Old 03-08-2012, 09:32 AM
Mudvayne and Korn

Any Mudvayne fans in here?

I bought LD 5.0 when it first came out, had a few listens, enjoyed a couple of the songs, then kinda stuffed it away. I've revisited it lately and find it absolutely mind-blowing, so know I've got all the albums and I'm on a mad Mudvayne high at the moment.

What about Korn fans? I'm currently rocking The Path of Totality at the moment. Loving the dub-step/metal mix. Strange direction for a metal band to take, but at least they're not getting stagnant. :-)
Old 03-08-2012, 09:44 AM
I loved MuDvAyNe up until Lost and Found and then stopped.
I still listen to LD 50 and The End of All Things To Come

Similarly, I liked Korn up until their Issues album.
I still listen to their stuff up to then.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:15 PM
I haven't really heard any Mudvayne since Lost & Found as well. But I def enjoyed them.

as for Korn, I'm one of the weird ones who doesnt really like their early stuff, their first 2 albums or so, and then in the middle, they made GREAT records, up until i think Take A Look In The Mirror, and then after that they dropped off again! I say I'm weird for that because I know most people hold the first 2 albums as classics, and after that they turned to shit. I think the first 2 are good, but around i think Issues was when they hit their stride in my opinion. But their last few albums have been real lackluster.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:57 PM
Like Mudvayne and enjoyed Korn up until after Issues.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:28 AM
mudvayne is acquired listening and korn is just pop rock. aside from blind their music and ideas sound old and out dated. they also lost some of their hipness when their guitarist left.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
I haven't really heard any Mudvayne since Lost & Found as well. But I def enjoyed them.

as for Korn, I'm one of the weird ones who doesnt really like their early stuff, their first 2 albums or so, and then in the middle, they made GREAT records, up until i think Take A Look In The Mirror, and then after that they dropped off again! I say I'm weird for that because I know most people hold the first 2 albums as classics, and after that they turned to shit. I think the first 2 are good, but around i think Issues was when they hit their stride in my opinion. But their last few albums have been real lackluster.
I'm with you, I think they really hit their stride with Follow the Leader and Issues. I enjoyed Untouchables and their most recent records, but I think Korn III has been their best record since Issues.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriel1980 View Post
I'm with you, I think they really hit their stride with Follow the Leader and Issues. I enjoyed Untouchables and their most recent records, but I think Korn III has been their best record since Issues.
Oh ya? I may have to give it a listen then. MTV never plays music videos and I am not a radio listener (in my car I always have cd's) so I have to search out the new music. And in that, I dont think I heard any of their new cd, had just given up on them really!
Old 03-09-2012, 10:15 PM
Fuck korn.

I love Mudvayne though, awesome fucking band.