Old 10-05-2011, 03:43 PM
Let's Talk 2012: Most Highly Anticipated Movies?

I just made my own personal top 10 for hottest movies I want to see in 2012. Might not surprise you, given my profile pic, what my number one is - but there are a LOT of great ones coming. I know we're not out of 2011 by any stretch, but I'm thinking ahead. Personally I'd rank The Hunger Games above The Avengers on this list of the most anticipated 2012 films:

http://www.ranker.com/list/most-anti...012-films/lons

but that's just me. I'm a super fan. I'm totally biased. Curious about what others are thinking, hoping to see the most, etc. Is Dark Knight Rises the runaway favorite, hands down?
Old 10-06-2011, 02:31 AM

1.The Avengers-I'm a huge fan of marvel comics movies and comic book movies in general and i'm just dying to see this team of kick ass superheroes get together and,well kick ass,looks epic as hell judging by the trailer that was shown after "captain america",can't wait till may.

2.The Amazing spider-man-Like i said big marvel fan plus the original spider-man happens to be my favorite movie,i just wish this wasn't a damn reboot,but whatever it's freakin spider-man.

3.Ghost Rider 2-I'm judging it by that kick ass trailer that came out a few months ago,plus i'm one of the few people who loved the first ghost rider,and oh yeah it's freakin marvel,marvel rules,fyi i'm not a nerd.

4.The Dark Knight Rises-I prefer marvel to dc as you can tell and after the disaster that was green lantern i have a hard time trusting dc again,but i loved the dark knight,just not as much as everybody else in the joblo,imdb forums but it's a comic book movie so it should be great.

5.Men In Black 3-Will smith's back,nuff said.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:07 AM
Prometheus
The Avengers
Dark Knight Rises
Underworld 4
Ghostrider 2
Riddick 3
Bourne Legacy
Haywire
Judge Dredd
World War Z
Men In Black 3
Old 10-06-2011, 04:03 AM
1. The Master - Huge fan of PTA. gonna be another excellent film i'm sure.
2. Django Unchained - I'm a huge fan of Tarantino as well. I'd see anything he made. He doesn't quite make films the way he used to, but i've adapted to the new style and enjoy it.

That's about it for now.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:49 PM
1. The Avengers (dir: Joss Whedon)
2. The Dark Knight Rises (dir: Christopher Nolan)
3. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (dir: Peter Jackson)
4. Django Unchained (dir: Quentin Tarantino)
5. Lincoln (dir: Steven Spielberg)
6. The Amazing Spider-Man (dir: Marc Webb)
7. Brave (dir: Mark Andrews)
8. The Dictator (dir: Larry Charles)
9. Star Trek 2 (dir: J.J. Abrams)
10. Hotel Transylvania (dir: Genndy Tartakovsky)

Last edited by magjournal; 10-08-2011 at 10:43 AM..
Old 10-06-2011, 03:34 PM
The Master
Cogan's Trade
Django Unchained
The Dark Knight Rises
Moonrise Kingdom
Lincoln
The Wettest County In The World
Gangster Squad
Seven Psychopaths
Argo
The Five-Year Engagement
This is 40
Smashed

Not yet looking forward to The Avengers or The Hobbit, the trailers were underwhelming, and I have yet to give any of the Marvel films over a 7 in the past few years.

Last edited by Hucksta G; 02-19-2012 at 06:40 PM..
Old 10-08-2011, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathw1shzero View Post
1.The Avengers-I'm a huge fan of marvel comics movies and comic book movies in general and i'm just dying to see this team of kick ass superheroes get together and,well kick ass,looks epic as hell judging by the trailer that was shown after "captain america",can't wait till may.

2.The Amazing spider-man-Like i said big marvel fan plus the original spider-man happens to be my favorite movie,i just wish this wasn't a damn reboot,but whatever it's freakin spider-man.

3.Ghost Rider 2-I'm judging it by that kick ass trailer that came out a few months ago,plus i'm one of the few people who loved the first ghost rider,and oh yeah it's freakin marvel,marvel rules,fyi i'm not a nerd.

4.The Dark Knight Rises-I prefer marvel to dc as you can tell and after the disaster that was green lantern i have a hard time trusting dc again,but i loved the dark knight,just not as much as everybody else in the joblo,imdb forums but it's a comic book movie so it should be great.

5.Men In Black 3-Will smith's back,nuff said.
Hell YES, I'm the exact same way but after Avengers I'm just not sold on the other two Marvel character efforts. To me, Ghost Rider was so bad that they really need to win me back but I'm certainly going to give it a shot. I also so loved the Raimi Spider-Man trilogy that I'm having a very hard time cutting this unnecessary rights retaining reboot any slack. Again, I'll give it a fair shot but I'm not all fired up for it like I have been for other Marvel projects.

To me it's Avengers and then Dark Knight and then a HUGE fall off for everything else. HUGE...
Old 10-08-2011, 10:38 AM
1. Prometheus
2. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
3. Cogan's Trade
4. The Master
5. Brave
6. The Dark Knight Rises
7. The Avengers
8. Lincoln
9. Django Unchained
10. Gravity
11. Bond 23
12. The Hunger Games
13. The Amazing Spider-Man
14. The Cabin in the Woods
15. Looper

I'm sure there are many "smaller" films that will come to my attention down the line that I will end up anticipating more than many of these big budget films.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:05 AM
1. The Master

The rest in no particular order:

Untitled Terrence Malick
Cogan's Trade
The Dark Knight Rises
Lincoln
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
Life of Pi
Gravity
The Great Gatsby
Django Unchained
The Place Beyond the Pines
Moonrise Kingdom
Looper

...and a slew of others. It looks like 2012 is going to be a true auteur's year in the same way that 2007 was.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:39 PM
$$$$$$ PRIO VIEWS 2012 $$$$$$
Dark Shadows - 5/11
The Dark Knight Rises - 7/20
The Avengers - 5/4
The Amazing Spider-Man - 7/3
007 Skyfall - 11/9
Wrath of the Titans - 3/30
Halloween 3D - 10/26
The Three Stooges - 4/13
Ghost Rider:Spirit of Vengeance - 2/17
Hotel Transylvania - 9/21
Red Dawn - 11/2
Retro Collectors - ?

---THE BOOTED into 2013------>
The Lone Ranger
Oz,The Great and Powerful
Superman:Man of Steel
Star Trek 2
Ghostbusters III
Jeepers Creepers 3:Cathedral

Last edited by Dr.Frankenstein; 11-27-2011 at 09:49 PM..
Old 02-19-2012, 04:21 AM
ALL HORROR, ALL THE TIME!

DARK SHADOWS
PROMETHEUS
THE RAVEN
THE INNKEEPERS
THE AWAKENING
JEEPERS CREEPERS 3
Old 02-19-2012, 12:08 PM

1. The Dark Knight Rises (Easily the most anticipated. I can't wait to see how Nolan ends this)

2. Only God Forgives (Refn is filming this right now so lets hope they can get a 2012 release. Drive was hands down my favorite film of 2011 and I've been really impressed with Refn's versatility when it comes to his direction. Very intrigued to what he has up his sleeve with this one. Gosling involved in Thai boxing, sounds fuckin crazy)

3. Looper (this could be the sleeper hit of the year and I'm glad its supposedly hard R)

4. Cogan's Trade (loved Jesse James so I can't wait to see Domink's follow up film. Plus its got Mr Pitt lookin all badass. Sign me up)

5. Savages (I liked the book. Let's hope Stone returns his edge with this one)

6. Django Unchained (its Tarantino)

7. The Bourne Legacy (many folks are dogging this film as just a cash in but the trailer and especially the cast have me sold. I want to see how Gilroy expands this franchise)

8. Prometheus (Ridley Scott doing sci fi again...yes sir!)

9. The Master (most looking forward to seeing Joaquin acting again. I've always been a huge fan)

10. The Avengers (wasn't excited about it until I saw the full trailer. Looks like it could be a blast at the theater)

11. Gravity (its been six years since Cuaron's last film, which imo was one of the best films of the past decade. I'm hoping he has something up his sleeve with this one as well)

Last edited by echo_bravo; 02-19-2012 at 12:13 PM..
Old 02-19-2012, 03:01 PM
The Cabin in the Woods
The Avengers
The Dark Knight Rises
Old 02-19-2012, 11:13 PM
There are so many movies I can't wait to see this year. I'll try and keep this to a top 15

The Dark Knight Rises
The Avengers
Prometheus
Django Unchained
Looper
The Man with the Iron Fists
World War Z
SkyFall
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Men in Back 3
Total Recall
American Reunion