Old 09-07-2002, 04:59 PM
Re-Animator score........a rip-off of Psycho?

Did anyone else notice that the main score to Re-Animator seemed extremely similar to that of Psycho? It has some differences, but its basically the same thing. Whats the deal with that?
Old 09-07-2002, 05:17 PM
That was intentional, an ode to Psycho.
Old 09-07-2002, 06:43 PM
yes, it did use psycho's music but it fit into the film well

SHIVER ME TIMBERS
Old 09-07-2002, 10:51 PM
On the Millenium edition DVD of Re-Animator, Richard Band says that his score is a homage to Bernard Hermanns' Psycho score. The credits were supposed to have a small notice about Bernard Hermann, but it never got put in, and all the Bernard Hermann fans were pissed and called it a rip-off. The theme from Bride of Re-Animator is basically the same, but with some adjustments.
Old 09-07-2002, 11:15 PM
i dont see how its a ripoff at all, if your gonna call reanimator's music a ripoff then call half the horror movies made a ripoff too.
Old 09-08-2002, 02:45 PM
That's true, half the movies out there are rip offs. I like the score to Re-Animator and rip off was just a bad choice of words. Too bad you can edit the topic name.
Old 09-08-2002, 04:12 PM
I just downloaded and listened to the Bernard Hermann Psycho score and there are some similarites, but Richard Band added his own uniqueness to his Re-Animator score. Therefore, if someone tells you that the Re-Animator and Psycho scores are the same, they are grossly misinformed.
Old 09-09-2002, 03:02 AM
similar in parts yes, same no. anyone that says its the same apparently is def, sorry, but if you think that its the same, go have your ears checked cause there's something wrong. i dont deny similar, cause they indeeda re similar, but not the same.
Old 09-09-2002, 12:51 PM
They aren't the same score, though very similar as Toxferatu said earlier.

[This message has been edited by Jason Voorhees (edited 09-09-2002).]