Old 02-14-2003, 10:07 PM
guy pearce

why does eveyone like guy pearce? i didnt like memento. everytime someone asks what person would be good for what, you guys always say guy pearce. by the way, what has he done recently anyway, anything?
Old 02-14-2003, 10:49 PM
Well after Memento, Guy Pearce did Count Of Monte Cristo & Time Machine. His other film credits include Ravenous, Rules Of Engagement, L.A. Confidential & the awesome Adventures of Priscila Queen OF The Desert.
Old 02-15-2003, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BorderEevilIII
Well after Memento, Guy Pearce did Count Of Monte Cristo & Time Machine. His other film credits include Ravenous, Rules Of Engagement, L.A. Confidential & the awesome Adventures of Priscila Queen OF The Desert.
And those movies you've listed alone are all good IMO. He's a great actor. And will be around for a long time to come.
Old 02-15-2003, 08:54 AM
i really like guy pearce. i think after memento, he was recognized...he was wonderful in it. i will try and see a movie if he's in it, because he is always interesting to watch, even if the movie isn't any good.
Old 02-15-2003, 11:37 AM
MEMENTO is great, MONTE CRISTO is good, L.A. CONFIDENTIAL is great, and the man sure knows his shit. He's a great actor (not one as fantastic as most people here seem to think, but great nevertheless), and in a few more years, when his acting chops will have developed, he'll be one of the top actors in the world, no questions asked.
Old 02-15-2003, 12:09 PM
Not many folks outside of Australia know this, but our Guy was doing bit recurring parts in Aussie soap operas before he appeared in "Priscilla, QotD". Hollywood spotted him, and cast him in a wider range of films. Good on him, I say. I think he's extremely talented, and could one day earn himself a major award. Don't knock him; he's a much better actor than some others out there...
Old 02-15-2003, 12:17 PM
A great actor! Only today I've seen Memento for the first time and this movie kicks big ass!

So far LA Confidential and Memento are his best ones!
Old 02-15-2003, 01:38 PM
Priscilla QOD spark intrest to American Audiences but L.A. Confidential IMO put him out there. And yes Memento made Pearce a household name.
Old 02-15-2003, 07:22 PM
I think Guy Pearce has an enormeous amount of talent. Since Memento, Pearce has appeared in:

Till Human Voices Wake Us (2001)
The Count of Monte Christo (2002)
The Time Machine (2002)
The Hard Word (2002)

He is set to appear in Two Brothers (2004).