Old 08-12-2010, 06:36 PM
BioShock: Infinite

I don't think I have any jizz left after watching that. As much as I liked BioShock 2, it's good to see the series back in the hands of Ken Levine, and using a new location is a very good idea. A floating city will still give you that sense of isolation that was so great about BioShock. 2012 can't come soon enough.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Wow, this has brought me back my interest into the series. I went through Bioshock 2 because of the story, but don't really have any inclination to go through it again. I'm really interested on what they are gonna do with this one.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Here's a really awesome article from Kotaku. It talks about the live demo they gave.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:34 PM
thanks for the link

I really, really loved the first game way back when. I was completely unimpressed with the trailers for the second. The idea of playing a big daddy seemed cold and uncompelling. I wasn't even aware that it wasn't the same creative team as the first, it just didn't look like a true sequel. One that takes risks and truly raises the bar.

This... this certainly does just that. I'm stoked to know it's the same creative team behind the first as well. I may give this one a whirl in two years.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Precisely what APzombie said.

Bioshock 2 bored me to tears and felt like a waste of time, even though I only borrowed it from a friend. This game, however, looks interesting. I would be lying if I didn't say I'm still a bit wary. Bioshock 2 made the Big Daddy idea tiring for me. Here's to hoping that Infinity really reinvigorates the story.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:54 PM
As far as I can tell, the only link that BioShock and BioShock Infinite have are the thematic elements; otherwise the game stands on its own as a story. It's kind of like how the Final Fantasy games are related.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:39 PM

oh lord! incredible
Old 09-22-2010, 07:41 AM
It's out in 2012 so the gameplay actually looking like that is a realistic possibility.

But 2012...so far away.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by Cosimo View Post

*rummages through closet for time machine*
Old 09-23-2010, 01:12 PM
Old 09-23-2010, 06:27 PM
Old 12-11-2012, 09:10 AM
Loved the first Bioshock, one of the few games I played to see the story rather than for the gameplay itself (it's damn good but a bit repetitive). Never played the second.

Recently played a demo of Infinite and, HOLY SHIT, this game is going to kick major ass. They have you on a floating city jumping around on rails, and the physics of the whole thing just blew my mind. I got severe motion sickness after playing for a few minutes, and I mean that in a good way; the camera is so fluid and hyperactive I was amazed they could actually do that in a game.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:30 PM
BioShock Infinite Launch Is Delayed Til March 26th

BioShock Infinite has been delayed an additional four weeks for some extra polish, Irrational Games' Creative Director, Ken Levine has announced at an event for the game today. Infinite had been scheduled to launch globally on February 26th, 2013, but it'll now surface a month later.

"Okay, guys, I have some bad news," said Levine. ‘When Rod [Fergusson, Epic's former Production Director] came on the project a couple of months ago – and this dude is living in a hotel nearby because he really wanted to work on Infinite – he really fell in love with the game. But he said, 'look, Ken, I really think the game would benefit from three or four more weeks'.

"I thought ahead to this conversation and went 'Oh God!'," Levine continued. "But at the end of the day, we've got to ship a great game. So if it's three or four more weeks, then it's three or four more weeks. So it's March 26th, now."

Announced in 2010, BioShock Infinite had been slated for a mid-October 2012 launch, before being pushed into February 2013 in a bid to make the game "into something even more extraordinary". It'll now be launching on March 26th, 2013. No doubt, it'll be worth the wait.

Source: X360A

other sources: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/...-delayed-again, http://www.gamespot.com/news/bioshoc...-again-6401224
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mi-imagen-de-Bioshock-Infinite-24504.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	11063  

Last edited by Ruly2; 12-11-2012 at 07:35 PM..
Old 01-18-2013, 08:59 PM
Still tossing around whether or not to get the limited edition or not, but one thing is for sure, I AM GETTING THIS! BioShock and BioShock 2 are two of my favorite games from this generation.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:55 PM
This looks like it could be really good, but I'm one of the few that just couldn't get into the first Bioshock. I loved the demo that I played, but when it came to playing the actual game itself, it just wasn't doing it for me. There was too much back tracking, the map was confusing, but the things that turned me off the most were the stasis pod save system and the vending machines. I fucking hated the vending machines.

Infinite looks like it is going to be that same kind of open world system, so I'm not sure I'll like it.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:50 PM
So the game unlocks tonight at midnight. Already got it preloaded on my PC and i'm freakin stoaked!

I took the day off work tomorrow so that i could get in on the goodness when it unlocks tonight. Also been playing the original Bioshock to get back into the gameplay mechanics.

Can't wait to zip around on the skyrails!