Quote:
Originally Posted by Flimmaker1473 View Post
Brad Pitt
Edward Norton
Bill Murray
Jim Carey (not even a nomination)
John Cusack (no nominations too)
Samuel L Jackson
What performances should they have got the award for? Not one of them has put in a performance that was the best for that year?
Old 07-10-2012, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post
What performances should they have got the award for? Not one of them has put in a performance that was the best for that year?
Not any film in particular. Just feel like these actors should have won one for a role they have portrayed already.

Add Tom Cruise to that list
Old 07-10-2012, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flimmaker1473 View Post
Not any film in particular. Just feel like these actors should have won one for a role they have portrayed already.

Add Tom Cruise to that list
That makes no sence, Brad Pitt was great and nominated for 12 Monkeys, but was he better than Kevin Spacey that year, nope.

All the actors have had great performances but none of them should have Accademy Awards but don't
Old 07-10-2012, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post
That makes no sence, Brad Pitt was great and nominated for 12 Monkeys, but was he better than Kevin Spacey that year, nope.

All the actors have had great performances but none of them should have Accademy Awards but don't
How does it make no sense? These are actors that I feel should already have an Academy Award but don't.

If you weren't going to contribute you shouldn't have responded.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:05 AM
Tom Cruise should have won for his performance in Born on the Fourth of July.

Samuel L. Jackson should have won for Pulp Fiction.

Edward Norton should have won for American History X.

Bill Murray should have won for Lost in Translation.

Not sure about Jim Carey. He was great in truman show but that was the same year as American History X. He was also amazing in Man on the Moon but Kevin Spacey actually deserved his oscar for American Beauty. Likewise, Brad Pitt has given several outstanding performances but I can think of someone I liked even better in all of those years.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:58 PM
Ellen Burstyn - she has won an oscar but she should have one for Requiem for a Dream.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetEnLow View Post
Ellen Burstyn - she has won an oscar but she should have one for Requiem for a Dream.
This. A million times over.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:54 PM
If we're going for actors who should have won again, then I submit Burt Lancaster for Atlantic City. I love Henry Fonda to death and he was the best thing about On Golden Pond, which is a movie I like, but he didn't deserve it.

Kirk Douglas also should have won the Oscar for either The Bad And The Beautiful or Lust For Life. At least he got his honorary one.

Somebody mentioned Kate Hudson earlier, but I'm probably one of the few schmoes who was thrilled that Marcia Gay Harden won.

Last edited by Matchbox225; 07-15-2012 at 08:58 PM..
Old 07-15-2012, 09:43 PM
Here's one no one's mentioned...Woody Harrelson. The People vs. Larry Flynt and The Messenger.

Also, Nick Castle.