#1  
Old 08-30-2003, 02:25 AM
Alan Rickman


A great actor who gets better each time on whatever roles he plays. I just watched the 1989 January Man and though the movie overall was...............meh! Along w/ Kevin Kline, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio (which I just created a thread), Alan's presence made the movie pretty decent I think.....

Last edited by BorderEevilIII; 03-12-2004 at 02:44 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-30-2003, 02:59 AM
YAY. Charismatic, magnetic... every 'matic and 'netic under the sun for this fellow.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-30-2003, 06:10 AM
YAY!

Quote:
Originally posted by Tagia_Romero
YAY. Charismatic, magnetic... every 'matic and 'netic under the sun for this fellow.
Ditto.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-30-2003, 12:31 PM
YAY.

One of the finest actors out there. Easy.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-30-2003, 03:14 PM
A definite YAY.

How can you not love Hans Gruber?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-30-2003, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by James Logan
Ditto.
Ditto here too. YAY! YAY! YAY!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-30-2003, 07:34 PM
Definite Yay. Versatile, funny, persuasive, a great actor.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-30-2003, 09:56 PM
YAY to the max!!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-03-2003, 07:55 PM
YAY. One of my favorite actors ever.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-03-2003, 08:20 PM
YAY!

He was one cool bad guy in Die Hard, one with style...
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-04-2003, 09:22 AM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!


"It's dull you twit, it'll hurt more!"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-04-2003, 01:57 PM

YAY! He's another one of those performers who does every role like it was made for him.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-07-2004, 11:25 AM
YAY. Marvellous in DIE HARD and wickedly funny in ROBIN HOOD: PRINCE OF THIEVES. Don't remember seeing him in anything else, though. Ah, well he was also in BOB ROBERTS. And he was good.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-11-2004, 08:50 PM
Huge YAY!

Alan Rickman is a versatile actor, and like jeo4 said...he makes every role his own. Plus I just find him strangely attractive ...anyone else?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-11-2004, 09:24 PM
Yay!!
He's definetly a very excellent actor.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-11-2004, 11:05 PM
YAY

Terrific performer, always with a different role. I love his versatility.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-12-2004, 12:42 PM
The guy rules. He just killed me in Galaxy Quest.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-16-2004, 10:22 PM
Yes. Can take a mere character role and really put something extra into it. Great actor. Greatly underused.

Yay.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-12-2004, 01:59 PM
Great actor. Best known for his villain roles, but capable of so much more if given the chance.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-12-2004, 02:40 PM
Long live Gruber!

YAY
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-12-2004, 03:20 PM
A big fat yay. Compelling, mysterious and very sexy. They don't make 'em like this anymore...
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-14-2004, 10:42 PM
yay!


alan rickman is the bomb!

he was great in dogma!!!

plus he's damn fine as severus snape!



Death to Beth

~darchangel~
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-15-2004, 03:05 AM
"Yippee Ki YAy Mother fuckers"



PS: Im very suprised im the first person to actually use this line....
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-15-2004, 03:49 AM


Grrr, baby...Very Grrrrrr!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-19-2004, 02:36 PM
he is crazy sexy, and in my opinion one of the best actors out there! yum!! uh , yay!!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-19-2004, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Erin123
Huge YAY!

Alan Rickman is a versatile actor, and like jeo4 said...he makes every role his own. Plus I just find him strangely attractive ...anyone else?
Me too!! I can't explain it, but I get all kinds of crap for it! he's just such a great actor!!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-09-2004, 12:59 AM
YAY

I liked him in Die Hard and in Galaxy Quest. Both are good movies.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-13-2004, 04:13 AM
I like Rickman. But the way the film industry works, there is a depressing tendency for him to get type cast as comic Grand Guignol villains. As such, he is always equal to himself, (unforgettable as the Sheriff of Nottingham or the sleazy political spinmaster in BOB ROBERTS) but underused IMHO. He is capable of so many more dimensions, and is never so good as when he is cast against type.

My favorite performnace by him though is as the revenant cellist in Anthony Minghella's TRULY MADLY DEEPLY, we have a delightfully nuanced comic portrayal, seductive enough
to get called back from the dead by the grief of his distraught widow, but also sufficiently annoying, flimsy and full of ticks, as to teach her to dispense with his memory and get on with her life.


There's definitely more to him than just a villain.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-07-2004, 03:10 PM
YAY! no one has played a better villan than he did in diehard
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-07-2004, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Cole666
I like Rickman. But the way the film industry works, there is a depressing tendency for him to get type cast as comic Grand Guignol villains. As such, he is always equal to himself, (unforgettable as the Sheriff of Nottingham or the sleazy political spinmaster in BOB ROBERTS) but underused IMHO. He is capable of so many more dimensions, and is never so good as when he is cast against type.

My favorite performnace by him though is as the revenant cellist in Anthony Minghella's TRULY MADLY DEEPLY, we have a delightfully nuanced comic portrayal, seductive enough
to get called back from the dead by the grief of his distraught widow, but also sufficiently annoying, flimsy and full of ticks, as to teach her to dispense with his memory and get on with her life.


There's definitely more to him than just a villain.
Excellent post. Rickman shines in Truly Madly Deeply...one of his best ever. And you're spot on with your little review there

Awesome avatar BTW...what is it?
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 05-26-2004, 03:04 PM
YAY.

I so wanted to be Sharleen Spiteri, having a good ole dance with Alan, in her video.

What class.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-24-2010, 11:35 AM
A delightful actor with many great roles to his name.

"By Grathbar's hammer,...what a savings!"
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-24-2010, 12:45 PM
One of the best and most versatile actors out there.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-02-2010, 09:50 AM
Die Hard

A great actor who has done some fantastic work over the years.To me his portrayal of Hans Gruber in the original Die Hard was Alan at his best ,that role alone set him up for what has been a very successfull career to date.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-08-2010, 06:01 PM
I still consider Hans Gruber to be one of the best movie villains of all time . . . and it's all because of his performance.

Also like him in the Harry Potter movies, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves and Dogma, among others.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump