Old 02-13-2012, 08:30 AM
'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (2011; 3/20) Fully Detailed

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has formally announced The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo starring Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara will released on March 20 on Blu-ray and DVD. The Blu-ray edition will be a three-disc set that includes the DVD and an UltraViolet digital copy. Bonus features and cover art have been added below.

Features are outlined below...

Blu-ray

* 1080P 2.40:1 Widescreen
* English and French (Canadian) 5.1 DTS-HD MA
* English Dolby Surround
* English Audio Description Track
* Subtitles: English, English SDH, French, Arabic, Hebrew, Hindi, Spanish
* Audio Commentary with director David Fincher
* Dig deep inside the Vanger archives with nearly 4 hours of immersive behind-the-scenes footage including interviews, rehearsals, screen tests and more

DVD

* Anamorphic Widescreen
* English and French (Canadian) DD5.1
* English Dolby Surround
* English Audio Description Track
* Subtitles: English, English SDH, French, Spanish
* Audio Commentary with director David Fincher

http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Update...over-Art/10198
http://film.thedigitalfix.com/conten...-in-march.html

Last edited by Ruly2; 02-13-2012 at 08:47 AM..
Old 02-13-2012, 08:47 AM
That's quite a few special features. I'm always disappointed nowadays when a film comes with two or three discs only for one to be the "Ultraviolet" or digital copies. I'd much prefer a full disc of special features, personally. This film is definitely worth the purchase for me, though.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:27 PM
Im glad we are getting that 4 hours of documentary stuff... I was not going to buy the disc when it was released because it was originally announced to have only a commentary, and I barely ever listen to commentary's (The South Park season sets being the only exception). But with over 4 hours of Behind the Scenes, I will def make the purchase.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:22 PM
some great stuff but what is a UltraViolet digital copy?? what makes it different from a normal digital copy?
Old 02-15-2012, 05:09 AM
Ultraviolet Digital Copies are terrible.

Basically they create a whole new program on yor computer for these Ultraviolet copies, and they can only be viewed on specific mediums. I.E basically only on your computer or some sort of iPhone or iPad or device like that.

Old school Digital Copies were good cuz you could just download it, and throw it into a folder that YOU create and put it on to any device that displays video (I dont have an iPhone, and i still use my old school 80 gig iPod, so I can not put these Ultraviolets onto my iPod)

Its just a way to further segregate these mediums to make sure that you MUST watch things through this particular medium.

Not a fan... wish they could just find a format and stick with it for a substantial period of time.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:05 PM
Cant wait to snag this up!