Old 04-29-2012, 08:33 PM
Is anybody getting sick of Betty White?

I get it, she's one of the oldest performers in Hollywood. But she just seems to be everywhere and it's getting really annoying. She wins almost every best actress award for comedy (which to me isn't fair) and has so many different shows on the networks. Don't get me wrong, I think BW is great (in some areas) but now it's just pissing me off. It's like Joan Rivers...

except I hate Joan Rivers....

and her daughter.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Being 120 years old* and still managing to be hip to the 18-34 demographic is pretty much a win in my book. Not saying that all her projects are gold ( actually most of them suck ) but judging on her performance alone , she put some younger actress to shame.

* not her real age
Old 04-29-2012, 11:14 PM
I don't think people really think she's hip. It's like some kind of extended punchline that never ends. I don't think any of the love she's been getting from young people for the past few years is genuine.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
I don't think people really think she's hip. It's like some kind of extended punchline that never ends. I don't think any of the love she's been getting from young people for the past few years is genuine.
I think you're probably right on this. It's bizarre and a waste really. Something I don't get, and probably never will.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:13 AM
I think she's funny and I've enjoyed her work over the years but its TOTAL overexposure as she's the "surviving" Golden Girl and "she's such a grey haired spitfire, let's plug her into everything we possibly can".

I think her being cast in "The Expendables 2" is too much.
Enough.
Too much is too much.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyRazor View Post
I think her being cast in "The Expendables 2" is too much.
Enough.
Too much is too much.
You gotta be fucking kidding me. I did not hear this.