Old 03-24-2004, 02:59 PM
Hope Davis

Anyone schmoe thinks Hope Davis is the cats meow? Of all her movie roles that she has doen begining from the 90's to the present About Schmidt IMO is my favorite role of her with American Splendor closely behind.
Old 03-24-2004, 04:48 PM
Hope Davis rocks, but does anyone else think she looks a lot like Patricia Clarckson? but I gotta disagree with ya BorderEevil, I think she was so the best in American Splendor, then About Schmidt.
Old 03-24-2004, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by erinachan
Hope Davis rocks, but does anyone else think she looks a lot like Patricia Clarckson? but I gotta disagree with ya BorderEevil, I think she was so the best in American Splendor, then About Schmidt.
yeah you got me on that....
When Giamatti's character gotten attached to Davis yes it does pale in comparison to her role in About Schmidt.
Old 03-24-2004, 09:43 PM
Yay from me.
Old 03-31-2004, 06:28 AM
A yay from me. I think she's a very versatile performer, excellent character actor and also she posesses a chameleon-like ability to change her looks for roles.
Old 03-31-2004, 02:29 PM
She's good so I'll give her a yay.
Old 03-31-2004, 03:46 PM

Yay.

A solid actress.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:32 PM

Incredible, incredible actress. I'm more impressed every time I see her in something. I've seen The Weather Man and Mumford, both of which she's great in, just in the last couple of days, and added some more to my rental list.
Her next couple of projects, by the way, sound amazing.

There's Genova, directed by Michael Winterbottom and also starring Colin Firth and Catherine Keener. Then Charlie Kaufman's directorial debut; Synedoche New York with (deep breath) Keener, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Emily Watson, Michelle Williams and Samantha Morton and The Lodger with Alfred Molina. What a fucking awesome 2008 she's going to have.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:12 PM
YAY. Talented, radiant and against the Hollywood grain.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:25 PM
Nay. She annoys the hell out of me, I'm not entirely sure why, but she does.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Ill say YAY, but i admit i havent seen her in anything that wasnt already mentioned.

What all has she been been?