Old 02-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Breaking Bad, Season 5

An official start date has yet to be set, but Breaking Bad is slated to return this summer. Vince Gilligan and co. have been in the writing room fleshing out, what is said to be the final season of the series, for the past 3 months. The season shall consist of 16 episodes and it still unclear on whether or not they may be splitting the season in half a la season 6 of The Sopranos. Time will tell...

Also, here's a small casting rumor coming from reddit. Take with the usual grain of salt (Warning: Very minimal potential spoiler): http://www.reddit.com/r/breakingbad/..._been_cast_in/

All other news regarding season 5 will go here. However, any posts regarding previous season, please include spoilers as we'd hate to deter potential new viewers. Thanks again and can't wait to enjoy the ride with you all again this year...

For those who have yet to start watching this amazing series, first of all, what the fuck is the matter with you? And second of all you, you can currently watch the first three seasons on Netflix Watch Instantly.

Also, as usual, here's the link to my wikia, which has so many contributors these days, I can barely manage it. If anyone would like to made an admin thee, send me a message here or there: www.breakingbad.wikia.com

P.S. I still might make a soundtrack for season 4, I've just been super lazy.

Last edited by Smiert Spionam; 05-20-2012 at 11:54 AM..
Old 02-10-2012, 09:35 AM
I'm ready Smiert, tell those production guys to hurry up.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:33 AM
I hope there's no split. Eight episodes is too short
Old 02-10-2012, 11:45 AM
My stepdaughter watches a lot of Malcolm in the Middle and it cracks me up seeing Bryan Cranston in that role. Can't believe it's the same actor. I would never have thought Cranston had something as outright brilliant as his performances in Breaking Bad within him. Which isn't to say anything bad about his performance in Malcolm in the Middle. He was great in that. It's just that he's operating on a level I would never have thought him capable of in Breaking Bad.

Spoiler:
Season five cannot come soon enough. The only thing I will say is that the death of Gus has left a huge void in the show that's going to be difficult to fill. But i'm confident they will pull it off and then some.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPhoenix View Post
I hope there's no split. Eight episodes is too short
Yeah...i'm really not keen on the idea of a split. It's bad enough waiting between seasons. Fuck...the wait between episodes is unbearable. Sixteen consecutive episodes of Breaking Bad sounds like TV nirvana to me.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:57 AM
I'm not a fan of them splitting the seasons either. It's just gonna prolong the end that we all want to see, and it'll make it feel like two different seasons in a way. They may even release them in two different DVD/Bluray box sets (like they did with the Sopranos.)

However, the good part of it is that the show will come back on the air sooner if they split the season up since they only have eight episodes to write and film at a time. Otherwise, they wouldn't bring the show back until all sixteen were completed.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Being overseas I'll have to wait for the dvd to come out
yeah.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:17 PM
I can't wait for my favorite show to come back on either... In the mean time, here are some awesome paintings that a pair of artists have done in honor of the show:

You can find more by Cara and Louie here: http://paintingsontheside.tumblr.com/

They do excellent work! Check it out. Here's another that looks neat:

Old 08-24-2012, 08:21 PM
I gotta say, I motherfucking love, Love, LOVE Cranston this season, and how sublime and subtle the writing is for him this season. What I mean is; it's those quick, simple moments where Walt lets his ego slip, and then immediately covers it up by "We..." or "Us..." It's been apparent throughout the series, but this time around it's really showing, and I love that.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDFAYRtrYuk
Old 08-26-2012, 10:05 PM
Oh dear.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:07 PM
Saw it coming, but still...and all...
Old 08-26-2012, 10:11 PM
My favorite pre-credit opening yet. And once again, this show does not cease to blow me away.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid Vicious View Post
Saw it coming, but still...and all...
Same. Knew it was gonna happen. Posted about it after the 2nd episode I think. But I was a bit surprised by HOW it happened. I wonder if Walt's remorse was legit or not. No reason to lie at that point, right? I kinda figured he would be more cold-blooded about it.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
I gotta say, I motherfucking love, Love, LOVE Cranston this season, and how sublime and subtle the writing is for him this season. What I mean is; it's those quick, simple moments where Walt lets his ego slip, and then immediately covers it up by "We..." or "Us..." It's been apparent throughout the series, but this time around it's really showing, and I love that.
I definitely think Cranston has been doing the best work he's ever been doing this season.

In past seasons, I've always thought as great as Cranston is, there were other actors I was rooting for to win the Emmy (Hugh Laurie, Matthew Fox among others). Heck, this year I'm rooting for Damien Lewis to win over Cranston even though I don't think it will happen. But this time next year, I'll probably be rooting for Cranston to win actually. Well, maybe Timothy Olyphant as well since I love that guy on Justified.

This has been, by far, the best season of Breaking Bad, period.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:30 AM
I posted paragraphs the other day about why Walter's cool, and then this happens. Goddamnit.

Spoiler:
Like Mr. Hyde and Darth both said, it wasn't that it happened, it was how it happened. From a purely practical perspective shooting Mike made no sense, and Walter's greatest quality (imo) has been his practicality. His pragmatism. Tonight's exchange between him and Jesse about the dead kid was a perfect (maybe THE perfect) illustration of that. I believe Walter was being legit when he talked about how much he regrets that death and all the others they've caused, and I also believe that his logic-first way of dealing is really the most sensible. Approaching emotional matters from a rational standpoint has been his MO most of the time (except for family shit like Beneke), and even when he's almost out of his mind with fear over Gus his higher reasoning prevails. Until tonight. I can't really see what purpose shooting Mike served, or how it made Walter's situation any better than if Mike had just taken his go-bag and disappeared to parts unknown. A dead Mike certainly wouldn't have given him the names, even without his Lydia realization. In fact, he made it worse for himself since now he's gonna have to get rid of the body and how will he do that anyway? Dissolve him in a drum? What's he gonna do with the drum? I won't be surprised if Todd plays a part in that next week.

Anyway, Walter acting solely out of anger to this degree is counter to all the things I like about him. I guess you could say I'm disappointed in him, especially since this particular prideful snit equaled the death of a character I dug. When Mike has to turn and leave his granddaughter by herself in the park I felt incredibly sad for him, but that was nothing compared to the end. What a stupid way for such an awesome character to die. I don't mean that in terms of the show's decision, I mean in-universe. As long as that guy's been around and as much as he's seen, as close as he's come to death, and he bites it because Walter can't handle a little criticism. It makes me angry at Walt because for the first time there's really no defending him. All his other heinous actions have had at least the pretense of justifiability, but not this one.

As far as Mike's criticism of him being on point, I disagree. When Half Measures started out Gus and Walter were on the same page. Walter was hunky dory with his role in things, and Gus showed a great amount of respect for him and vice versa. It was only after Walter saved his partner and Gus then set out to kill him that Walt started drawing his plans against Gus. So Mike's whole "we had a good thing going" bit sort of overlooks the fact that part of that good thing wanted Walter dead.

All that aside, I'm gonna miss the hell out of Mike. There were some other standout moments, like Jesse's incredibly loaded expression during Walter's tirade about how he'll go back to using, but obviously everything else is overshadowed by Mike for now. I'm still a little stunned.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:05 AM
I LOVED:

Spoiler:
"Say my name."

"You're Heisenberg?"

"You're god damn right I am."

And

After Walt shoots Mike, "I just realized I can get the names from Lydia."
Old 08-12-2013, 12:59 PM
I don't think the cartel is after Walt...

Spoiler:
I think it's gonna come down to Lydia
Old 09-28-2013, 10:31 PM
Heh, finally someone has done it.

Spoiler:
Old 09-29-2013, 09:55 AM
Gosh.

I can't believe today is the day. Mixed emotions.
Old 09-29-2013, 12:45 PM
Yeah, I had my own little mini-marathon at home, watching favorites like "Grilled", "ABQ", "Fly", and "Crawl Space" through "Face Off". I still maintain seasons 2 and 4 are my faves.

Anyone else doing any BB rewatching today?
Old 09-29-2013, 02:15 PM
Watching the Breaking Bad marathon on AMC currently, and have intermittently throughout the week they've had it on too.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:15 PM
I'm so nervously excited. Can't wait to get home today. I hope the friend I watch it with will have time to see it today. I want to finish the series with a fellow BrBa fan!