Old 11-24-2011, 12:59 PM
happy thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody. I hope everyone has nice day of food,movies,spending time with their families, and football

So what are you doing for turkey day. I'm going to a church for my meal and hopefully catch the muppets. I hope packers win. It's going to be tough.
Old 11-25-2011, 02:22 AM
I don't watch football, I hate football to be honest. I didn't eat turkey (as I can't stand it) or any traditional thanksgiving food. I had ham/cheese sandwiches, Frito's/dip and coke. I watched a marathon of "Lockdown" on MSNBC along with "Lady Hoggers" on A&E. Spent a few hours tonight with my brother, and enjoyed his company.

But same to you athf1980 and all others on here as well - hope you hadda good one.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:19 AM
Happy Belated Turkey Day!

I became one with the bird.
Was good all around
Hope everyone else's Gobble Gobble day rocked.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:23 AM
Nothing special, really.

I plan on just eating some turkey & then stuffing it.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyCelestial View Post
Nothing special, really.

I plan on just eating some turkey & then stuffing it.
Oh wait,
that's what I plan on doing to my girlfriend.
With the turkey, it will be the other way around.

Sorry.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail_Blazer View Post
I don't watch football, I hate football to be honest. I didn't eat turkey (as I can't stand it) or any traditional thanksgiving food. I had ham/cheese sandwiches, Frito's/dip and coke. I watched a marathon of "Lockdown" on MSNBC along with "Lady Hoggers" on A&E. Spent a few hours tonight with my brother, and enjoyed his company.

But same to you athf1980 and all others on here as well - hope you hadda good one.
Sounds like a nice time. Just because one doesn't celebrate in the traditional way doesn't mean that it isn't still valid. I would actually prefer what you did well over the archetypical Thanksgiving traditions.

I had a nice time with family, although it is a bit different around these parts with my grandmother passed (she would always host the Thanksgiving dinner). I'm not a fan of the Thanksgiving foods, but it was good for what it was. I actually enjoy doing dishes, so I was glad to take on that responsibility. This is the fifth year anniversary of the date which I began writing my first novel, so it was sentimental from that alone.

Oh, and football sucks. I didn't watch it.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisoGenie View Post
Sounds like a nice time. Just because one doesn't celebrate in the traditional way doesn't mean that it isn't still valid. I would actually prefer what you did well over the archetypical Thanksgiving traditions.

I had a nice time with family, although it is a bit different around these parts with my grandmother passed (she would always host the Thanksgiving dinner). I'm not a fan of the Thanksgiving foods, but it was good for what it was. I actually enjoy doing dishes, so I was glad to take on that responsibility. This is the fifth year anniversary of the date which I began writing my first novel, so it was sentimental from that alone.

Oh, and football sucks. I didn't watch it.
Thanks Genie, it's good to know people can understand there's some out there that just don't do the typical holiday routines. Sorry to hear bout your grandma, I know how that is. And yes, football does TRULY suck!