by Cronos; 06-28-2007 at 08:19 AM..
Old 06-28-2007, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Cronos
Salo isnt a horror film...in fact it's very dull, not at all disturbing and not worth buying imo

oh yeah and as for paying $500 for the dvd, criterion are re-releasing it this year
I'm just trying to top Cannibal Holocaust. To me the movie was over hyped and seemed lame. It had a theme and didn't seem too bad.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:34 PM
I hear Singapore Sling is pretty icky. Other than that, Guinea Pig.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmanw54301 View Post
I hear Singapore Sling is pretty icky.
It's not as bad as some make it out to be, it's pretty odd at times.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:17 AM
not sure it's in the same catagory,but audition was very disturbing.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:03 PM
Ya know, all these movies that are supposed to "shock" and "disturb" me never really do. I think all the advertising and shit overhypes, usually I end up going "Damn, that's cool. Nice effects!" Nice entertainment, but shocking? No. It takes a LOT to disturb me if something is just a movie. Not even the infamous "turtle scene" got me. If anything, the most disturbing movie I ever saw was E.T. when I was 3 (that movie, or at least the first 30 minutes of it, scared the absolute fucking shit out of me.)
Old 07-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Ain't none of you motherfuckers have probably laid your eyes on Nekromantik...
Old 07-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by JJFlamingo
Ain't none of you motherfuckers have probably laid your eyes on Nekromantik...
i've seen it, i've also had the displeasure of seeing the sequel, neither lived up to their hype, just really really crappy
Old 07-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Slaughtered Vomit Dolls
Old 04-29-2008, 07:45 AM
YEAH CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST...is pretty sick...THE FACES OF DEATH movies
Old 04-29-2008, 08:29 AM
faces of death sucks...

all the august underground movies are pretty freaking disturbing, ive only seen the first.

it was pretty freaking disturbing.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:46 PM
The August Underground's are fucked up, Mordum is even worse than the first one. Fun stuff.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronos View Post
The August Underground's are fucked up, Mordum is even worse than the first one. Fun stuff.
The F/X are pretty good in Mordum. But everything else sucks. It took me like a week to finish it. Nothing really happens. But if you like gore for the sake of gore you'll like it.

I see copies of Nekromantik at the conventions alot. But I never heard anything good about them. So I always pass.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronos View Post
These would be my choices as well. The fact that there is almost zero plot and some serious violence/gore for almost the entire length of the movie. One of those "if certain people saw you watching it, they may change their opinion on you" type of movies.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletcher70 View Post
YEAH CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST...is pretty sick...THE FACES OF DEATH movies
Faces of Death doesn't quite cut it in this category since all the death footage is fake after the first.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:37 AM
As everyone said Salo is not a horror film.It also can be bought for 20-30 $. The version i have is the BFI version.It cost me $30.

MAY CONTAIN A FEW SPOILER PARTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway,its a disgusting filthy film,classless and disturbing.Im not into men molesting little boys and little girls. I also dont dig eating shit,getting pissed on and what ever the fuck else went on in that film.I watched it once and that was enough.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:58 AM
Maybe not the most disturbing, but Who Can Kill a Child? has a very unique premise.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:19 PM
You all have left out the most disturbing film of all time "Dungeon Siege In the Name of the King"! Someone gave Uwe Boll of all people 60million dollars to make a movie.

For my list of distrubing horror

Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer
Guinea Pig Series
Traces of Death (Who wants to see someone's wang cut off and stuffed in their mouth?)
Hostel series because you wonder if such places exist

Remember culturally speaking We are more desensitized to voilence than our parents. My father got disturbed by the original Dawn of the Dead's zombie vs helicopter rotor scene.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:51 AM
Subconscious Cruelty (1999)

Plot (KINDA SPOILERS):

Subconscious Cruelty does not consist of a single plot or timeline; rather, it is a series of vignettes that explore the filmmakers' visions. The visuals of the film frequently deal with taboo subjects, and much of the film is considered to be disturbing to the audience. As the film progresses, the viewer encounters such subject matter as masturbation, menstruation, and cannibalism, as well as frequent depictions of bodily fluids of every kind. Hussain's vision for the film was to present an unforgettable visual and sonic experience, and to challenge popular ideals of film.

I got this movie at a horror convention, it had a post - it! note on it that said "The Sickest Movie Ever Made"... and it was pretty disturbing. As Far as I know the movie doesnt exist in Region 1.. and the DVD I have is Region 2.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:10 PM

Never heard of that one either.Where does everyone find so many taboo,and where can I buy some?
Old 09-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Fanatic View Post
Salo 120 days of Sodum anybody ever have the dubious pleasure to watch this gem Directed by a gay catholic Filmaker? I would but paying $500 for an un-cut version goes beyond my beliefs for any dvd.
Not only is it avalible on Netflix i have seen it on Amazon and Ebay and the highest price was $26. And the higher priced ones were brand new.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:19 PM

Funny BEGOTTEN story:

I was telling a girl I know about this film that literally mortified me within it's first 5 minutes,she asked how GOD killing himself w/t a razor would be scary.So I gave her a link to BEGOTTEN,rather than being shocked or repulsed,she simply stated it was "Awesome,"but she didn't much care for the necrophilia hand-job.

Never in my life have I heard someone say GOD killing himself was awesome before then.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:54 AM

In My Skin(France) - extreme case of self-mutilation
The Isle(Korea) - Horrific utilizations of fishhooks, the only time IN MY LIFE that I've ever shouted out loud at a movie, "Oh no please don't!!!"

The ending to Tod Browning's Freaks disturbed me pretty effectively at 8 years old.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:45 PM
I saw the trailer to Fear Chamber any big brother 10 fans will know Keesha is in it and it stars Richard Tyson (bad guy in Kidengarten cop) and it is pretty disturbing.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:00 PM
Two things….

So far, I agree with Bad Cover Version about most of the films that he listed. However, of the films he has listed that I've seen, I do not agree with their classification as something other than horror.

Is not that what horror is supposed to do: repulse, disturb, and most of all, cause subversion in the viewer. As subversion changes the way that we perceive the world and is really the only way to scare someone.

I don’t mean to sound mean or like a pretentious and toffee-nosed, art-house wannabe critic, because I truly respect all your opinions, but…

Fuck blood and guts. Seriously, fuck it. Other than it being the most inartistic way of disturbing someone, it is also the least affective. Not to sound like a tough, scrawny person, but gore is for sissies. This is both in real life and in the movies.

As the most disturbing thing about gore is that it is human, it is derived from pain, and it causes grief. Think about it, if there was not pain or death in the world, would we really care about the red stuff. I hope not.

Credence in characterization that makes us like the characters like friends/family that are then put through the meat grinder, atmosphere, suspense, bleakness, and (gasp!) script truly should be the only good way of getting under someone’s skin.

In all seriousness, the only disturbing thing about gore, is that people in the arts think it's something more than it is-- fuck that.

Last edited by Horror; 01-29-2009 at 08:23 PM..
Old 02-05-2009, 07:16 AM
No need for an apology - The whole purpose of these threads are to discuss opinions.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:46 AM
Imprint more for overall atmosphere then any one event. Everything about that movie was wrong and evil. Inside would be 2nd.

Even in lesser quality horror movies when a nice female character dies it always depresses me.

Is linking to video's cool in the thread?

EDit:Holy Shit this thread is ancient!
Old 08-28-2009, 11:45 AM
I think horror films are empowering to women. (I am a woman) Usually the final survivor who has to confront the evil force is a female. If a woman is abused in a horror film she often gets to enact revenge of the stalker, monster, alien, ghost, force, whatever. I find this to be a catharsis and a relief from stress and fear of daily life.

That said
1. Martyrs
2. I spit on your grave
3. Ichi the Killer
4. Visitor Q
5. Frontiers

(I think that Inside is too much fun to be on this list
Old 08-28-2009, 12:03 PM
Inside is too much fun? Well...guess I can say I've heard everything now...
Old 08-29-2009, 06:10 AM
zombie- I know it is strange to say that "Inside" is too much fun- but I mean that when violence is that extreme (without the sense of meaness that are in films like hostel and the saw) that the violence becomes cartoonish and thus fun. Dead Alive, Evil Dead 2, Bad Taste are fun because they are funny but Inside has some of that same over the topness