Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Celeb Talk/Gossip > Celeb-O-Meter
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2008, 02:40 AM
Posters opinions on Celebrity looks are usually wrong...

On the "Hot or Not" topic on Moviehotties.com there have been many celebrities that are not good looking at all but are voted HOT like 85% of the time. The reason they are considered Hot or well Pretty, is just because they are Celebrities. If they were just a normal person and they were seen on the street, they wouldn't be thought about at all when they are seen.

The most recent 2 celebrities are Anna Paquin and Chloe Sevigny. They were voted hot like 85% of the time. They aren't ugly but I don't find them pretty at all. I wouldn't say ugly, I just don't know what the term would be for not good looking at all. It would maybe be "very barely ugly". If that's the term for it.

Honestly, if they were never celebrities and you saw them, you wouldn't think they were pretty at all. It's only because they are celebrities that they are thought to be very pretty or hot.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:49 AM
I've stared at your post for five minutes, trying to figure out how to respond.

All I can say is: Really? You're going to shame people for finding a celebrity hot because of something that's hypothetical? "If they weren't celebrities and you just saw them walking down the street, you wouldn't think they were attractive."

I still don't 'get' that. But I'm obviously of a weaker mind than you.

Why does it matter anyway?
Come to think of it, what the fuck do I know? Bah...Bah...

LOL @ your thread title, too.

Last edited by Tweek; 11-05-2008 at 02:52 AM..
Old 11-05-2008, 03:02 AM
It matters because posters only think that because they are celebrities and it is annoying. If they were just friends of the posters and were never celebrities, they wouldn't be considered hot at all, well especially Anna Paquin and Chloe Sevigny. Obviously there are some celebrities that are gorgeous but definitely not those 2. There are others that are in the same category as them and are also considered hot.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:14 AM
Nah.

There's people who get their looks ragged out ONLY because they are celebrities.

Here's a mind blower:

Posters usually only post opinions on celebrities looks, because we all only all know celebrities and if someone posted a picture of some chick they passed on the street and asked everyone to rate it, the thread would get closed for not being celebrity related.

Amazing!

In more mind blowing news, the only reason people say movies are awesome is because they are staring actors and actresses and made by directors and producers.

Your mind has been blown!
Old 11-05-2008, 03:15 AM
I'm just asking for posters opinions on it. No need to bash me or question me. Please just post what you think about that.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbp View Post
I'm just asking for posters opinions on it. No need to bash me or question me. Please just post what you think about that.
Well, when you come in, in one of your first posts on the forum and say that the schmoes are 'Usually wrong' about something that's the reaction you're going to get.

Anyway the post title is a ludicrous statement. If I think Chloe Sevigny is hot (which, incidentally, I certainly do) I can't possibly be wrong about that, because I'm stating a personal opinion. Honestly, who is anyone to come along and tell me 'your libido is responding incorrectly'. I think she's hot, you don't, great. Some people think that overinflated plastic talent void Jordan is hot, I struggle to hold on to my lunch when looking at her. Doesn't make anyone wrong, just different.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:34 AM
Ok, well in my opinion they are just wrong to me, in the way they have a different opinion than me. I just don't see how 85% of the posters on the Hot or Not poll could think Chloe Sevigny is hot, nor can I with you thinking that when she clearly isn't. All you have to do is look at her face. She is maybe just kind of decent looking.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaStrangelove View Post
Stop projecting your feelings on to us. Just stop it!

No! Use your "I feel..." statements.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:16 PM
Sevigny is average at best, but Paquin is a wicked hot babe...