Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > General Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 06:18 PM
So Who Read Jon Spaihts' Original Prometheus Script Yesterday?

One of my friend's posted it on his Facebook profile the other day and I just got to finish reading it today. The verdict? While all the early David scenes are gone (point to Lindelof) Spaihts' version is a lot more simple with lots of the mysticism cut out and a much more believable reason behind Peter Weyland funding Holloway and Shaw's (in Spaiht's version she's called Watts) excursion into space. In general A LOT of things make more sense in the original version than in Lindelof's overhaul.

Of course that's just my view. Have a look and give your opinion:

Alien:Engineers
Old 11-14-2012, 02:52 AM
I read the first few pages, I intend to finish it this weekend. I really, so far have dug everything he has written that's unproduced. What I can say from what little I've read - is that Spaihts' draft should've been made. You can tell already the age difference would've been an interesting dynamic
Old 11-14-2012, 10:42 AM
You should totally read my ALIEN PLANET screenplay as a companion piece. It has Space Jockeys and Ripley http://alienv.blogspot.com
Old 11-14-2012, 03:54 PM
Huzzah, Fox missed a link.

Will have to give this a read.