Old 09-27-2011, 12:05 AM
Why Does Jennifer Aniston still have a career?

This is a rant a few years in the making... I'm sure that somebody has made a rant about this before, but here goes: Why? Ever since "Friends" ended (and even during) Aniston has been trying and failing to break into making movies and many years later she is still trying. Time and time again bomb after bomb and she still prevails as a bankable Hollywood star. Why? Most actors/actresses, even some legendary one can't get away with 3 or more flops before being called washed up. (Sadly Robert De Niro, Samuel L. Jackson and Al Pacino are slowly fading)

Rupert Everett bluntly stated this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Everett
"OK, something will go wrong, like Jennifer Aniston will have one too many total flops, but she's still a member of that club. And she will still manage to ... like a star forming in the universe, things will swirl around her and it will suddenly solidify into another vital tasteless rom-com, a little glitter next to the Crab Nebula," he added.
And for some reason he gets attack for having sour grapes... For What!?! Her should be DEAD! There isn't a single movie in her filmography that shows either her talent or her viability as a box office draw. (Granted I like Office Space but not for her)

It appears to me that the entertainment media namely tabloid(which is probably the real target of my rant) for some reason are trying to keep her career afloat. Most recently the tabloids attack Brad Pitt for saying this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Pitt
"It became very clear to me that I was intent on trying to find a movie about an interesting life, but I wasn't living an interesting life myself," Pitt told Parade.

"I think that my marriage (to Aniston) had something to do with it. Trying to pretend the marriage was something that it wasn't,"
Such a non-issue blown completely out of proportion for what? Man do I hate tabloids. I think I ran out of steam.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:25 PM
I hate Anniston as much as I hate Julia Roberts and Anne Hathaway. I think all 3 are un-talented, over-rated fucking fugly cunts that need to just fuck OFF and die!

That's just me though.

Can't understand any of their appeal.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:14 PM
Julia Roberts was great in Charlie Wilson's War.

Anne Hathaway was great in Rachel Getting Married.

Jennifer Aniston was great in The Good Girl and Friends With Money, but she needs to do better movies. She doesn't need the money, so I know she can go and do smaller films with better roles.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:20 PM
ANiston is one of the hottest woman alive in my opinion. Plus if you don't like her movies, I have to ask if you have seen Horrible Bosses yet, because that is the farthest thing from an Aniston movie as you can get and it is a great performance.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:10 PM
Aniston and Sarah Jessica Parker, the two supposed queens of the rom-com, even though neither come across as romantic or comedic.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:35 PM
I love Jennifer Anniston. And can't stand Julia Roberts. But Anne Hathaway is ok by me.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail_Blazer View Post
I hate Anniston as much as I hate Julia Roberts and Anne Hathaway. I think all 3 are un-talented, over-rated fucking fugly cunts that need to just fuck OFF and die!

That's just me though.

Well l have to say that l like all three actresses and they are very talented but l do think that all three go for simalar roles instead of taking a chance of trying something with a litle bit more grit to futher there careers

When you see there films you know at the end of the film in whatt will happen and that can be abit off putting
Old 09-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post

That's just me though.

Oh, I beat myself to it.

I'd like to add Horsey-faced Sarah Jessica Parker to that list as well!
Old 09-30-2012, 02:12 PM
Jaw2929 did you get turned down by girls that look like these four? Sounding bitter there
Old 09-30-2012, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
Jaw2929 did you get turned down by girls that look like these four? Sounding bitter there
Nope.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
Nope.
OK then. I think Roberts has some talents. Mostly they were when she was younger and all in her lips, but she did do some very entertaining movies.

Hathaway was a great cat woman and she is also entertaining. Some talent

I can't stand my little pony. Her talent is all other bitchy ass spoiled women like her.