Old 12-17-2012, 04:12 PM
What are you giving for Christmas?

What is everyone getting? I'm still stumped on what to get my brother and my nephew. As a last resort, I'll get my brother a gift card to Popeye's cause I know he can always use it. I think I've done a pretty great job of getting my nephew some cool stuff in the past (Plasmacar, Stomp Rocket, Iron Man Full Helmet that lights up and makes sounds, etc) so I'm trying to keep my reputation going :P

I'm just glad I don't have many people to shop for heh.

So far I'm getting:

Brother's fiancee: Harry Potter Complete Blu-ray Collection (split with my bro who's also getting some other stuff for her)
Parents: Phillips Sunrise Simulator Wake-Up Alarm Clock
Bf: The Calvin and Hobbes Complete Collection (Hardcover)
Office Secret Santa ($15-20): Home Alone blu-ray + Starbucks hot chocolate
Old 12-17-2012, 07:42 PM
Well at the moment l have bought my mum a couple of tops and pants
my brother and his wife l have bought them a toaster
my daughter a few gifts
my father a mat set for his car and a shirt

I am still shopping so l will have to come back grins
Old 12-17-2012, 09:22 PM
I bought a Roku Box for my parents, an Otter Box for my sister's phone, and a few gift certificates so far. Been too busy to do my shopping...
Old 12-18-2012, 12:28 AM
what is Roku box l hope you don't mind New asking. this question
Old 12-18-2012, 05:19 AM
Not at all...a lot of tech savvy people aren't aware.

The Roku Box is a little device that allows you to watch endless amounts of video. It connects online, via apps that you can install (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Video, vudu, YouTube, etc.), to allow users to watch movies, TV shows, Internet videos, listen to music (Pandora) and even podcasts! It's just a simple connect to your TV and wi-fi connects, and you're good to go

...and also, if you're wondering, The Otter Box is a tough, specialized casing for mobile devices. It doesn't sound like much, but there's real work that goes into it, and it works!
Old 12-18-2012, 05:32 AM
Oh that is very intteresting and that roku box plus the otter box sound really cool l should see if l can have a tiki box for Christmas but things it can do might be to expensive,to buy also thankyou for explaining what it is because have never seen one or heardof it. Geez using mobile to correct mistake is hard what was meant to say was roku box

Last edited by Bondgirl; 12-18-2012 at 06:08 AM..