Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Horror Movie talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2010, 07:11 PM
What horror films are you watching to celebrate Halloween?

Here is what I plan to watch this month to celebrate Halloween, I wanted to try to watch 31 films in 31 days but with school and life being busy I won't have a chance.

(First watches)
The Ugly
Grace
The House Of The Devil
Triangle
Pieces
Black Christmas (Original)
My Bloody Valentine (Original)
Silent Night, Deadly Night
Frozen
Pontypool
Splice
Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter
Let Me In (Hopefully I can make it to see this)

(Rewatches)
Re-Animator
Let Sleeping Corpses Lie
Dawn Of The Dead (Original & Remake)
Evil Dead II: Dead By Dawn
The Descent (I need to give it another chance)
Dog Soldiers
An American Werewolf In London

Last edited by SuperMarcey; 10-01-2010 at 12:23 AM..
Old 09-30-2010, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMarcey View Post
Here is what I plan to watch this month to celebrate Halloween, I wanted to try to watch 31 films in 31 days but with school and life being busy I won't have a chance.
This is what I'm planning to do, as I did with my blog-a-thon last year. I already have my flicks lined up, which I plan to take on alphabetically. I'm finishing the month off by watching Rosemary's Baby on Halloween, having never seen it yet.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:45 AM
I have been sticking to the same every year; Raimi, Romero, Carpenter...any of the recent remakes I didn't hate.

But this year because of my budget (and tastes coincidentally) I'll be digging into the old, crusty, forgotten ones. I picked up a double feature with Carnival of Souls and Horror hotel. I also have The Last Man on Earth with The Last Woman on Earth.

Fortunately there's a plethora of bundled horror "classics" readily available. Has anyone bought the 4 Film Favorites of Dracula? That's one I might be getting for a good price.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:10 AM
THE UGLY is such a great film, thanks for reminding me it's in my collection I am going to re-watch it right now...

Old 10-01-2010, 10:22 AM
alot lol
Old 10-01-2010, 08:44 PM
I might start the viewing off tonight with either Frozen or The Ugly, or perhaps both.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000 View Post
THE UGLY is such a great film, thanks for reminding me it's in my collection I am going to re-watch it right now...

If this is the Kiwi movie then good choice. You may also want to catch Flatmates Wanted and Belief

Halloween night we got down with

Redd Inc - three degrees of awesomeness

[Rec] 3: Genesis - a bride with a chainsaw, hell yes!

The Devil Inside - not sure why this one has such a bad rep, the ending is abrupt but well conceived given the development of the plot lines.

Halloween - JC original, a must watch every Halloween

Trick 'N Treat - such good fun, reminds me of those old horror comics.

Seems Pirates and Zombies were the outfits of choice this year, plenty of treats given away (we did little bags of toys and chocs this year), and quite a few things left over to keep the team running through our movie marathon.

About to move to another Country, job requirement, hope they do Halloween there as well.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMarcey View Post

(First watches)
The Ugly
Grace
The House Of The Devil
Triangle
Pieces
Black Christmas (Original)
My Bloody Valentine (Original)
Silent Night, Deadly Night
Frozen
Pontypool
Splice
Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter
Let Me In (Hopefully I can make it to see this)

(Rewatches)
Re-Animator
Let Sleeping Corpses Lie
Dawn Of The Dead (Original & Remake)
Evil Dead II: Dead By Dawn
The Descent (I need to give it another chance)
Dog Soldiers
An American Werewolf In London
if i had to skip any of those movies in your list that I have seen it would be Triangle not Let Me In