Old 12-05-2003, 11:17 AM
werewolf fiction

does anyone out there know of any decent werewolf books? i love werewolves, and would love to be able to read some good horror fiction of them. (i already know bout the Howling books though guys )

Old 12-05-2003, 12:16 PM
I read one years back about a guy who finds a set of silver fangs and they turn him into a werewolf. The plot sounds dumb, but I thought it was a really good read at the time. Of course, I cant think of the title right now dammit! I think it was something along the lines of "St. Peters Wolf", or something to that effect. Also, you cant go wrong with Stephen King's Cycle of the Werewolf" novella

Edit: It was "Saint Peter's Wolf" by Michael Cadnum. Did a google search and found this site that may help you out

http://www.jh-author.com/novels.htm

Last edited by Quiver; 12-05-2003 at 12:24 PM..
Old 12-05-2003, 04:48 PM
I heard "Cycle of the Werewolf" (Stephen King) was a very good novel...
Old 12-05-2003, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by X-Nightcrawler
I heard "Cycle of the Werewolf" (Stephen King) was a very good novel...
already have that too. damn, there really should be more books on the subject, its such a great one! maybe i should just quit my bitching and write my own...

Old 12-06-2003, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by captainjesus
already have that too. damn, there really should be more books on the subject, its such a great one! maybe i should just quit my bitching and write my own...

Old 12-06-2003, 12:07 PM
How's a werewolf that's actually a kid, lives on the streets (think John Connor in T3-type living). But see, when the werewolf devours someone it also devours their memory, and is shown a little movie of the person's past. So if he mistakingly attacks and consumes someone he'll watch their life unfold before his mind's eye later on--the ultimate curse for killing an innocent victim.
Now say that the wolf accedently kills someone one night, heads back to his abandoned house, changes back, and waits for the memory-movie. Okay . . . but in the memory-movie he sees this cellar. There are bodies there. All alive. Bound, gagged, and various other details that aren't appropriate for the board (!).
Snap back to reality.
Hmm . . .

Werewolves are a split-personality. There's actually a very reasonable explanation for that, but it's so damn long that it'll take up too much space. But it works and is actually believable (no curse or bite or any of that pop-culture bullshit).

Oh, and it's called Beneath and will be out May/April (although it might be turned into a short story if I can't add enough - and then will be dropped by the publisher and given to a mag -, for it's pretty short . . . we'll see what happens).

Last edited by C-Desecration-; 12-06-2003 at 12:25 PM..
Old 12-06-2003, 04:29 PM

I don't know if this is still being actively published but you could definitely pick up a copy cheap on Ebay. It's a cross between an action packed espionage novel and a werewolf tale in a second world war setting. Very good stuff. Here's the synopsis...

He is Michael Gallatin, master spy, lover--and werewolf. Able to change shape with lightning speed, to kill silently or with savage, snarling fury, he proved his talents against Rommel in Africa. Now he faces his most delicate, dangerous mission: to unravel the secret Nazi plan known as Iron Fist. From a parachute jump into occupied France to the lush corruption of Berlin, from the arms of a beautiful spy to the cold embrace of a madman's death machine, Gallatin draws ever closer to the ghastly truth about Iron Fist. But with only hours to D-Day, he is trapped in the Nazis' web of destruction...
Old 12-07-2003, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by C-Desecration-
How's a werewolf that's actually a kid, lives on the streets (think John Connor in T3-type living). But see, when the werewolf devours someone it also devours their memory, and is shown a little movie of the person's past. So if he mistakingly attacks and consumes someone he'll watch their life unfold before his mind's eye later on--the ultimate curse for killing an innocent victim.
Now say that the wolf accedently kills someone one night, heads back to his abandoned house, changes back, and waits for the memory-movie. Okay . . . but in the memory-movie he sees this cellar. There are bodies there. All alive. Bound, gagged, and various other details that aren't appropriate for the board (!).
Snap back to reality.
Hmm . . .

Werewolves are a split-personality. There's actually a very reasonable explanation for that, but it's so damn long that it'll take up too much space. But it works and is actually believable (no curse or bite or any of that pop-culture bullshit).

Oh, and it's called Beneath and will be out May/April (although it might be turned into a short story if I can't add enough - and then will be dropped by the publisher and given to a mag -, for it's pretty short . . . we'll see what happens).

Damn C that's infuckingenius....Hopefully you get it as long as the publisher wants without having to just make "Filler" shit....Love the premise tho...Totally dig it
Old 12-07-2003, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by C-Desecration-
Snap back to reality.
Hmm . . .

That's preety fucking a! I know I'll catch it.
Old 12-14-2003, 12:52 PM
Blue Moon by Laurell K. Hamilton. However, it is mixed in a series, so you would need to read all the ones before it to understand it. First book is Guilty Pleasures.
Old 12-27-2003, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by martyds761
Blue Moon by Laurell K. Hamilton. However, it is mixed in a series, so you would need to read all the ones before it to understand it. First book is Guilty Pleasures.
Damn you beat me to it.

If you want good Horror about Vamps, Were-everything and other classic and not so classic monsters you need to check these books out.

These books are among the top on my list not simple horror monster stories but deep with story as well.

You will have to get thru the first few before it starts to focus on the Werewolf aspect but you will not be disappointed.

Out....................................
Old 01-20-2004, 02:32 PM

I really liked BLOOD AND CHOCOLATE.
Old 01-20-2004, 02:46 PM
Have you tried "The Silver Wolf" by Alice Borchardt? she's Anne Rice's sister, and it sounds good. Give it a read, and tell me how it is!!

"talk hard. steal the air."

~darchangel~