Old 10-02-2011, 08:22 PM
Freindships You wished That you Had kept Over The years

Okay l was wanting to start a thread on freindships to see who have kept in contact and who have not

I had this bestfreind during primary school and highschool and you see we did everything together but lost contact over time but only around five years ago l was having coffee in a cafe and my best freind walked in

We sat and talked about the goodtimes and what we were doing now

She told me that she had cancer and that she was in remission
The cancer she had was in the breast she had that removed and when l saw her last she had just finished her chemo

She was waering a wig to hide her bald head

Anyway she said she was in remission and you see l was able to obtain her email address and we kept in contact for around two years and then lost contact again

I thought she was doing well until a freind saw me walking along the main street of my hometown

She told me about my bestfreind and asked me if l knew that she had died

Well know one told until today and it was a huge shock to know that the cancer had returned

I wish l had not let her go and l wish in hell l had stayed in contact

This woman had four children and we dont have a clue on where they went

I will be viisiting her mum and dad in the next couple of days since the live just around the corner from me

i wish they had let me know
So like l said have you kept in contact with freinds from your childhood or have you let them go
Old 10-02-2011, 10:49 PM
What about if THEY let YOU go? Intentionally.

Not too great of a fucking friend after all, eh?

Fuck 'em.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:09 AM
I had several friends in high school that I haven't seen since we graduated. I have no clue if they have moved elsewhere or not. I did get one postcard from a freind's family saying that his younger sister got married. That was a few years ago.

I'm sorry about your friend Bondgirl. I had a friend from childhood who had heart problems and he ended up dying. We went to his funeral.

I had another friend from grade school I hung out with and just a few years ago I found out he killed himself. That was really shocking.

I've made some mistakes and hung out with people I probably shouldn't have and there have been people that I should have stayed in touch with.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:10 AM
I've had many friends who I had horrible, unapologetic falling outs with. I can't say, though that i haven't kept them through the years as they are mostly either buried in my backyard or in the cellar deep freezer.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
I've had many friends who I had horrible, unapologetic falling outs with. I can't say, though that i haven't kept them through the years as they are mostly either buried in my backyard or in the cellar deep freezer.
Nice.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:41 PM
what are friends?
Old 10-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchbox225 View Post
I had several friends in high school that I haven't seen since we graduated. I have no clue if they have moved elsewhere or not. I did get one postcard from a freind's family saying that his younger sister got married. That was a few years ago.

I'm sorry about your friend Bondgirl. I had a friend from childhood who had heart problems and he ended up dying. We went to his funeral.

I had another friend from grade school I hung out with and just a few years ago I found out he killed himself. That was really shocking.

I've made some mistakes and hung out with people I probably shouldn't have and there have been people that I should have stayed in touch with.

Well after l was told about wha hadt happened to my best freind l just didnt want to beleive it

i started to remember all the good times we had together we did everything together

I just didnt think she would go like this she had so much energy and she lived life to the fullest

I only live around the corner from her parents and l would like to go there and talk about things but l am not sure if they could cope at talking abou there daughter

The freind l was talking to yesterday was another freind who was close to me and she was in tears as she was telling me l didnt know waht to do or how to cope at that moment

I was telling my prats about waht had happened and they were shocked too

i went hosre riding with this girl and even to the exstent of having to buy her first bra because she was to scared she was only 13 then

We used to play tennis in the backyard and when we were older we used to go to the nightclubs together and serch out boys

We would always be at each others houses as kids until we were grown up

Like l said we did everything we were like sisters that is how close we were

I can not beleive no one told me until a couple of monthes later

She was living on the Gold coast in Queensland and l took a few trips up there when she was in remission
You see it has made me look back at our time together and l just think at least l have the memorys of this sweet best freind
Old 10-03-2011, 09:30 PM
Well one thing l can say is that l have bumped into alot of freinds too and it is amzing how much we change over the years

One time l bumped into a bloke and he loooked down and said my name he then said dont you remember me
I said l wouldnt have a clue who he was until he told me his name

There was also a bloke who si a taxi driver in my local area and he said he knew me l looked at him and thought l wouldnt have a clue who you are

Anyway he said his name and said he was one of my brothers freinds and l got a shock of my life

You see l used to have a crush on him and years later it makes me laugh at that thought
Old 10-03-2011, 09:32 PM
Ok everyone, gather round, it's time for a virtual hug over the interweb!
Old 10-03-2011, 02:36 AM
I've definitely had friends that I've lost track of. Fortunately I've made contact and found them on facebook. One of the reasons why I love FB and will always defend it against it's detractors. It really is a great way of getting back in touch with people you haven't seen in years.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:50 AM
The girl next door I grew up with felt more like a sister to me but we sort of lost touch with each other before high school. Bumped into her once or twice years later and it turns out she looks almost exactly like Natalie Wood.