Old 10-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Homeland

Did anyone else catch the pilot?

Very impressive. It's easy for shows to get lost in the shuffle, but I really feel that more people should try this one out. Claire Danes and Damien Lewis were very strong in this opening episode, and I think they both have the chops to do well at carrying this show.

If anyone else misses Rubicon and is looking for a political thriller to follow, give it a shot. Or maybe if you're just looking for a good show to watch. I'm interested to see where it goes.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Been I'm hearing a lot of good things ("Pilot" got an A from theAvClub). I'll give it a shot...

Old 10-03-2011, 03:59 PM
Saw the pilot a week ago. Loved it. This is definitely one of the most promising new shows of the season. Of course I knew it would be since it comes from Howard Gordon who is awesome.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:35 PM
First ep was awesome. Grabbed from the first minute and never let me go. Definitely less of a slow-burn than Rubicon heh.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Just got around to watching the premiere today and I absolutely loved it. While it can't fill the chasm Breaking Bad has left, it'll hold me over in that Sunday night time slot.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:09 PM
Thought the pilot was solid, but wasn't over the moon. Dialogue still a little too exposition heavy.

However, I would've watched this a lot sooner if you told me ol' girl from Firefly shows her bewbs.

And she grew her hair back out, thank the Heavens!
Old 09-07-2012, 12:05 AM
Season 2 doesn't debut until Sept 30 but I have a announcement for you guys that may peak your interest.

Tomorrow in NYC at 6:30 is the live Homeland Premiere event. It's going to be live streamed on www.AfterTheCut.com

Showtime reached out. Will have more details and links in the morning.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:15 AM
I wonder why this show is so unpopular here? it's fucking great.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:44 PM
I would elaborate but I've got enough people mad at me as it is.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:39 PM
You know, I was heavy, HEAVY into this show and I never watched the finale. I STILL haven't watched the damn thing
Old 09-08-2012, 01:28 AM
This is an awesome show and I can't wait for next season! One of the few season openers I'm eagerly anticipating!

Homeland Season 2 Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh_TPjZJCRc
Old 10-08-2012, 06:01 PM
got damn
Old 10-09-2012, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
got damn

Indeed...God damn
Old 10-09-2012, 04:57 AM
The season premiere was good but not great. However, last night's episode was PHENOMENAL!!! I was practically on the edge of my seat for the entire episode. And very cool ending.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:53 AM
Good episode, GREAT ending! I can't freaking wait for next week's episode now that everybody is starting to find out about Brody!
Old 10-15-2012, 05:22 PM
This should make for some exciting and suspenseful TV in the next few weeks. Good stuff. Really loving the series
Old 11-14-2012, 12:23 AM
Spoiler:
I'm most likely way off but I'll say it anyway, Brody is playing them all with the double agent aspect. Oh and Dana is annoying. Can't tell whether it's writer's intention or that girl is just playing the character this way, or both - in which case, good writing AND acting
Old 11-19-2012, 06:15 PM
Oh man, another intense moment. This season has a lot more home runs with the suspense than the first. That entire night roadside sequence gave me goosebumps. And not bad acting from Dana at the end at all.

"Nicholas"

shit's getting good.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:07 PM
I haven't seen this week's episode yet but I just wanted to say just how amazing Damian Lewis has been this season! That scene when he talks to Carrie in the woods after being with one guy who said he was just like him and was backing the VP because he's looking to back Brody 4 years later, I actually felt for Brody. Just brilliant acting by Lewis in this episode and this season as a whole.