Old 09-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Michael Clarke Duncan Dead At 54

Quote:
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Michael Clarke Duncan has died, the "Green Mile" actor's fiancee told the Associated Press. He was 54.

His publicist released a statement from his fiancee Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth, saying the actor died Monday morning in a Los Angeles hospital after nearly two months of treatment in response to a heart attack July 13.

Duncan is best known for his performance in the 1999 prison drama "The Green Mile," starring Tom Hanks. The Oscar-nominated actor has also appeared in "Armageddon," "The Scorpion King," and "Sin City."
Source: http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...ent&id=8796487

He had a great screen presence and will be sorely missed.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Well damn this is just sucky news to start the week off on. Such a cool guy and always memorable on screen. RIP Big Man
Old 09-03-2012, 04:57 PM
This is very sad news. He seemed like a sincere guy and his performance in The Green Mile is among the most devastating work I've ever seen done by an actor.

R.I.P.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:00 PM
He did seem like a sincere guy. Behind the powerful voice and the fact that he could crush your head like a grape with just one hand, he always came across as a gentle and really cool person.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:00 PM
No fucking way man... what the fuck!

This is absolutely terrible news. He was such a great actor... and when he was on Craig Ferguson he always came across as a really great, down to earth guy who seriously was so happy at his career and his life.

This is god awful news... this 2nd half of 2012 is turning into a terrible one for talented people.

RIP... this one truly gets me, I loved this guy in everything and he was one of my favorites.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:04 PM
I didn't even know about the heart attack.

RIP
Old 09-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Absolutely terrible.

RIP
Old 09-03-2012, 05:16 PM
RIP
Old 09-03-2012, 05:01 PM
Shit..............shit.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Very sad news. RIP
Old 09-03-2012, 06:45 PM
Wow just wasn't expecting to see this. It's a damn shame.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:16 PM
No way! I don't believe this tragic news. Wtf.

R.I.P

WTF?
Old 09-03-2012, 07:24 PM
Very sad news!
Loved him in The Green Mile, Arnageddon, The Whole Nine Yards and Sin City!

R.I.P. Michael Clarke Duncan!
Old 09-03-2012, 07:51 PM
RIP. I swear more celebrities and famous people seem to die towards the end of summer.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:09 AM
Sad, sad news.
Made me laugh and enriched the movies that he starred in with what he brought to the screen.
RIP
Old 09-04-2012, 07:19 AM
Everytime i watched or read an interview with Michael Clarke Duncan he seemed genuinely humbled and happy that
he had made it in Hollywood and accomplished a lot in a short time in a life that was far too brief.
R.I.P Big Mike.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:56 AM
RIP
Old 09-04-2012, 01:30 PM
It's unfair that great actors like Michael Clark Duncan pass away and other bad actors are still alive. Goodbye mr. Duncan for your great talent.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:28 PM
As i have previously mentioned, I am an unapologetic Michael Bay fan and if it wasn't just for his movies that I love, it would be for stuff like this:

Quote:
I'm really bummed at losing such a great guy in my life today, Michael Clarke Duncan.

I gave him his first big movie role in Armageddon as Bear. We found him in a gym. He cried at the first audition because he was so proud to audition for a "Michael and Jerry movie", he just wanted to make his mom proud. We gave him the role in the room.

His first day on Armageddon he sucked. I remember looking to Ben Affleck and thinking we might need to fire him. But I told him "Mike, I hired you for you, I want the sweet, Mr Clarke Duncan I met in that room". I said, "the audience is going to fall in love with you".

He looked and smiled with deep voice and said "Ok".

From then on out he became the most improved actor on the set. That was the award he got at the end of the film. Everyone loved him, his infectious spirit and great belly laugh.

It was a great time I will always remember, how proud I was to watch him grow into an actor. Watching him study all the guys from Bruce Willis, Ben Affleck to Steve Buscemi, and Owen Wilson. When he said in the movie he " wanted to stay in the White House for the summer" he killed it. In his N.A.S.A. evaluation I told him to cry like a baby. He looked at me with his macho Duncan eyes and said "Mike I can't do that" I said "yes you can" and it became the biggest laugh in the movie.

I'm really sad to lose him. Rest in peace buddy.

Michael Bay
Old 09-05-2012, 02:09 AM
Ferguson's tribute was really cool. A couple really cool guys.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:04 AM
First and so far only actor to bring me to tears with their performance. An inspiration as an actor who is able to do both friendly/heart-warming and malevolent/intimidating really well.

Rest in Peace
Old 09-05-2012, 03:29 PM
I cried twice during The Green Mile, but his scenes at the end really broke me up. He was a great actor and sounds like a wonderful person. Sad to see him pass so young.