Old 03-15-2012, 07:00 PM
Coming soon! A trailer...

Alright, I'll make this short and sweet. Enough of this teaser for a trailer bullshit! Have people's attention spans diminished that much that studios need to hype up the trailers so people will actually watch them? Here's an idea; JUST RELEASE THE FUCKING THING!

And no, I don't need to be notified 10 days in advance that you're releasing a damn trailer, just surprise me!
Old 03-15-2012, 07:20 PM
I hear ya, man. It is frustrating at best.

But you know what? In defense of the upcoming Prometheus, I like the teasers and promos for the film. I like the fact that we are made to suffer by waiting and waiting. But once again, in the case of Prometheus, I personally think it's a great idea. This film had three teasers just for the first teaser trailer. Now the second and full trailer is due this weekend, we have promos by some of the cast, and for me, I think it's awesome. This is one of my 5 most anticipated film for 2012. I want to see this movie so bad that I can literally taste the Xenomorph acid on my tongue. But once again, I think that the marketing for this film has been up until this point, excellent. But then again, that's just my opinion.

Overall, I understand where you're coming from.

Last edited by God of War; 03-15-2012 at 08:01 PM..
Old 03-15-2012, 07:57 PM
I agree with this, it's bullshit. Only rarely does it really work, and even then I feel like it would've just made more fucking sense to show the whole god damned thing to begin with.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:21 PM
I guess in the context of Prometheus it sort of works, at least maybe it did with the first trailer. I think the success of those clips was actually has to do with Ridley Scott's commentary and the snippets of behind the scenes footage that made it in to each preview. The promotional teaser for the 2nd Prometheus trailer was not quite so successful, seeing as it just showed a small dose of what we'll be seeing in the full trailer. I would rather they just hold off with showing anything if the only footage they have to reveal is from the actual trailer. Either show the full trailer, or nothing at all! Unless of course they want to pepper us with some more Ridley Scott narration and some behind the scenes shots of the sets, (that's acceptable promotional material, IMO).
Old 03-16-2012, 08:55 AM
I have totally gone to movies that I have little interest in to see the trailer or teaser of a movie coming out. I love trailers. I have had many nights when I forgot which movie I was about to see because of the trailers or was more excited to see the movies in the trailers than the one I am there to see.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
I have totally gone to movies that I have little interest in to see the trailer or teaser of a movie coming out. I love trailers. I have had many nights when I forgot which movie I was about to see because of the trailers or was more excited to see the movies in the trailers than the one I am there to see.
I have no problem with that because that's something that's been occurring in theaters for a long time; studios will attach previews for upcoming releases onto the prints of a newly released film. They usually let you know that it will be attached a couple of days in advance and that's fine too. What I can't stand is this new approach to trailers where people are hyping up not the film, but the actual trailer to the film! And yes, i know the end result ultimately achieves more hype for a film, but the concept is ridiculous nonetheless.

COMING SOON! IN JUST TEN DAYS! THE PREVIEW TO THE MOVIE YOU SO BADLY WANT TO SEE! WHY DON'T WE JUST RELEASE IT NOW? BECAUSE WE WANT TO STIR YOU INTO A FRENZY OVER THIS DAMN THING! STAY TUNED AND WE'LL EVEN RELEASE A PREVIEW TO THE PREVIEW OF THE FILM! AND MAYBE...WE'LL EVEN RELEASE A PREVIEW TO THE PREVIEW OF THE PREVIEW!!!