Werewolf: The Beast Among Us (10/9) Full Press Release
From Universal Studios Home Entertainment: Werewolf: The Beast Among Us Unrated
An All-New Action-Packed Thriller Celebrates Universal's Legacy of Horror & Suspense, Universal's Newest Monster Movie Debuts Exclusively on Blu-*ray™ Combo Pack Including DVD, Digital Copy & UltraViolet™ on October 9, 2012.
UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., July 25, 2012 -- /PRNewswire/ -- A terrifying creature stalks the residents of a small town as a band of skilled hunters tries desperately to stop the killing in Werewolf: The Beast Among Us, an all-new, action-packed thriller debuting exclusively on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, DVD and Digital Download on October 9, 2012. Blu-ray 's high-definition picture and perfect hi-def 5.1 surround sound provide the ultimate showcase to experience the film's heart-pumping suspense and chilling terror. Werewolf: The Beast Among Us comes to Blu-ray™ and DVD loaded with bonus features including behind-the-scenes footage, exclusive documentaries and filmmaker commentaries.
The Blu-ray™ Combo Pack includes a Blu-ray™, DVD and a Digital Copy of the film compatible with iPhone®, iTunes®, iPad®, iPod®, iPod® touch, Android™ and online retailer partners as well as UltraViolet™. UltraViolet™ is the revolutionary new way for consumers to collect movies and TV shows in the cloud to instantly stream and download to TVs, computers, tablets and smartphones. Consumers can now truly enjoy their movies anytime, anywhere on the platform of their choice from Universal Studios Home Entertainment.
As it celebrates its 100th Anniversary, Universal Studios begins a new chapter in its storied history as a horror innovator with an exhilarating reinvention of the enduring mythology of the werewolf. Louis Morneau (Joy Ride II, Hitcher II: I've Been Waiting) directs an impressive cast including Academy Award® nominee Stephen Rea (V for Vendetta, The Crying Game, Underworld: Awakening), two-time Golden Globe® nominee Steven Bauer (Scarface, Primal Fear, "Breaking Bad"), Ed Quinn ("True Blood," "Eureka"), Nia Peeples ("Pretty Little Liars," "Walker Texas, Ranger"), Guy Wilson (Almost Kings, Little Black Book), Adam Croasdell ("Supernatural," "East Enders") and Rachel DiPillo ("Law & Order," "The Gates"). A production of Universal 1440 Entertainment, a production entity of Universal Studios Home Entertainment, Werewolf: The Beast Among Us is produced by Mike Elliott (The Devils Rejects, Smokin' Aces 2) and written by Michael Tabb and Louis Morneau & Catherine Cyran.
Bonus Features on Blu-ray™and DVD
* Unrated Version of the Movie
* Deleted Scenes
* "Making the Monster" – From the internationally recognized cast to the Eastern European locations of Romania and Transylvania, this featurette will take viewers into the heart of Werewolf: The Beast Among Us and reveal what goes into making a monster movie.
* "Transformation: Man To Beast" – Revealing behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with director Louis Morneau, producer Mike Elliott, production designer David Hirschfield and makeup SFX designer Paul Hyatt show viewers how the monster in Werewolf: The Beast Among Us was brought to life using a mix of computer-generated graphics and practical makeup.
* "Monster Legacy" – Starting with the 1941 classic, The Wolf Man, werewolves have played an important part in horror films and monster movies for the last 70 years. Director Louis Morneau and producer Mike Elliott look back at some of the most influential monster films in cinema history and discuss how working for Roger Corman gave them the perfect foundation to make Werewolf: The Beast Among Us.
* Feature Commentary with Director Louis Morneau and Producer Mike Elliott
Bonus Features Exclusive to Blu-ray™
* UltraViolet™: The revolutionary new way for consumers to collect movies and TV shows, store them in the cloud, and instantly stream and download to TVs, computers, tablets and smartphones. Consumers can now truly enjoy their movies anytime, anywhere on the platform of their choice. Currently available in the United States only.
* Digital Copy: Viewers can redeem a digital version of the full-length movie from a choice of retail partners to watch on an array of electronics and portable devices including computers, iPad®, iPhone®, iPod™ touch, Android™ and more!
* pocket BLU™ App: The popular free pocket BLU™ app for smartphones is now even better with newly updated versions for iPad®, Android™ tablets, PC and Macintosh computers, with features made especially to take advantage of the devices' larger screens and high resolution displays.
o Advanced Remote Control: A sleek, elegant new way to operate your Blu-ray™ player. Users can navigate through menus, playback and BD-Live™ functions with ease.
o Video Timeline: Users can easily bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in the film.
o Mobile-To-Go: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray™ discs to save to their device or to stream from anywhere there is a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy content on the go, anytime, anywhere.
o Browse Titles: Users will have access to a complete list of pocket BLU™-enabled titles available and coming to Blu-ray™. They can view free previews and see what additional content is available to unlock on their device.
o Keyboard: Entering data is fast and easy with your device's intuitive keyboard.
* BD-LIVE™: Access the BD-Live™ Center through your Internet-connected player to access the latest trailers, exclusive content and more!
A monstrous creature terrorizes a 19th Century European village by moonlight and a young man struggles to protect his loved ones from an unspeakable scourge in Werewolf: The Beast Among Us, Universal Studios' all-new addition to its time-honored legacy of classic monsters. During his studies with the local doctor (Stephen Rea), Daniel (Guy Wilson) witnesses the horrific consequences of werewolf attacks. Watching as the beast's fearsome reputation draws bounty hunters, thrill seekers and charlatans to the tiny town, Daniel dreams of destroying the ruthless predator. So when a mysterious stranger (Ed Quinn) and his team of skilled werewolf hunters (Stephen Bauer, Adam Croasdell) arrive to pursue the monster, he offers to join them, despite his mother's (Nia Peeples) protests. But it soon becomes clear that this creature is stronger, smarter and more dangerous than anything they have faced before. As casualties mount and villagers see their neighbors transformed into ravening monsters, the townsfolk take up arms against each other to find the true identity of the werewolf. Amid the hysteria, Daniel begins to suspect he's closer to his target than he ever dreamed.
FILMMAKERS Cast: Ed Quinn, Stephen Rea, Guy Wilson, Nia Peeples, Rachel Katherine DiPillo, Adam Croasdell and Steven Bauer Directed By: Louis Morneau Screenplay By: Michael Tabb and Louis Morneau & Catherine Cyran Story By: Michael Tabb Produced By: Mike Elliott Written By: Louis Morneau, Michael Tabb, Catherine Cyran Edited By: Mike Jackson Director of Photography: Philip Robertson Production Designer: David Hirschfield Music By: Michael Wandmacher
TECHNICAL INFORMATION BLU-RAY™ Street Date: October 9th, 2012 Copyright: 2012 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved. Selection Numbers: 63119832 (US), 63122441(Canada) Running Time: 1 Hour 33 Mins. (Rated)/1 Hour 34 Mins (Unrated) Layers: BD-50 Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 1.78:1 Rating: R (for bloody violence and grizzly images throughout)/Unrated Technical Info: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1/Dolby Digital 2.0, Spanish DTS Digital Surround 5.1, French N/A Subtitles: English SDH, French and Spanish
TECHNICAL INFORMATION DVD Street Date: October 9th, 2012 Copyright: 2012 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved. Selection Numbers: 63119837 (US), 63122480 (Canada) Running Time: 1 Hour 33 Mins. (Rated)/1 Hour 34 Mins (Unrated) Layers: Dual Layer Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1 Rating: R (for bloody violence and grizzly images throughout)/Unrated Technical Info: English Dolby Digital 5.1/2.0, Spanish Dolby Dolby 5.1, French N/A Subtitles: English SDH, French and Spanish
About Universal Studios Home Entertainment In honor of its Centennial anniversary, Universal Pictures proudly salutes 100 years of unforgettable films that have entertained audiences and touched the hearts of millions around the globe. In celebration of its first 100 years, Universal Studios Home Entertainment is proud to present a selection of its many beloved movies as part of an extensive year-long program that underscores the studio's rich cinematic history and indelible cultural impact.
Universal Studios Home Entertainment is a unit of Universal Pictures, a division of Universal Studios (www.universalstudios.com). Universal Studios is a part of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group and world-renowned theme parks. Comcast Corporation owns a controlling 51% interest in NBCUniversal, with GE holding a 49% stake.
cover comes from: http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/31...tills-and-art/