Old 01-23-2004, 02:25 PM
I need help. Which should I see??

Tomorrow, this girl and I are going to go to two movies. She's choosing one and I'm choosing one. I've chosen The Butterfly Effect and she's having trouble deciding between ALONG CAME POLLY and WIN A DATE WITH TAD HAMILTON.
We're both 17 years old and I'm her boyfriend. What should we see? Which is Better...Polly or Tad?

Thanks
Old 01-23-2004, 02:26 PM
What is better, a knife up the ass or a sword up the ass?

Just kidding.

I've heard shockingly good buzz for Tad, maybe you should check that out.
Old 01-23-2004, 02:44 PM
I'd go with TAD, as well. I haven't seen it yet (will do so this weekend), but since ALONG CAME POLLY was pretty blah for me, I'd suggest TAD HAMILTON, which looks a lot more charming by comparison.
Old 01-23-2004, 03:46 PM
TAD HAMILTON, so when you and your gf start making out in the theater, you can look at Kate Bosworth out of the corner of one eye.
Old 01-23-2004, 04:16 PM
Both are very good films, but WIN A DATE WITH TAD HAMILTON gets my vote. It is a great movie (8/10 or A-) and perfect to go see on a date.
Old 01-23-2004, 04:56 PM
Haven't seen either, but Tad looks better to me.
Old 01-23-2004, 04:58 PM
Along Came Polly, since it goes straight for humor, whcih I suspect that the girl will like.

Or you could go see Big Fish...

<_<

>_>
Old 01-23-2004, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lynn Minmei
Or you could go see Big Fish...

<_<

>_>
Ah, good point.
Old 01-23-2004, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Nate6
Haven't seen either, but Tad looks better to me.
Same here. Is it me, or does Along Came Polly seem like a Friend's episode with different characters?
Old 01-23-2004, 06:11 PM
If you're serious about her ( i'll let you decide what that means ) :

Along came the recurring Ben Stiller character - can't go wrong with a safe , predictable , brainless , make everyone feel good , live happily ever after cheesefest , courtesy of market research flic . It will be a nice little diversion from the relationship tension , and let you forget about certain things you're worrying about . Plus , you won't have to have a deep discussion about it afterwards . ( Unless you feel the need to pontificate about one dimensional , mildly talented thespians who perfect a particular character and become millionaires in the process ) .

Butterfly Effect ( this one can backfire depending on how far along you are with your courtship ) - It looks to be a serious meditation on fate , and the futility of attempting to alter it . It looks like it will raise some serious questions about humanity and people's motivations , in addition to the " effect " the love of a good woman , or the absence of it , has on men . Some people would say go with Polly second , to break the tension . I say , end the night with something serious and increase the tension , it could lead to a breakthrough in your coupling or maybe even bring something to light that's been in the dark for some time . Either way , i feel , something important will happen if you end the night with BE .

If you're not serious about her ( again , you decide what that means ) :

Along Came Polly - start out with , see above description .

WADWTH - Considering your age , i would say a light , non challenging , young nice looking but somewhat shy and insecure girl gets the ultra cool nice looking guy , and everyone learns some important superficial lessons hollywood creation is the perfect way to end the night / day , with a girl / woman that you're only spending time with , a nice little time waster , which is what spending time with someone you're not serious with is .

Anyway , i haven't seen any of these films , i'm just trying to use a bit of insight , experience , and my limited skills of observation .

Have a good time either way .

Last edited by dellamorte dellamore; 01-23-2004 at 06:19 PM..
Old 01-23-2004, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Nate6
Ah, good point.
Yep.
Old 01-23-2004, 10:45 PM
wow..thanks guys

Hey, thanks...that defenitly helped alot.
She has, because of u guys, decided to see Win A Date With Tad Hamilton.
Haha, and with the advice given a few posts before, will defenitly see The Butterfly Effect first! Haha..

So thank you guys, you've really helped.
I just wanted to see Jennifer Aniston tho
Old 01-27-2004, 04:15 PM
Just don't do what I did... take a girl to see TERMINATOR 3... that was a "great" idea...
Old 01-27-2004, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by neco82
Just don't do what I did... take a girl to see TERMINATOR 3... that was a "great" idea...
I'm a girl and wouldn't mind a guy taking me to an action flick.
Old 01-28-2004, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Tweek
I'm a girl and wouldn't mind a guy taking me to an action flick.
REALLY? Would you like to go out with me?? :d

See, this girl fell asleep and forgot to tell me she'd never seen the other two movies.