Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Upcoming Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2012, 10:10 PM
Official X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Thread (May 23, 2014)

From Simon Kinberg at SDCC

Quote:
X-Men: First Class Sequel quotes:

“I wish I could tell you about it, but literally, it’s like the most guarded state secret I’ve ever been around. I can tell you that it’s going really well, and I can tell you that I’ve been working closely with Matthew Vaughn and Jane Goldman on the script of the movie and that we hope to be shooting in Spring of next year to come out in July of 2014 and that I’m really excited about it, because the only thing I can say, because I have to be extraordinarily vague about it, because the last time I talked to anybody about it, I got in trouble…big trouble…what I can tell you is [that] it’s extraordinarily ambitious. It is unlike the other X-Men movies and yet very much a celebration of the X-Men movies.”

“I don’t know enough of what he [Vaughn] has or hasn’t talked about. I can tell you it’s been a very fluid process in the sense of we really went into it, Matthew, Jane and myself, just wanting to create a movie that was as…I’m very proud of First Class…as dramatic as that movie, I think it is as dramatic as that movie, but more epic, mythic in a way as well. So, there are ideas that we’ve started with that haven’t survived, there are ideas that we started with from conversations we had from making First Class that are going to be in the sequel. So, it’s vague but…”

“It’s one of those movies that, because it’s such a big deal for the studio, they have some sense of what it is that we’re writing and they are ambitious about the movie, too. I don’t know what the budget’s going to be, we’ve got to finish the script before we have a budget, but I would assume that it is a bigger movie than the last in physical scope, and that we have the license to do that because of the success of First Class. And because I think Fox has had success with interesting movies in the last couple of years in the genre, like Planet of the Apes was a really good movie, Chronicle was a cool movie, First Class, they’re just narratively or creatively a little bit more ambitious. So they’ve encouraged us to do that with the sequel.”

Last edited by SkyNet; 10-31-2013 at 03:10 PM..
Old 08-02-2012, 12:24 AM
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/08/01...of-future-past

Singer confirms it!

My personal favorite X-Men story of all-time. Use both casts and stick to the source material this time around and they'll have a movie that can actually rival the greatness of Avengers.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:38 AM
While not my favorite X-Men story (I prefer Dark Phoenix, Age of Apocalypse, and X-tinction Agenda) I think it lends itself to a movie better than any of those.

X-Men was always my favorite American comic, so I'm really excited for this. I think First Class and X2 are both as good as any other comic book movie. In the pantheon with Avengers, Spiderman 2, and Nolan's work. This should be a blast.

Just wonder what mutants are going to be in it. First Class, as much as I loved it, had some questionable choices for its roster (and that's being kind).
Old 08-02-2012, 02:39 AM
I always like the Operation Zero Tolerance story, too.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:29 AM
Oh. Fuck. YES!!!!!

This could fix all the bullshit of that god awful third film. Wipe it from existence.

First Class was a fantastic movie, and one of the best comic book movies out there. Days of Future Past is one of my favorite X-Men stories. Everything about this movie has me excited as hell! This has just became my most anticipated film.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:12 AM
So Wolverine is in this one? I wonder how they will do this.