Old 10-03-2012, 07:49 AM
CHAINED

Just caught Jennifer Lynch's new film CHAINED. Friggin awesome flick.

CHAINED is a story of a young boy who is kidnapped by a seriously deranged killer who uses a taxi cab to lure victims. The killer holds the kid for years, treating him like a slave and making him clean up his "mess" after he's finished with the victims (echos of "bereavement"). Years later, the kid has grown and the killer begins to consider that rather than being a slave, the kid might just follow in his footsteps.

Lynch plays down the gore in favour of a character-focussed film. Two nice twists as well but I spotted them both (because I am a genius really).

Well worth checking out.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:03 PM
interesting. I liked Surveillance a lot. I still need to check out Boxing Helena too...especially since it has Sherilyn Fenn aka Audrey from Twin Peaks.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:33 PM
Just like SURVEILLANCE....a shocking embarrassment of riches from a second generation director! I surprisingly loved it!
Old 11-14-2012, 12:24 AM
Fucked up movie. Considering the subject at hand and what it was trying to do, it just wasn't gritty enough for me. Could've been so much more considering what I believe it was aiming for.

The 'twist' at the end certainly could've been handled better as it really felt rushed. Also...

Spoiler:
Angie's fate could've also been handled better. I don't know what they were trying to do with the finale. Was Rabbit going to follow in his mentor's footsteps? Maybe targeting men like his uncle and father using what he learned? Or was he gunna follow his uncle's lead using Angie as his victim? Did Angie survive? The ending was too ambiguous for me. I think I know what they were trying to go for, but it just didn`t work for me, I needed something more conclusive.

7/10
Old 11-14-2012, 03:00 AM
^^^I think he was totally HOME ALONE at the end!

Spoiler:
He had already let Angie go!
Old 01-04-2013, 05:53 PM
my goodness this was awesome. When I say awesome I mean Henry: Portrait of A Serial Killer type awesome. I enjoyed the hell out of this movie. If we got more surprises like this in the horror genre it wouldn't be so fucking dead.

9/10