Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Horror Movie talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2003, 04:19 PM
Your favorite real-life serial killer

This thread is simply in the interest of good dark humor.... I do not condone, like or admire real life serial killers and killings, and very much support victims' rights.

Now then: PC disclaimer aside, who is your favorite real life killer? Be it Lizzie Borden or Jeffrey Dahmer, let's hear about it.

Me, I'd have to go with The King himself, good ol' Helter Skelter: Charlie.
Old 09-16-2003, 05:09 PM
Charles Manson only for his idiotic raves of delusion.
Old 09-16-2003, 05:13 PM
Son Of Sam. I appreciate the relationship between a man and his dog.
Old 09-16-2003, 05:29 PM
don't hate me for being twisted.... Albert "the Brooklyn Vampire" Fish. Probably the sickest person ever

Runner up: Ed Gein
Old 09-16-2003, 07:50 PM
Charlie don't surf!

BAH! Charlie's my favorite.
Old 09-16-2003, 07:53 PM
Not a serial case, but I've gotta thannng for the Leopold and Loeb case...

Leopold&Loeb
Old 09-16-2003, 08:58 PM
i personally like the story of ed gein. did a report on him a few years ago when i took a criminology class in college. eddie was one fucked up individual.
Old 09-17-2003, 08:47 AM
While i don't have a favorite, i've always been interested in Jeffery Dahmer. One of the more recent twisted individuals.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:53 PM
If you're interested in Jeffrey Dahmer check out: http://www.dearmrgacy.com/jeffrey-da...orrespondence/

For the upcoming film to be released in Spring 2010 "Dear Mr Gacy" we have collected exclusive drawings, photos, and letters from Jason Moss's correspondence with James Gacy, Charles Manson, Jeffrey Dahmer, and Ramirez. We have exclusive content for the film online at http://dearmrgacy.com/themovie (check out the teaser and 3 exclusive clips from the film.) If you like the film and want to stay up-to-date friend Dear Mr Gacy on Facebook at http://facebook.com/dearmrgacy. Enjoy! Let us know your feedback & thoughts on the movie & exclusive content!
Old 09-17-2003, 10:06 AM
Ed Gein
Old 09-17-2003, 12:12 PM
Ed Gein
Old 09-17-2003, 12:14 PM
I should also mention the Reverend Jim Jones. He led 900 people to commit mass suicide. He frightens me far more than Charlie, Dahmer or any of those others.
Old 09-17-2003, 12:36 PM
My daddy...but he ain't been caught yet.
Old 09-17-2003, 04:43 PM
X-Nightcrawler
Old 09-17-2003, 05:50 PM
Ramirez, Gacy and Dahmer would not be invited to any family Bar Mitzvahs if I were Jewish. As it stands, they are back of the line for Christmas party invites. Mad as toast.
Old 09-17-2003, 05:51 PM
Bundy
Old 09-17-2003, 06:02 PM
Andrei Chikatilo...then Jim Jones, Ramirez and Nielson.

Hindley and Brady are fascinating fuckers...and the only serial killers I truly loathe.
Old 09-17-2003, 09:02 PM
Lizzie Borden
Ted Bundy
Ed Gein
The Boston Strangler
The Hillside Strangler
Jack the Ripper

i wanna be a homicide detective when i get older.....

o ya and i have a question... was dahmer
the one who was a clown by proffession and raped and murdered young boys and hid them in his crawl space?
Old 09-17-2003, 09:12 PM
No I'm pretty sure the clown was Gacy.

What about good ol' Henry, who inspired the movie Henry: Portrait of a serial killer? In real life they think he killed over 300 people
Old 07-27-2012, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERIN_LoJ View Post
What about good ol' Henry, who inspired the movie Henry: Portrait of a serial killer? In real life they think he killed over 300 people
No he did not. He was a compulsive/pathological liar. This isn't John Gotti's hitman you're talking about, It's a white trash halfwit drifter who somehow survived the wrath of his mother's coat hanger during pregnancy. She should have gone with the flight of stairs approach; harder to miss.

I think the more fucked up a serial killer is the more interesting he is. So I'd have to go with Jack The Ripper(cutting out womans sex organs and keeping them as trophy's. Majorly fucked up. Goes beyond any kind of psychiatric treatment. Just an off the wall crazy fuck. Albert Fish(admittedly killed and tortured over 400 people. A lie of course. Just like Henry he is considered a liar.)
Old 07-27-2012, 11:28 PM
Jack the Ripper 'cuz how fucking awesome is that nickname. All the other killers have boring names but Jack the Ripper . . . damn son, that's just sick as hell.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:14 PM
This is a scary thread.

...anywho....it does interest me very much....anybody got any film suggestions? I love Zodiac...
Old 07-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AspectRatio1986 View Post
This is a scary thread.

...anywho....it does interest me very much....anybody got any film suggestions? I love Zodiac...
Seven
The Silence of the Lambs
Red Dragon
Hannibal
Insomnia
(remake)
Psycho
Primal Fear

Old 09-17-2003, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ERIN_LoJ
No I'm pretty sure the clown was Gacy.

Yeah he was a pretty interesting character, actually. I think he actually claimed he killed more than he actually did. It's been proven in some cases that there is no way he could have killed some he claimed to have. Physically impossible to have been in the locations at those certain times. He would have admitted to anything he loved the spotlight.
Old 09-17-2003, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by VicVega
Bundy
I second that, Bundy, espcially after watching the movie, was quite the talker.
Old 09-18-2003, 08:38 AM
Well this is a very weird Topic.
But my vote goes for Jack the ripper, for all the mistery aura around him.
Old 09-18-2003, 03:07 PM
Elizabeth Bathory. That chick was beyond fucked up. I like how she kidnapped and killed young women just to bathe in their blood to be more youthful. Plus she was gay and had major orgies. Thats just entertaining.

----or----
Lizzie Borden cause she was just a nutcase and she has her own little rhyme.
Lizzie Borden took an axe and gave her mother 40 whacks. When she saw what she had done, she gave her father 41.

Thats just cool.
Old 09-19-2003, 10:34 PM
Not to be so technical, but Lizzie Borden and Charles Manson are both not serial killers. Lizzie was only accused of killing her parents, and good old Charlie had other people doing his dirty work.

If I had to choose though, I'd have to say Gacy. The man has the highest confirmed body count I believe since most of his victims were buried in his crawlspace and other areas on his property.
Old 09-19-2003, 10:37 PM
Bundy. Bundy killed and sodomized women. He stole, cheated, lied. He covered up his misdeads by burying them. So all in all, a good Republican.
Old 09-20-2003, 12:04 AM
Albert Fish...hey, I enjoy inserting needles into my groin just as much as the next fellow, but every man has his limits.

Quote:
Originally posted by sherimoon
Elizabeth Bathory. That chick was beyond fucked up. I like how she kidnapped and killed young women just to bathe in their blood to be more youthful. Plus she was gay and had major orgies. Thats just entertaining.

----or----
Lizzie Borden cause she was just a nutcase and she has her own little rhyme.
Lizzie Borden took an axe and gave her mother 40 whacks. When she saw what she had done, she gave her father 41.

Thats just cool.
LOL! I like you.
Old 09-20-2003, 10:50 AM
Well I guess Dahmer or Gacy interest me the most, but lately I've found out about one sick fucker from the 15th century named Gilles De Rais. He was an alchemist and a pedophile who murdered young boys for years. And this is the same guy who fought alongside of Joan of Arc. For the most notorious killers in existence, you definitely have to look way back in history.
Old 09-20-2003, 03:36 PM
Mine is Ed Gein
Old 09-20-2003, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kakihara
Not to be so technical, but Lizzie Borden and Charles Manson are both not serial killers. Lizzie was only accused of killing her parents, and good old Charlie had other people doing his dirty work.

If I had to choose though, I'd have to say Gacy. The man has the highest confirmed body count I believe since most of his victims were buried in his crawlspace and other areas on his property.
ya but Charles Manson was a direct cause of the deaths of those people...but actualy in technical terms, even he is responsible for the deaths would this be considered mass murder insted of serial murder since they were all killed at the same time and a serial killers victims are spread out of a longer period of time....and i got another question.....was lizzie borden ever convicted? cause i dont think she was but i could be mistaken......and o ya ......if gacy was the clown than what did dahmer do?
Old 09-20-2003, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by killuminati003
ya but Charles Manson was a direct cause of the deaths of those people...but actualy in technical terms, even he is responsible for the deaths would this be considered mass murder insted of serial murder since they were all killed at the same time and a serial killers victims are spread out of a longer period of time....and i got another question.....was lizzie borden ever convicted? cause i dont think she was but i could be mistaken......and o ya ......if gacy was the clown than what did dahmer do?
I'm not sure you can label Charles Manson as either a serial killer or a mass murderer since he did'nt act on his own. He could definitely be labeled as the mastermind of one of the most notorious American crimes. If I'm not mistaken, I also believe that Lizzie Borden was indeed never convicted of the murder of her parents. As far as Gacy goes, not only was he a clown for the benefit of hospitalized children, but he was very active in politics and his community at large. Dahmer was nothing more than a sick bastard that wanted to have his own sex slave/zombie. No idea why he chose minoritys as most of his victims other than it might just have been a personal taste of his in his twisted psycho-sexual fantasies.
Old 09-20-2003, 08:01 PM
Jack... Jack the Ripper. Never got caught. Smart fellow, that or incredibly lucky.

Peter Kurten aka the Vampire of Dusseldof

Elisabeth Bathory. Now SHE was Dracula!

Vlad Tsepesh

Jeffery Dahmer

Gacy

Charles Manson
Old 09-20-2003, 09:14 PM
I acknowledge SonnyVanHelsing's disclaimer in the first post, but I can't help but wonder how people here would feel if someone said their "favourite real-life serial killers" were the two killers from the Colorado massacre? Or those responsible for the September 11th tragedy?
Old 09-20-2003, 11:21 PM
The Zodiac Killer has always got my attention. Even though the person wasn't caught...

Otherwise, it's a toss up between Charles Manson and the sick fuck Ted Bundy.
Old 09-20-2003, 11:33 PM
I don't think anyone here is actually saying they have a "favorite" serial killer as in that they celebrate anything about them. I believe the resposes here are more akin to speaking out about what serial killers (for lack of a better word) fascinate them the most. I can understand how some might think this the wrong way, but you cannot deny the morbid curiosity that these monsters of our societys create. The acts of any/all serial killers sickens me but at the same time it raises my curiosity as to how the human mind can twist into such a way as to do things that most of us could never concieve of doing. Obviously I'm not alone as real crime seems to be the entertainment of choice for millions of people. I would bet that most of the people that would dare call anyone in this discussion sick would have no problem rubber-necking a deadly accident on the roads. Obviously the only reason for that would be to get a glimpse at the carnage out of a morbid curiosity.
Old 09-21-2003, 12:34 AM
Zodiac Killer was of the most interest...

but Ted Bundy was born in the same area as I, and he was executed on my birthday in the state I would later move to. Creepy shite.
Old 09-21-2003, 12:42 AM
lol ive done alot of research on serial killers (good to know im not the only one) but i read on a man named neil something..cant remember his last name..but he would strangle a man after making love....than have the body sit there for like 5 days...he said he watched TV with it, cuddled with it, made love to it, and even tried to feed it..when the body decomposed so much he buried it beneath his floorboards....now thats some sick shit..or i think the number one serial killer of all time was henry lee lucas who killed well over 200 ppl on a killing and robbing spree...bonnie and clyde is also a good story but my personal favorite is ted bundy...the man was smart and deceiving..i have a few of his quotes here

"whats one less person in the world anyways?"

"we serial killers are ur husbands, ur fathers, ur freinds, we are everyone"

<shiver>

ps. john wayne gacy'slast words were "kiss my ass"