Old 09-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Sons of Anarchy

Sons of Anarchy, a new fx series, just premiered this past Wednesday. Did anyone catch it? I did, and I must say I dug it. The cast is pretty deep. Charlie Hunnam (who has reminded me of Heath since his days on Undeclared) is the main character and does a bang up job. Ron Pearlman, Mark Boone Junior, Katey Segal (who really stands out), and my boy Tommy Flanagan round out the solid cast. It's all about a California biker club and the things they get into. After the pilot I must say I'l be watching... Anyone else?

Last edited by chasingbanky; 09-05-2008 at 06:23 PM..
Old 09-05-2008, 10:05 PM
I wanted to but missed the pilot. Completily forgot about it and the Shield. Hopeing to track it down on the net and keep up.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutesaint View Post
I wanted to but missed the pilot. Completily forgot about it and the Shield. Hopeing to track it down on the net and keep up.
I'm not sure if FX.com or Fox do anything like ABC, but I'd check the official sites to see if they have it on there. I'm sure they'll be replaying it this coming week at some point. If I see it before it airs again, I'll post the time on here.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:04 PM
Episode 2 tonight w/ Charlie Utter from Deadwood... Anyone watching?
Old 09-10-2008, 04:33 PM
I've seen a few previews for this and while I love FX, this show just does not look interesting to me. I may catch an episode at some point but I'm not going to go out of my way.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:58 PM
I wasn't expecting much from this show, but I decided to give it a shot because FX seems to know how to make good original series for the most part. I was pleasantly surprised with it. It didn't hook me the way some great pilots like Lost or The Shield did, but it was much better than I had anticipated. Definately good enough to keep me coming back for more. Hopefully it gets even better as the season goes along.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombievictim View Post
I've seen a few previews for this and while I love FX, this show just does not look interesting to me. I may catch an episode at some point but I'm not going to go out of my way.
While you're sitting around waiting to get your new microphone for xbox live you should watch this show... It's well worth it.

The 2nd episode was just as awesome as the first... At least.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:05 PM
Now we're rolling. Don't know about you guys but a slow start to the season (which is fine) but finally a lot of things, interesting things begin happening.

And fuck yea! Robert Patrick!!! then that dude from Nip/Tuck. The return of Darby - missed that guy. "Doin' the Jesus thing" lol. You could tell already in the first scene between Jax and him, Jax is all smiling for real. Probably missed Skinner all these past seasons...

Lot's of funny moments and lines. "Al Whiteman" lol

This episode was a great reminder of why I love the series.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
Now we're rolling. Don't know about you guys but a slow start to the season (which is fine) but finally a lot of things, interesting things begin happening.
Word. Honestly, I thought the first three were a little disappointing. Especially after what happened at the end of the premiere, I think that was a pretty big mistake on Sutter's part. It took me out of the show a little bit, you know? It seems like they could've come up with something else to make Tech 9's impossible to move, something that would feel a little less sensational. But whatevs, I forgive that easily enough, but after that it didn't pick up much. The stuff with RoboCop and the whore business, Jax fucking around on Tara, it all just felt kinda meh. Last episode was a big step up.

However comma, there's one thing that almost ruined it for me and that was the Marshall's comment after Otto shivs him. It was a little too self-aware, a bit too nudge-nudge wink-wink "look he's saying what you guys are thinking!" Again, it kinda took me out of the moment which is too bad since it was such an awesome one. But again again I can forgive it, especially since I'm really intrigued wondering what they're gonna do now. War with the Irish? Fuckin sign me up. This should be awesome.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillingworth View Post
Word. Honestly, I thought the first three were a little disappointing. Especially after what happened at the end of the premiere, I think that was a pretty big mistake on Sutter's part. It took me out of the show a little bit, you know? It seems like they could've come up with something else to make Tech 9's impossible to move, something that would feel a little less sensational. But whatevs, I forgive that easily enough, but after that it didn't pick up much. The stuff with RoboCop and the whore business, Jax fucking around on Tara, it all just felt kinda meh. Last episode was a big step up.

However comma, there's one thing that almost ruined it for me and that was the Marshall's comment after Otto shivs him. It was a little too self-aware, a bit too nudge-nudge wink-wink "look he's saying what you guys are thinking!" Again, it kinda took me out of the moment which is too bad since it was such an awesome one. But again again I can forgive it, especially since I'm really intrigued wondering what they're gonna do now. War with the Irish? Fuckin sign me up. This should be awesome.
I linked to an interview a page or so back. The ending of the premiere was basically Sutter making his own statement on guns and bla bla. It didn't bother me too much in all honesty, but all the eps up to now were just generally slow and not exactly exciting in any way. I just hope from now on it stays consistent like that.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:08 PM
Nero.
Spoiler:
After Toric dead, how can Nero now be acquitted of all that planted evidence? Though I believe Roosevelt will come through...
Old 10-03-2013, 10:03 PM
As much as I love Donal Logue, I'm glad his character is dead.

That whole shooting the hooker thing was just utterly stupid.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:21 AM
In autumn 2008, the American cable channel FX aired its new series "Sons of Anarchy", which is telling about the club outlaw bikers. It should be noted first of all the character Katie Sagal, playing the role of Gemma Teller Morrow. Series would not be so original and interesting without her. The actress plays a role in all 150 percent. Other characters in the general ensemble of the show do not look bad, but still lost in the background. A big plus for the series is that the quality of the storylines, actors' play increases with each passing season. Also it's worth to note soundtracks in the episodes of the series are great, high-quality music always adds a good show. In general, if you want to see a good and intriguing in every episode of the drama, you should watch this

Last edited by SkyNet; 09-04-2014 at 01:24 PM..
Old 09-04-2014, 01:26 PM
I just finished binge watching all 6 seasons... can not wait for season 7!

But I do have to say... as much as I love the show... Charlie Hunnam is not the strongest actor! I just don't buy him as a big bad tough guy... same way I was on the dude from Remember The Titans that played Opie!
Old 09-05-2014, 07:07 PM
When he puts his hands in his pockets, you know it's 'acting' time.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:41 AM
What's everyone's thoughts on the season so far? Personally for me it really feels like they're dragging it out! Sad to see a show that I enjoyed so much up until this season, start to piss me off so much!
Old 10-23-2014, 02:51 AM
What are my thoughts? Where the fuck is this going, and what a mess. Those were my thoughts during the most recent episode. It's just weak and not engrossing at all as it was in the first few seasons.
Old 10-23-2014, 02:35 PM
Yeah what a shame for those of us who've stuck with it for six years, through all the silly moments, only for Sutter to be given full control of the scripts and repay us with a whole season (so far) of crap. I will stick with it though and I really hope it somehow comes together for a half decent ending but I'm not wasting much faith.
Old 10-23-2014, 03:08 PM
I'm liking it. This past Tuesday's episode really stirred some things up. Just waiting to see when all of the lies and lack of communication crumble the MC.