Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Celeb Talk/Gossip
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2012, 05:28 AM
Mel Gibsonís $425 Million Divorce Settlement sets Hollywood World Record Mel Gibsonís

Mel Gibson has broken a new world record and no itís not for being the most insane celebrity. As of today his divorce to wife Robyn Moore has been officially finalized after two years of proceedings and now heís set the new record for ďmost expensive Hollywood divorceĒ ever by cutting her a check for a cool $425 million!

Both 55, Mel Gibson and Robyn Moore had been married for 30 years. They have 7 kids and no pre-nup. So now that their divorce settlement has been finalized, Ms. Moore is entitled to half his massive fortune, from acting, directing, producing and investing. Sheís also entitled to half of Gibsonís future earnings and has already received two houses totalling 22 million.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:19 AM
How the hell does Mel have that friggin much money??
Old 01-05-2012, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieBuff07 View Post
Old 01-05-2012, 09:45 AM
California's divorce laws are pretty f'd up in their a b c s.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieBuff07 View Post
Seriously!!!! That's what I was wondering. He must be in the top 5 richest actors, if not THE richest actor. He must have had some SWEEEET profit sharing on his movies.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:42 PM
So . . . uh . . . she's single, right?
Old 01-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
So . . . uh . . . she's single, right?

Umm Robyn is proberly around the 50yr old mark or abit older

But these days men do go for the old couger woman

Well Mel Gibson never beleived in the conceptive pill so that is why he had so many children also it is to do with his religion
Old 01-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper.bradley71@yahoo.com View Post
Ms. Moore is entitled to half his massive fortune, from acting, directing, producing and investing. She’s also entitled to half of Gibson’s future earnings and has already received two houses totalling 22 million.
$425 million + 1/2 of all future earnings? Holy fuck ... I'm moving to Hollywood for the sole purpose of marrying a rich, old actress who doesn't care about prenuptial agreements.

I wonder how utterly pissed off Mel is at having to dish out this outrageous settlement.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:25 PM
I still think that Mel Gibson was so stupid leaving his first wife as you can see look what he is losing 425 million

All that money because he wanted a younger woman to play with and look what happened to her

Like l said he should have gone for help regarding his drinking and other problems and he wouldnt be going through this and l can tell you he would have been happier
Old 01-05-2012, 10:39 PM
I dont care if they've been married that long. She shouldn't have been given that much money, That's way too much for one person (her). I hate how he did all the work, and now she reaps the profit. I dont ever recall her being in front of the camera working for all that money. And I dont give a rat's ass if she's entitled to it. She is not worth it. And if that's not bad enough, she gets half of all Mel's future earnings. Stupid bitch. Fuck off already. You have enough for 500 families that size already. I just want Mel to make more contraversial films. I couldn't give a hoot is he drinks and smokes, and has a bad attitude. He is an awesome director and actor. I have always loved his work. Mel rocks. Fuck the nay-sayers. Meh.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Of cause his exwife deseaved all of this money

This woman had six or is it seven children to this bloke and she had to put up with alot of his drunk behaviour and other crap

I am glad she went for his hip pocket he never cared about her in the end all he thought about was his dick and not his brain

Also bringing up these children would cost alot with schooling and other things to keep the home running smoothly

You have to know that the price of living is getting worse so you cater for that too

I wouldnt call Mel gibson exwife a bitch l think she has used her brain and got something out of it

I applaud women like this
Old 01-05-2012, 11:20 PM
She's not worth $425 million as far as I'm concerned. All their children will end up with it anyways.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
And I dont give a rat's ass if she's entitled to it. She is not worth it.
Law is supposed to be objective, not subjective. Whatever her perceived value as a human being may be shouldn't even figure into the discussion here.

This seems to be more of a woman problem than a fundamental objection to divorce laws. If there were a role reversal here, and Mrs. Gibson was the one that fucked up and started hemorrhaging money, nobody would give a shit.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:21 PM
She definitely deserves a large amount of money because she was with him for so long and had all his kids but damn...half??? No way.

Divorce laws are bullshit and the guy usually ends up gettin fucked in the end. My advice? Dont get married fellas.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:19 PM

Last edited by SS-Block; 05-09-2015 at 04:15 PM..
Old 01-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Well l think it is alright to earn alot of money but l do think that you have to becareful on what you want in relationships and be careful who you meet alot of young womken will jump on a man with money because they know in one way they will not have to struggle

There is alot of women and men who see someone with alot of money and they just go for that instead of love
That is where this type of thing can wreck a marrige we have tot hink past how much we have and think of other things in life besides cash