Old 04-10-2002, 10:43 PM
Michael Myers being cloned???

I'm referring to a scene towards the end of Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers. There's a lab or something, and a bunch of fetuses, if I remember correctly. What's up with that? Is Michael being cloned? Is this Michael actually a clone of the original? Has be been genetically altered in some way? Would someone mind clearing this up for me???
Old 04-10-2002, 11:11 PM
That was one of the only sorta neat ideas in the whole movie...but the way they used it was as dumb as the rest of the movie. I do believe the implication was that the "Thorn" cult was trying to create an army of boogeymen. Why? I dunno. Especially considering that at the end of the film it was very uncertain if this was, in fact, a cult or (more likely) a pseudo-scientific group disguised as a cult. Why they would go through the trouble of disguising themselves in this way, I don't know. This kind of crap is the reason I'm glad they've ignored this story thread in the later ones. Moustapha is a very silly man.
Old 04-13-2002, 02:29 PM
Joe Champelle wrote the ending seen in the theatrical release, which means not to give a shit about it. Joe Champelle just wrote the ending so he could get a paycheck. He's the shittiest Halloween director!

He cut out almost all of Loomis's scenes because he thought he was boring!

He wanted more sound effects and almost no beloved Halloween theme in the film!

He caused Daniel Farrands to write the 11 drafts that made it turn into weird THING it is!

So dont take the ending of H6 at all seriously, it doesn't mean anything.
Old 04-13-2002, 03:19 PM
Guys, ignore the the shitty theatrical cut, get the producer's cut which is the true sixth installment and a better movie overall. The Producer's Cut isn't THE best Halloween sequel, but it's very good and is definitely worth the watch.
Old 04-14-2002, 04:16 PM
Okay, as a huge Halloween fan I must admit they screwed this one up large. My take (and it's just my opinion) on the fetus thing is that they were attempts at Michael's children gone wrong (either cloned or miscarried). Hence, he impreginates his niece to create a child who would exist completely of his blood line and therefore be the ultimate evil...how lame is that...wouldn't he just want to kill it??? Weird, but that's how I saw it.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strodefan822 View Post
Okay, as a huge Halloween fan I must admit they screwed this one up large. My take (and it's just my opinion) on the fetus thing is that they were attempts at Michael's children gone wrong (either cloned or miscarried). Hence, he impreginates his niece to create a child who would exist completely of his blood line and therefore be the ultimate evil...how lame is that...wouldn't he just want to kill it??? Weird, but that's how I saw it.
Of course Michael would want to kill it. It's not like it was his decision to get Jamie pregnant just to make a carbon copy of himself. That would all be Wynn's idea. It's rather odd for me making a reply to a post more than ten years old but hey, this thread caught my eye.

The ending has has me puzzled and I've spent the last few years trying to get it. Wynn talks to Loomis about Michael's evil and that he's had failures, but never exactly talks about what those failures were. In the Unrated Director's Cut, there's extra dialogue in the scene where the failures are the result of trying to control Michael (why was this cut?). In the hallway, we hear those doctors talking about a scientific breakthrough procedure involving Michael's DNA. In the Unrated Director's Cut, there's dialogue stating that it's a cure for a genetic disease (why the heck was this cut?). The doctors don't seem to be part of the cult since Wynn walks up to the guy in the robe and tells him to take his robe of since Halloween was over and turns to the others expecting a joke out of that. Then we see a tank of fetuses at the end.

I thought Steven was the result of the experiment. But if that was the case then why was he marked with the Thorn symbol in blood at the start of the movie in a ceremonial room? Then there's the fact that we have Wynn trying to lead Danny into becoming the next Michael and he abducts him and Kara as well. Then we have Jamie's opening lines at the start of the movie implying rape on Michael's part. Now it would be easier if one were to look at it as Wynn wanting to sacrifice the baby, make Danny the new killer after he kills Kara, but was side-tracked on the whole experiment thing. But how would we get passed Wynn's lines to Loomis in the office where he talks of failures and then Steven with all the stuff about him harnessing Michael's power removed plus Jamie's opening lines pulled from her flashback scene in the P-Cut, where Michael's about to rape her, still indicating rape?
Old 04-14-2002, 06:29 PM
Stordefan, read my post above^.
Old 04-14-2002, 09:08 PM
Actually JayWolf, I finally got my hands on a copy of it about a year ago having been trying since the theatrical crap came out and you are definitly right...it's far superior than what they released. I really hope they come out with a great special edition DVD with both versions though, because it would be better than watching the bootlegs (quality wise)>
Old 04-14-2002, 09:11 PM
True, true... But you have to admit the slighty darker picture gives it more of a feel to the first one.
Old 04-14-2002, 09:15 PM
where can i get this h6-pc?

as for a mike clone.not sure i like that idea.seems to far-fetched.
Old 04-14-2002, 09:25 PM
Try searching on EBay or go to a sci-fi convention and look there. Best bet is EBay.
Old 04-14-2002, 09:44 PM
I just moved and i found a rental video store that is 1,000 times beter than any other i seen before! heres the link- wandwvideo.com... Anyway, a friend told me they have Halloween 6: Producers Cut and on the box in the store it says "ask for assistance on video", but dig this... since its illigal for them to make money from renting it, they let you barrow it (the guys there are so cool!), but you can only barrow it once a month for 3 nights, its a barrow from the manager not the store!

I can't wait!
Old 04-15-2002, 04:25 PM
http://bghorror.topcities.com/moviestore.html
Old 04-15-2002, 07:41 PM
Guys, there are PLENTY of topics about the Producers' Cut! Let's focus on Michael being cloned! (or whatever it is they were doing)
Old 04-15-2002, 08:17 PM
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by APzombie:
I just moved and i found a rental video store that is 1,000 times beter than any other i seen before! heres the link- wandwvideo.com... Anyway, a friend told me they have Halloween 6: Producers Cut and on the box in the store it says "ask for assistance on video", but dig this... since its illigal for them to make money from renting it, they let you barrow it (the guys there are so cool!), but you can only barrow it once a month for 3 nights, its a barrow from the manager not the store!

I can't wait!
</font>
Wild and Wooley has that huh? Well I'll just have to check that out one of these days. They are such a cool store, the greatest video store I've ever seen.
Old 04-17-2002, 11:08 PM
WERES IS THIS STORE?

is it in some different univerus i've heard of it before and i really would like to see halloween 6 producer cut
Old 04-21-2002, 03:23 AM
I haven't seen this movie since it was released in theatres in 1995 and can't remember the ending too well (other than Michael getting beaten by a pipe). No I DON'T miss my span of attention. If only I could find this movie somewhere dammit. Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.