Old 10-08-2008, 01:06 PM
South Park

Supposedly there is a brand new episode tonight! I am stoked! Here is the plot from their website:

"Cartman must confront the Chinese alone while the American people are haunted by the memory of recent tragic events. "

Hmmmm should be awesome.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:50 PM
yup, cant wait
Old 10-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Yeah, I didn't realize it was tonight.

Woo...
Old 10-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Sounds awesome

Hopefully, City Wok Guy makes an appearance, he hasn't done anything since Season 9.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Oh shit i forgot all about south park.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:24 PM
Man, I hope i finish some of my homework before it comes on.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:35 PM
Wow, six months of no South Park and that's the best they can do. Man, this was the least funny episode since the Oprah one. The main plot didn't get one chuckle out of me and that's pretty bad when it involves Cartman and Butters.

The Indiana Jones getting raped plot was funny at first (The Accused rape scene with Indy/Lucas and Spielberg was ridiculous), but got old pretty fast.

Hopefully, they can do better throughout the rest of season 12, because I thought they kind of phoned it in here. Then again, I didn't watch the Olympics and I don't care about Indiana Jones so maybe this one went over my head.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
Wow, six months of no South Park and that's the best they can do. Man, this was the least funny episode since the Oprah one. The main plot didn't get one chuckle out of me and that's pretty bad when it involves Cartman and Butters.

The Indiana Jones getting raped plot was funny at first (The Accused rape scene with Indy/Lucas and Spielberg was ridiculous), but got old pretty fast.

Hopefully, they can do better throughout the rest of season 12, because I thought they kind of phoned it in here.
Wrong. Just so wrong. So far past wrong you are coming back from the other direction and making a circle.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson13 View Post
Wrong. Just so wrong. So far past wrong you are coming back from the other direction and making a circle.
Well, I didn't like it and I like most South Park episodes people dislike (The Pioneer episode from earlier this season was awesome as was the Britney one). I thought the "punched in the dick" joke goes with "I'm Serial" and The Hardly Boys "Clues" as jokes that Matt and Trey found funny that were really overused.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Well, I didn't like it and I like most South Park episodes people dislike (The Pioneer episode from earlier this season was awesome as was the Britney one). I thought the "punched in the dick" joke goes with "I'm Serial" and The Hardly Boys "Clues" as jokes that Matt and Trey found funny that were really overused.
The Pioneer episode is my favorite SP episode. I didn't like it much the first time, but I saw repeats of it, and live it.

I kind of agree with you though. This new episode was ok, could have been much better.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe1985 View Post
The Pioneer episode is my favorite SP episode. I didn't like it much the first time, but I saw repeats of it, and live it.
That's exactly what I thought about it. On first viewing, I thought it was okay but kind of a weak finale, but it's awesome on repeat viewings. Murderin' Murphy and the Townsfolk are hilarious as is Stan dressing up like the townsfolk and Butters trying to sound tough the whole episode. Plus, the fact that the robbers robbed Burger King was great as well. It also gives me a bit of a Cannibal The Musical vibe as the Townspeople all talk similar to how the characters talked in that movie.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:50 PM
I still think they do the satire well.

It doesn't top the other George Lucas/Steven Spielberg story in my book but it doesn't have to.

The Cartman/Butters plot didn't have any highlights.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:39 PM
"You don't shoot people in the dick Butters!"

I liked this one, not quite as much as a few from the first half though.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:38 PM
Quote:

Hopefully, they can do better throughout the rest of season 12, because I thought they kind of phoned it in here. Then again, I didn't watch the Olympics and I don't care about Indiana Jones so maybe this one went over my head.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:43 PM
Great Post, Brodeur and you messed up the thread with it too

Anyways, there's just so many times they can do the Cartman is racist for no reason thing before it gets a little old. They should've ended it after last seasons hilarious ending to The Snuke. Kind of like how I couldn't get into the AIDS episode because I'm so bored of Kyle Vs Cartman.

But, yeah I can't get into Indiana Jones so I really don't care that they are sticking it to Lucas and Spielberg again. And, really they are doing a plot involving China and City Wok Guy is nowhere to be found. He could've provided some funny moments.

Last edited by Frank the Tank; 10-09-2008 at 02:48 PM..
Old 10-08-2008, 11:31 PM
Again with the great ideas and great plot, but the writing was weak and redundant.

Average at best.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:35 PM
It was OK. However it was very redudant at got a little boring at times.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:53 PM
Yea the whole you don't shoot people in the dick was well timed and hilarious
Old 10-10-2008, 05:41 PM
The episode wasn't classic, but funny none the less. Cartmen and Butters impersonating Chinese people was hilarious, than Spielberg & Lucas raping Indiana Jones was just classic.