Old 06-12-2003, 05:11 PM
John Travolta

What do you guys think of this actor?

for me he's a YAY!!

I've liked him ever since I saw him in Grease. I still think he's handsome today. Although he's not the best actor but he does have some good movies under his belt (Pulp Fiction)and he's a well-respected actor. He also seems like a good family guy.
Old 06-12-2003, 08:41 PM

The man is not the worst actor in the world. In fact, I love a lot of his movies. But does anybody remember BATTLEFIELD EARTH????? That may be one of the worst male performances ever, a performance so bad it's able to make me lose hope in him forever.

Nay!
Old 06-12-2003, 08:59 PM
Grease and Pulp Fiction were good. Domestic Disturbance was alright too. Saturday Night Fever, Look Who's Talking and Michael blew, and I never saw Battlefied Earth. There ya go. I saw YAY because Grease and Pulp Fiction rock.
Old 06-12-2003, 11:28 PM
I've never been overly impressed with Travolta. But I admire his tenacity as, over a 30+ -year-long career he's made two successful comebacks after a string of bad role-choices and bombs.

I enjoyed his performance in "Pulp Fiction", but no matter what role he's playing, every time I see him onscreen all I can see is Vinny Barbarino from "Welcome Back Kotter" (a show I was forced to watch on TV as a kid). Every time he spoke his lines in "Domestic Disturbance", all I could hear was him singing "Bah-bah-bah, Bah-bah-barino!!" in the back of my mind.
Old 06-13-2003, 04:01 AM
His last movies were all awful, but older ones are amazing, Pulp Fiction, Grease, Saturday Night Fever, and he was rather charming in Look Who's Talking

YAY!
Old 06-13-2003, 05:59 AM
A very talented actor who seems to pick poor projects often. When he picks good ones, he's excellent though. I'm hoping "Ladder 49" will get him back on track. Yay.
Old 06-13-2003, 08:13 AM

Not my cup o' tea.
Old 06-14-2003, 06:09 AM
I don't think it's possible for me to not like Travolta, the guy is probably one of my faves, (I sat through Battlefield Earth even though many people had already told me that it sucked ass, just because he was in it.)
Old 06-16-2003, 11:16 AM
One of the worst actors working.

Horrible.
Old 06-16-2003, 02:49 PM
how could i say nay? YAY all the way!
Old 06-25-2003, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Moviefan1234
A very talented actor who seems to pick poor projects often. When he picks good ones, he's excellent though. I'm hoping "Ladder 49" will get him back on track. Yay.
I agree here. JT's good, & for some reason I am surpised that he hasn't gone on to win an Oscar honor. In Get Shorty, he definitely was the King Of Cool. A yay, but JT's gotta be careful here. His last few projects didn't burn the box office, & he may yet end up in Hollywood's Bermuda Triangle (where Stallone is now) for the 2nd time.
Old 06-29-2003, 12:04 AM
He doesn't seem to have great range for acting and he gets shitty parts/ movies. Sadly Pulp Fiction and Broken Arrow are his only films that I could even stand.

Nay!
Old 07-06-2003, 02:24 AM
Like some of his new work. Hated Saturday night fever though (1/10) The only good thing was his moves, but thats it. However a yay.
Old 07-08-2003, 02:28 AM
Yay While I don't think hes ever made a movie that is extremely superb he has made some good ones and albeit some bad ones.

Face Off and Broken Arrow were both really good. So was the recent one he had with Hugh Jackman.

I think he is only good as the villain.
Old 10-02-2003, 08:48 PM
Johnny certainly doesn't have the best track record, but he has been in some really stand out films. I actually just saw one of his earlier films - The Boy in The Plastic Bubble - now available on DVD. It is a made-for-TV movie he did in 1978, before his fame/Grease. He played a 16/18 year old teen who had to live in a isolated invironment in his room, because he was unable to develop an immune system when he was a baby. It is really touching to see what he goes through to reach out to people and get his dream girl. One of his, if not the best, movie he ever did. He was really good in it. I totally recommend it.
Old 10-03-2003, 01:38 AM
He has picked some bad films but I like him, yay.
Old 10-03-2003, 04:34 AM
As an actor I only like two of his shows, Pulp Fiction and Broken Arrow. But now he's a fat mess and his movies are brutal, can you say Marlon Brando?
Plus he's a scientologist, so the guy's obviously a total moron.
Old 10-04-2003, 07:04 AM
I don't think he's a very great actor recently, to be honest. He's squandering his comeback with movies like Basic (co-starring Samuel L. "I'm in everything" Jackson) and Domestic Disturbance.

However, I loved him in Saturday Night Fever.