Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Celeb Talk/Gossip
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2012, 09:32 PM
Kirk Cameron: Homosexuality Is "Detrimental and Destructive"

http://www.eonline.com/news/kirk_cam...imental/298546

Quote:
So much for that lovable Mike Seaver rep.

In a sit-down on Piers Morgan Tonight that aired Friday, former Growing Pains star Kirk Cameron blasted gay marriage and homosexuality calling it "destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization."

And that was just the beginning.

When the 41-year-old outspoken "born-again Christian" was asked about his thoughts on gays tying the knot, Cameron said, "Marriage is almost as old as dirt, and it was defined in the Garden between Adam and Eve. One man, one woman for life till death do you part. So I would never attempt to try to redefine marriage. And I don't think anyone else should either."

"So do I support the idea of gay marriage? No, I don't."

And when asked if he thought homosexuality was a sin, Cameron went on to say, "I think that it's unnatural. I think that it's detrimental, and ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization."

But, that wasn't all.

Morgan continued to discuss the topic with the father of six, asking Cameron what he would say to one of his sons if he told him he was gay.

And Cameron admitted he wouldn't be so accepting.

"I wouldn't say 'That's great, son, as long as you're happy.' I'm going to say, There are all sorts of issues we need to wrestle through in our life. Just because you feel one way doesn't mean we should act on everything we feel."

Following the interview, Cameron's comments ignited a firestorm with gay rights groups like GLAAD, which launched a campaign against the former teen idol, encouraging its members to sign a petition against him to let him know he's "no longer their idol."

"In this interview, Kirk Cameron sounds even more dated than his 1980s TV character," said Herndon Graddick, Senior Director of Programs at GLAAD.

"Cameron is out of step with a growing majority of Americans … with an increasing number of states recognizing marriage equality, Americans are seeing that marriage is about committed couples who want to make a lifelong promise to take care of and be responsible for each other and that gay and lesbian couples need equal security and legal protections. That's not ‘redefining' anything."

Last edited by Matchbox225; 03-05-2012 at 09:34 PM..
Old 03-05-2012, 09:43 PM
That motherfucker's had a cock in his mouth and/or ass. Guaranteed.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Kirk Cameron: loser

Pretty sure ancient Greece was considered very gay, and it gave birth to modern democracy. So, yeah, very detrimental.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Mr. Crocoduck is right on the money. Homosexuality is so detrimental to society. I mean, just look at the...um...

Hmm...

You know, the thing with the...uh...

Well, what about the...uh...y'know...the, the...

Alright, I'll get back to you on this one...
Old 03-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Religion is "Detrimental and Destructive"

Fixed.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:12 AM
Funny how this guy is being bashed for following his religion. So much for freedom of speech and freedom of religion. I am in no way a fan of Kirk Cameron but he was not being rude or ugly about his beliefs, just stating how he feels on the situation.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
That motherfucker's had a cock in his mouth and/or ass. Guaranteed.

I was going to say "thou doth protest too much" but you stated the obvious much better! He's definitely experienced male sexual interactions at least in his youth & like Scientology and two other more famous actors I won't mention, he's being brainwashed by religion into living a straight life! Kirk is repulsed b/c he enjoyed it immensely! I wonder if he & Leo got it on during Growing Pains? Now that's one sex tape I'd love to get my hands on!
Old 03-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Following the interview, Cameron's comments ignited a firestorm with gay rights groups like GLAAD, which launched a campaign against the former teen idol, encouraging its members to sign a petition against him to let him know he's "no longer their idol."
Lol why him for an idol? haha I envision blindfolded gay people, infront them a list with the names of b-list tv stars, "i'll take....that one.....omg I got....ewwwww...let me try again......i'll taaaake......that one.....omg yay I got Kirk, he's my new idol, so luvs him, he's so dreamy. He's got a cute little ass. I wanna rub it down with baby oil and fuck that asss. Mmmmm then Kirk'll do me, and the we can tell everyone ". Then Kirk Cameron wakes up in a sweat and with a chubby. It was just a dream. Cuddling his bible for comfort, he makes a mental note to tell Piers Morgan how evil they are.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:53 PM
I'll bet anything good old Kirk Cameron has been taking a cock up the ass for ages. He's definitely the receiver type. His turd cutter has been taking a pounding ever since the Growing Pains days, believe you me!

I'm not religious at all. In fact I'm rather hostile toward religion (funny since I went to a catholic school for ten years). I don't impose my believes on anyone and I don't have a problem with religious people in general if they keep that shit to themselves. But....
tt's harmful, simple as that. Not only is it the cause of pretty much every major conflict in history, but it weakens and limits peoples world view and forces them to feel a certain way when they may not have otherwise if some ass backwards believe system wasn't drilled into their heads. I know people burdened by their believe. Burdened to feel guilty about things that are perfectly natural simply because it "goes against the bible." Burdened to repress natural, human desires and development because some preacher says its wrong to do "this" and "that". Burdened to believe they'll go to HELL and BURN forever if they don't thump that bible. It's conditioning. That's all it is. I wish people had the free will to challenge the crap that's drilled into their skulls, but a good majority of them don't, because they're afraid to and it's sad.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:02 AM
It really is funny...

how people are branding this as hate speech. Hate speech incites violence, I didn't see him saying "kill all the...etc". Yes he is entitled to his opinion, and you to yours, but accusing him of being homosexual is libel, please stop. So the guy doesn't like homosexuals, so what. I don't like the flamboyant ones, dude, you're a dude, be a dude. I love lesbians, esp ugly ones, they leave more hot chicks for the rest of us guys. I love Gay dudes, they are good looking fellas, they make good looking girls accept average guys more. I get uncomfortable with gay dudes making lewd comments, but i guess that's how chicks feel when we make lewd comments about them, that's ok i guess. Legally, marriage is defined as "the union of one man and one woman to the exclusion of all others for life", so yeah, gay marriage is wrong, legally and i'm against it, until they change the definition to "one person to another person", then I'll be fine with it. Hell, I'll welcome it, then they'll probably feel as miserable as the straight couples, and the more we have in common the faster people's ideals will change.
Without some sort of moral code civilization would have been worse off, so the morality of the day is necessary, back then (ad312ish) the moral politic was embrace Christianity, the empire will survive. Today its embrace homosexuality, lets get tolerant, i'm for that, then we'll be able to call dumb ass straight people fags, and that would be awesome. Because calling people bundles of sticks or cigarettes is so much fun. Tomorrow (after we all start accepting gays) the moral politic will be suicide and the right to die, and hey we'll all jump on that band wagon, because the arguments would be co compelling. And the day after that it would be postpartum or late term abortions (meaning you could legally kill your kids after birth). And by then, good ole KC here would be able to kill his gay kid and we'd have to watch, because we didn't draw a line somewhere. Don't be a suicide club, don't like homosexuality, because what we need is more kids, right?
Hahahaha, I just trolled everyone, good luck tearing me a new one, because i dont really give a shit what you think, because i am entitled to my opinion.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muveadict2 View Post
how people are branding this as hate speech. Hate speech incites violence, I didn't see him saying "kill all the...etc". Yes he is entitled to his opinion, and you to yours, but accusing him of being homosexual is libel, please stop. So the guy doesn't like homosexuals, so what. I don't like the flamboyant ones, dude, you're a dude, be a dude. I love lesbians, esp ugly ones, they leave more hot chicks for the rest of us guys. I love Gay dudes, they are good looking fellas, they make good looking girls accept average guys more. I get uncomfortable with gay dudes making lewd comments, but i guess that's how chicks feel when we make lewd comments about them, that's ok i guess. Legally, marriage is defined as "the union of one man and one woman to the exclusion of all others for life", so yeah, gay marriage is wrong, legally and i'm against it, until they change the definition to "one person to another person", then I'll be fine with it. Hell, I'll welcome it, then they'll probably feel as miserable as the straight couples, and the more we have in common the faster people's ideals will change.
Without some sort of moral code civilization would have been worse off, so the morality of the day is necessary, back then (ad312ish) the moral politic was embrace Christianity, the empire will survive. Today its embrace homosexuality, lets get tolerant, i'm for that, then we'll be able to call dumb ass straight people fags, and that would be awesome. Because calling people bundles of sticks or cigarettes is so much fun. Tomorrow (after we all start accepting gays) the moral politic will be suicide and the right to die, and hey we'll all jump on that band wagon, because the arguments would be co compelling. And the day after that it would be postpartum or late term abortions (meaning you could legally kill your kids after birth). And by then, good ole KC here would be able to kill his gay kid and we'd have to watch, because we didn't draw a line somewhere. Don't be a suicide club, don't like homosexuality, because what we need is more kids, right?
Hahahaha, I just trolled everyone, good luck tearing me a new one, because i dont really give a shit what you think, because i am entitled to my opinion.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:19 AM
Who let the 10 year olds post on this forum?
Old 03-28-2012, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vong View Post
Who let the 10 year olds post on this forum?
Hmph, I've been posting here for years!