Old 05-03-2008, 05:51 AM
Tom Waits

I haven't listened to the man's music for ages and am now discovering it all over again.

Any fans around this place? Supposedly he's going to tour this summer and hopefully around Europe as well!

I haven't heard any of his pre-swordfishtrombones stuff, can any of you recommend with what to start with?
Old 05-03-2008, 06:46 AM
There are periods where I immerse myself in his music.

If you haven't heard anything pre-"Swordfishtrombones", start with "Closing Time". Martha, off that album, is probably THE most amazing song ever written. No, it is.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:33 PM
i personally love blue valentine, which i'm pretty sure is pre-swordfishtrombones.

his cover of somewhere is pure perfection and my all-time favourite version of the song...and kentucky avenue is a masterwork.

small change is a great album too.
Old 05-03-2008, 02:02 PM
It's tough to think of any album that achieves genius on every level like Bone Machine does throughout.
Old 05-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacvaginafinda View Post
It's tough to think of any album that achieves genius on every level like Bone Machine does throughout.
bone machines my least favorite of all his output, I love small change and rain dogs a lot, blood money is killer sweet too

Last edited by Superplasmatron; 05-04-2008 at 03:49 PM..
Old 05-03-2008, 08:54 PM
bone machine is my favorite.

dirt in the ground is just... amazing.

the heart of saturday night is really good/underrated album of his.