Old 10-04-2012, 04:49 PM
Sinister

Directed by Scott Derrickson

Written by C. Robert Cargill and Scott Derrickson

Plot: Found footage helps a true-crime novelist realize how and why a family was murdered in his new home, though his discoveries put his entire family in the path of a supernatural entity.

Starring: Ethan Hawke, Juliet Rylance, Fred Dalton Thompson, James Ransone

Rated R for disturbing violent images and some terror

I was half and half on this (really liked Exorcism of Emily Rose but was bored by the Day the Earth Stood Still). Early word is positive, so I'll probably see a late night showing.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:15 PM
This looks surprisingly entertaining and as you said, I've been hearing nothing but good things. It doesn't look like anything particularly new in horror, but it does hit all my favourite horror motifs based on the trailer.

I'll probably see either this or Argo on the Tuesday cheap night.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:18 PM
I might actually check this out, it'd be the first horror movie I saw in the theater since Cabin in the Woods. I liked Insidious and I think this movie is from the same producers, it looks similar; a smarter than average horror flick with good scares.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:44 PM
With the trailers, R-rating, and good reviews, I have no reason not to see this.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw 123 View Post
With the trailers, R-rating, and good reviews, I have no reason not to see this.
Cosign. At first I was wondering why Ethan Hawke would be in such a movie but from all accounts its actually pretty good and scary.
I'll check it out for sure.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:49 AM
This certainly looks to be better than the average horror flick, and I have to support C. Robert Cargill.