Old 05-03-2003, 07:00 PM
David Duchovny

Yay! from me.
I think he's a pretty cool guy, and is very funny. I want to see him in some more serious roles, because he is great actor when he puts his mind to it (I remember some fantastic X-Files eps like Redux etc)

I'd love to see him and Ms Anderson together in completely different roles, that would be really good!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xfilesmovie.jpg (24.3 KB, 56 views)
Old 05-04-2003, 05:53 AM
He was solid on "The X-Files," but he really never has impressed me with his movies. I guess time will tell if he can impress me in films.
Old 05-04-2003, 06:00 AM

I really do not like him. He isn't a very good actor.
Old 05-04-2003, 07:38 AM

He's Mulder for Christs sake...

So yay from me.
Old 05-04-2003, 08:00 PM
I loved "The X-Files" and thought he was good in "Evolution", but since hearing of his temperamental antics I've taken a dislike to him.

Many fans believe he was instrumental in the demise of X-Files by taking on Fox for supposedly selling the show's syndication "under the table" back to its own cable network. He named the man who gave him his best job, Chris Carter, as a co-defendant in his suit against the studio, thus souring their relationship. It's well-known Duchovny wanted out of the show to pursue his film career, hence this desperate move.

Also while on the X-Files, he'd just married Tea Leoni when his show contract was up for renewal. He didn't want to commute from LA (where Tea was working) to Vancouver (where the show was being shot) every week, so apparently he went to Carter and said "Move the show to LA or I'm walking." Mulder was an essential cast member, so Carter had no choice but to re-locate to LA where everything - costumes, soundstage, FX, editing, location shooting - was much more expensive, resulting in a downturn in the show's normally stunning look.

Lastly, he hates being associated with Mulder. I don't know if he's still like this, but for a long time if fans in X-Files T-shirts or caps approached and asked for his autograph, he'd refuse. Similarly if he was asked about the show while signing an autograph, he'd stop writing at once and walk away.

He's not that great an actor, so I don't know where this attitude is coming from. I can't stand people who are that full of themselves.
Old 05-05-2003, 03:38 PM
Re: David Duchovny

I'd love to see him and Ms Anderson together in completely different roles, that would be really good! [/B][/QUOTE]

Now that would be cool to see. But it would feel kinda weird, at least to an X-Files geek like me.
Old 05-05-2003, 03:59 PM
I'm not fond of him and his acting. I've never been a fan of X-files too.
Old 05-05-2003, 04:08 PM
sings, "David Duchovny....Why wont ya luv me?!?!"
I rarely watched the X-Files TV show but did see the movie. Hes ok actor-wise in movies. Just remember he played a minor role in "Dont Tell Mom The Babysitters Dead"... so the David gets a mild................(plays X-Files Theme Song) yay
Old 05-05-2003, 07:37 PM
EEK!

Can't stand him. I think he's a joke, HORRIBLE actor who's extremely ugly. Nay!!!!!
Old 05-06-2003, 12:56 PM
Re: EEK!

Quote:
Originally posted by Hannibal21
Can't stand him. I think he's a joke, HORRIBLE actor who's extremely ugly. Nay!!!!!

Ugly?! (nearly chokes) you say he's ugly?!

ohhh, I think I just saw a pig flying past the window!
Old 05-07-2003, 02:41 PM
I love Mulder I don't think I'll be able to see him as anything other than that though really...
Old 05-07-2003, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Voodoodoll
I love Mulder I don't think I'll be able to see him as anything other than that though really...
I think that's his biggest fear, being pigeon-holed in that role. Maybe that's why he's sometimes nasty to X-Files buffs.
Old 05-08-2003, 12:04 PM
He's "hosting" a documentary called "Best Friend Forgotten" about the plight of homeless animals. There's a pre-screening here in Chicago on May 19th. I can't find much about the movie itself, but I'm looking forward to it!
Old 05-08-2003, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by FeydRautha
I loved "The X-Files" and thought he was good in "Evolution", but since hearing of his temperamental antics I've taken a dislike to him.

Many fans believe he was instrumental in the demise of X-Files by taking on Fox for supposedly selling the show's syndication "under the table" back to its own cable network. He named the man who gave him his best job, Chris Carter, as a co-defendant in his suit against the studio, thus souring their relationship. It's well-known Duchovny wanted out of the show to pursue his film career, hence this desperate move.

Also while on the X-Files, he'd just married Tea Leoni when his show contract was up for renewal. He didn't want to commute from LA (where Tea was working) to Vancouver (where the show was being shot) every week, so apparently he went to Carter and said "Move the show to LA or I'm walking." Mulder was an essential cast member, so Carter had no choice but to re-locate to LA where everything - costumes, soundstage, FX, editing, location shooting - was much more expensive, resulting in a downturn in the show's normally stunning look.

Lastly, he hates being associated with Mulder. I don't know if he's still like this, but for a long time if fans in X-Files T-shirts or caps approached and asked for his autograph, he'd refuse. Similarly if he was asked about the show while signing an autograph, he'd stop writing at once and walk away.

He's not that great an actor, so I don't know where this attitude is coming from. I can't stand people who are that full of themselves.
He sure royally butt fucked the X Files. After The Simpsons the X Files is my favourite TV programme but when they moved to LA the episodes sorta lost something. One day though he'll wake up and appreciate the attention he got for being Mulder,
Old 05-08-2003, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by lily25
He's "hosting" a documentary called "Best Friend Forgotten" about the plight of homeless animals. There's a pre-screening here in Chicago on May 19th. I can't find much about the movie itself, but I'm looking forward to it!
Is that a film?
Old 08-11-2003, 02:55 PM
I love the guy. I dunno what it is about him, but I absolutely love his performance in every movie I've seen him in. Even though as I watch these films, I keep think "Mulder". Big yay!
Old 08-11-2003, 03:19 PM
YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY

I loved the X-Files, and I want him to do more, but lately he hasn't...come on Dave, do a movie. I did enjoy his small part in the much hated Full Frontal though
Old 08-11-2003, 03:49 PM
M'eh. He did a good job with X-Files, but he's yet to do anything since that I've enjoyed. He needs to redeem himself in my eyes.
Old 08-11-2003, 06:52 PM
I think he's a better actor than he's given credit for. Although he will NEVER find a better role than that of Fox Mulder on the X-Files I also thought he was good in Return to Me and Playing God. And he's got a natural gift comedy which is why he was good in Evolution.

He gets a Yay from me.
Old 08-11-2003, 08:57 PM
Quote:
And he's got a natural gift comedy which is why he was good in Evolution
Yeah, I dunno what it is. It's almost like a subtle type of comedy. It's not overly done, it's just perfect. I dunno.
Old 08-11-2003, 10:57 PM
yay with out a doubt i always loved him as mulder on the x-files (one of my favorite tv shows of all time)hes got great dead pan delivery and he yes he needs to wise up and realise he cant get a better role and will always be remeberd for mulder on the x-files (at least by me anyway)

Last edited by chilli pepper; 08-11-2003 at 11:02 PM..
Old 08-12-2003, 12:05 AM
He's smart. I like the X-Files.
Yay.