#1  
Old 11-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Is Sam Worthington the next Kevin Costner?

He has been compared to Kevin Costner as i heard from some people.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-09-2011, 05:47 PM
That's not very nice. What's Costner ever done to you?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-09-2011, 06:38 PM
LOL in all fairness Worthington did a pretty capable job in The Debt.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-09-2011, 07:33 PM
I don't see the comparison. Sam Worthington doesn't have any charisma once so ever, he is very boring to watch. Kevin Costner definitely has a coolness an charm about him even if a lot of his movies do suck.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Sam Worthington bores me.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-09-2011, 10:41 PM
No doubt you people judge his abilities on rubbish like clash of the titans, avatar and terminator salvation instead of a movie where he's required to act; unfortunately they happen to be small australian movies and you probably won't watch them. He is charismatic, unfortunately he hasn't chosen any good movies to be a part of since his careers taken off and he hasn't had to play any actual characters. No doubt if he was american no one would give a flying fuck because there are so many untalented uncharacteristic american action stars out there who can't act well when even the 'right role' comes their way.

Would like to hear what people think of his actual acting abilities i.e. somersault, dirty deeds or getting square.

Last edited by overwatch; 11-09-2011 at 10:44 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-09-2011, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overwatch View Post
unfortunately he hasn't chosen any good movies to be a part of since his careers taken off

I'd recommend The Debt, if you haven't seen it.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-09-2011, 11:44 PM
I don't think Costner is a bad actor, but he was usually outshined by the other actors in his movies. I haven't seen enough of Sam Worthington's movies, but can anybody tell me if that's the case with him.

This reminds me of something funny though. Last year there was a video with actors talking about their favorite performances from the past decade.

Guess who Sam Worthington picked?

Eddie Murphy in The Nutty Professor. I'm assuming he was talking about the first one, which wasn't even a film from the 2000's. That made me laugh.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-10-2011, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overwatch View Post
No doubt you people judge his abilities on rubbish like clash of the titans, avatar and terminator salvation instead of a movie where he's required to act; unfortunately they happen to be small australian movies and you probably won't watch them. He is charismatic, unfortunately he hasn't chosen any good movies to be a part of since his careers taken off and he hasn't had to play any actual characters. No doubt if he was american no one would give a flying fuck because there are so many untalented uncharacteristic american action stars out there who can't act well when even the 'right role' comes their way.

Would like to hear what people think of his actual acting abilities i.e. somersault, dirty deeds or getting square.
Avatar, Clash of the Titans, and Terminator: Salvation being bigger movies means that he's not "required to act". I don't buy that. I give a flying fuck about good acting, be the actor Australian, American, or whatever nationality.

And you're actually saying that people on this board wouldn't watch smaller, independent movies?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-10-2011, 04:43 AM
He's required to act, but as horrible blockbuster movies he hasn't been given a good role or character for his skills.
We don't say Daniel Craig is a bad actor because of his performance in Cowboys and Aliens, Brad Pitt because of Troy or even Christian Bale as a very lackluster John Connor in Terminator Salvation (i thought worthington was better than bale, imagine that), because these people have other performances where we can see they have talent as does worthington, it just so happens no-one who judges him has seen his other movies movies.

I'm saying as smaller Australian movies, people are just not going to have either seen them already, or have easy access to them.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-10-2011, 01:47 AM
Costner is a one-note actor...a one-trick pony if you will. He's not that great of an actor.

Worthington is a one-note actor...a one-trick pony if you will. He's not that great of an actor.


By that rationale, I would say, yes, Worthington is the next Costner.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-10-2011, 04:59 PM
Who are these 'some people'?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-14-2011, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoPanFan View Post
He has been compared to Kevin Costner as i heard from some people.
No... Costner did have a good career from about 1985-1993. He was good as Mr. Brooks. It sort of fit his personality though.

Sam Worthington.. He is only in Hollywood for looks I'm guessing. He's bland.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-26-2012, 06:01 PM
Sam Worthington is one of the worst actors who gets major film roles in the history of cinema. The guy expresses nearly no emotions at all....his face is practically expressionless throughout the movie. His voice drones like he is reciting the dictionary. How does he still get major film roles?!?! He has NO presence/charisma either. I actually think he is a worse actor than Keanu Reeves.

If the guy could do martial arts, perhaps I could watch him in a few movies.

Watch the movie Last Night...you can't possibly tell me this guy is an average or above average actor. How about Avatar? HAHAH! How did the critics completely ignore his terrible performance in virtually every scene?!?!?! It's one of the great mysteries...that and who really killed JFK.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump