Old 01-07-2013, 06:14 PM
R.I.P. David R. Ellis

David R. Ellis, director of Final Destination 2, Celluar, and Snakes on a Plane, as well as the second unit director on the likes of The Matrix Reloaded and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone passed away today at age 60.

R.I.P.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:27 PM
Here is a part of what Dateline had posted earlier today:
Quote:
Director David R. Ellis has died in Johannesburg, South Africa. The Snakes On A Plane helmer passed away suddenly early this morning Los Angeles-time, Deadline has learned. Ellis was 60 years old. Cause of death is not yet known. Ellis was in South Africa preparing to direct the film KITE. The director’s live-action adaptation of the 1998 Japanese anime was set to reunite Ellis with his Snakes star Samuel L. Jackson.
He will be missed. He had some great films (Cellular, The Final Destination & Snakes on a Plane). I personally really like Cellular.

Last edited by Ruly2; 01-07-2013 at 06:31 PM..
Old 01-07-2013, 08:49 PM
The midnight showing of Snakes on a Plane was one of the greatest times I've had as a film fan.

My regards to his friends and family.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:58 PM
RIP
Old 01-07-2013, 10:21 PM
Just read this. He was really an underrated talent. Cellular was awesome and Snakes on a Plane was pretty cool too. Plus Final Destination 2 was my favorite movie of that franchise. It's a shame that this means his last movie will forever be the incredibly shitty Shark Night 3D. He deserves a better farewell movie than that.

RIP

Old 01-08-2013, 04:09 AM
That's too bad.

I was just thinking about FINAL DESTINATION 2 about 5 hours ago, and how once I realized it was a slapstick horror COMEDY I ended up quite enjoying it.
Then, I thought about Ellis and was like, "Oh yeah, he's done some great popcorn fluff and I can't believe I like his stuff more often than I don't."

Strange to think he passed away.