Old 02-10-2011, 12:42 AM
Mass Effect 3

Reveal Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnEej1RfqTs

As if the first two games weren't enough to raise my anticipation for this sequel, it has now been confirmed that composer Clint Mansell(Requiem for a Dream) will score Mass Effect 3.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/114/1148848p1.html
Clint Mansell, composer of such classic motion picture scores as 'The Fountain' and 'Requiem For a Dream' dropped the news that he is writing the musical score for the last chapter in BioWare's epic Mass Effect trilogy in an interview with The Quietus about his latest film, 'Black Swan'.
The website Badass Digest picked up on the news of Mansell's involvement in Mass Effect 3, which saw the composer asked about whether he does much work for other outlets like computer games. Mansell responded by saying: "I'm doing a video game this year actually. Mass Effect 3".

Last edited by EVILxxx; 02-15-2011 at 02:09 AM..
Old 02-10-2011, 05:20 AM
yay for clint mansell on board! i did love the first then i played teh second in a dungeon on a kitchen tv which ruined the experience. i will play this one on big tv and i'm looking forward to it
Old 02-10-2011, 11:08 AM
I love the first two games. They're my favorite of all time. I know Bioware's not done with the universe, but seeing Shepard's saga come to an end is going to make this a bittersweet holiday season. I'm also a little haggard think that I've got two big RPGs (this and Skyrim) being released within a month of each other. Good god is that going to be a lot of game time.
Also, as far as Clint Mansell is concerned, I love Jack Wall's scores for the first two games and I hope the two are working in conjunction. Very cool to hear he's on board though. Better than just having someone like Hans Zimmer bang out The Rock 2.0 soundtrack.
Oh, and if Garrus, Grunt, Tali and Thane don't play a significant role in the game just because of ME2's possibilities, I will be beyond pissed. Garrus is my bromance buddy (and *ahem* more with my FemShep).
Old 02-10-2011, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden_208 View Post
I'm also a little haggard think that I've got two big RPGs (this and Skyrim) being released within a month of each other. Good god is that going to be a lot of game time.
Not an RPG, but Uncharted 3 comes out sometime in November too. I'm going to be spending money I don't have.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:25 PM
This game is making me want to masturbate furiously.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:41 PM
What's stopping you?
Old 02-11-2011, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCaptain4 View Post
Not an RPG, but Uncharted 3 comes out sometime in November too. I'm going to be spending money I don't have.
I haven't even got my PS3 to even play the first Uncharted, so I'm safe on that count. Hell, I might still be playing the crap out of Dragon Age II if I get as much out of it and the DLC as I did the first one by the time Skyrim comes out.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden_208 View Post
I haven't even got my PS3 to even play the first Uncharted, so I'm safe on that count. Hell, I might still be playing the crap out of Dragon Age II if I get as much out of it and the DLC as I did the first one by the time Skyrim comes out.
Funny enough, I still haven't beaten the first Dragon Age. I need to get on it, though, because Dragon Age II does look quite bonkers*.

*= in a good way.