Old 03-30-2008, 08:33 PM
Who Is America's Worst Comedian?

(From Gawker)
Quote:
Sure, the first person you think of is Dane Cook. With his blend of vagina jokes, date-rapey fans, and factory-distressed jeans, guy's a total douche cocktail. But what about Carlos Mencia? How can a man tell a retard joke that doesn't make me laugh? To celebrate March Madness, radio jocks "Toucher & Rich" on Boston's WBCN are whittling down a list of 16 lames to see who will emerge as "The Unfunniest Comic."

Here are the current standings. Is Robin Williams really less entertaining than Jeff Foxworthy? And what the hell's Paula Poundstone doing in there? Is she still even working? (Oh, here's a bigger version.) I've never listened to "Toucher and Rich," but I thought this chart was awesome. So screw those dudes—what do you think?

In related news, Cook's old comedy pals seem to be turning on him. I heard about this contest on "Opie and Anthony" yesterday, where actually funny comedian Mike Birbiglia plugged an upcoming gig by saying, "I am the Dane Cook of comedy." Ha!
Who do you guys think? A couple of my votes:

Carlos Mencia AKA Ned Arnel Mencía

Larry the Cable Guy

Dane Cook (Only exception was his role in Waiting)
Old 03-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Those guys are definitely pretty terrible.

My votes:

Kathy Griffin

Janeane Garofalo

Bill Maher:
Old 03-30-2008, 09:12 PM
Carlos Mencia
Old 03-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Definately Dane Cook...the man is annoying as hell.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:34 PM
Definitely Ned Holness (Mencia is not his name Lindsey, sorry to correct you.)
Old 03-30-2008, 09:41 PM
Bill Maher has no business being mentioned in a worst comedians thread. Ned Holness is of course the worst though.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson13 View Post
Definitely Ned Holness (Mencia is not his name Lindsey, sorry to correct you.)
Hmmm... Well Nathan, I looked him up and according to Wiki:

Quote:
Ned Arnel Mencía was born the seventeenth of eighteen children. At the time of his birth, his Mexican mother, Magdelena Mencía, was engaged in a domestic dispute with his Honduran father, Roberto Holness, and declined to give her son his biological father's last name.[1] The name appearing on his birth certificate is "Ned Arnel Mencía", although Mencia has said that out of respect for his biological father he went by the Holness name anyway, and was known as "Ned Holness" until he was eighteen years old.
He's a bastard none the less.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:39 PM

Maybe not the worst ever but I kinda hate Frank Caliendo. Sure, he does some good impressions- he does a good Bush, Robert Deniro, an okay impression of the cast of Seinfeld, but what really pisses me off about the guy is his John Madden impression. Talk about milking something for all it's worth to the point of nauseum. And it's John Madden, for God's sake! It's not as if that's the most relevant person to goof on. His stint on Mad TV really annoyed me because they did the John Madden thing all the time. Now I think he has some permanent gig impersonating him on a sports show. I really just find that extremely pathetic. He's not so much a comedian or impressionist as he is a glorfied impersonator of a semi-well-known sports commentator.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek237 View Post

Maybe not the worst ever but I kinda hate Frank Caliendo.
THANK YOU.

He and Larry the Cable Guy are my least favorite people in the world.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
Carlos Mencia AKA Ned Arnel Mencía
I'll go with this asswipe right here.

Aside from not being funny, he rips off other comedians jokes. When called on it(by Joe Rogan)he cowered and denied all of it by trying to make another unfunny joke out of it.

This piece of fat ugly shit is a liar and a thief.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:03 PM
Dane Cook
Jeff Dunham
Larry the Cable Guy
Carlos Mencia
Eddie Pepitone
Old 08-18-2012, 08:17 PM
Looking back at this thread, I still stand by my assessment of ANT, the only good thing is up until I saw my reply, I hadn't seen or heard of Ant in such a long time, so im glad he went away! A far better homosexual comedian is Mario Cantone, that guy is pretty damn funny.

I also stand by my critique of George Lopez, his whole act hinges on Mexican vs. American... although when i first posted a reply in 2008, I used the term "He sucks nut sac!" I'm glad to see that I have matured a bit over these past 4 years!!

As for comedians now that I don't like:

Chelsea Handler: She is not really funny, she can say a line here and there that is comical, but her whole act is just based on her trying to be edgy by skewering celebrities. An act done by other, far better, comedians. Plus I don't like her whole "Im 35 and I get wasted every night, and Party" She is famous cuz she fucked the head of E, I guess a career is a career, but that personality type doesn't appeal to me.

The thing is I used to like Handler until it just one day dawned on me, she sucks! I watched her show, cuz she had funny comedians on it. And one of those Comedians was Jo Koy. I really like that dude on Handlers show, he is always one of the funnier guests, so I decided to check out his stand up, and it was just bad! I think as a dude, he is very funny, seems like a guy you would want to have a convo with, but his stand up just isn't very comical!

I still don't like Katt Williams' stand up.. and I will add to that Mike Epps. These are 2 guys that I enjoy seeing in movies, because they are really good comedic actors, but their stand up routines are terrible.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
Chelsea Handler: She is not really funny, she can say a line here and there that is comical, but her whole act is just based on her trying to be edgy by skewering celebrities. An act done by other, far better, comedians. Plus I don't like her whole "Im 35 and I get wasted every night, and Party" She is famous cuz she fucked the head of E, I guess a career is a career, but that personality type doesn't appeal to me.
That's basically the problem I have with comics like her. It honestly doesn't matter if a few of her jokes are funny, because so many other comics are doing the same thing.

Hell, we do a much better job of making fun of celebrites. How come we don't have a show?

Hollywood sucks.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:50 AM
Wow. Way to kick this one upstairs.

Adding Doug Stanhope to this list.