Old 01-30-2004, 10:13 AM
Woody Harrelson

Just wondered what peoples opinions are on Woody - i still look upon him as the bartender from cheers, but i think it is fair to say that he is the only member of the cheers cast to have any kind of success after the show wrapped.

I think he is solid is natural born killers and he had me in stitches during kingpin - i mean the difference in scope of those two roles alone says something about the guys ability as an actor...

any thoughts?
Old 01-30-2004, 11:19 AM
i too enjoyed natural born killers.

i really thought he came across as mickey knox, and showed the hopelessness mickey believed to be his future.

wow, deep shit <shivers>

i've seen woody in kingpin and other films (none are coming to mind right now other than "white men can't jump", but we'll just pretend i didn't say that)

i think he's a very solid actor, and i do still love him as dopey woody the bartender from cheers. every now and again, you do wanna go where everybody knows your name.

"talk hard. steal the air."

~darchangel~
Old 01-30-2004, 12:54 PM
I'll say it again.. Woody Harrelson in The People vs. Larry Flint gave one of the best performances of the 90s.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:54 PM
Ive dug him in just about everything Ive seen him in.

Kingpin
NBK
Money Train
White Men Cant Jump
Play It To The Bone
The People vs Larry Flint (the movie was bad, he was good)

and laughed my ass of in his quick Anger Management role.
Old 01-30-2004, 02:24 PM
This should probably go to the Celeb-O-Meter.

BTW: I love Woody. Great performer.
Old 01-30-2004, 02:27 PM
I really like the guy, and if you want to check out his best performance (IMO), rent Natural Born Killers (5/10). I personally didn't like the movie, but found his and Juliette Lewis' performances to be great.
Old 01-30-2004, 04:40 PM
I've never liked too much, I don't know why, but he is a great actor. See The People vs. Larry Flynt and Natural Born Killers for proof.
Old 01-31-2004, 01:28 AM

Massive yay.

A great actor who has never disappointed me. Unfortunately, he seems more interested in his hemp pants nowadays than making movies.

Loved his little turn in Wag the Dog too.

Also, Kingpin just happens to be one of my favorite comedies ever. As mentioned already, he is an extremely talented dramatic actor too.

The People Vs. Larry Flynt is a brilliant film.

Last edited by Indiana Sev; 01-31-2004 at 01:31 AM..
Old 01-31-2004, 10:38 AM

A very talented guy. One of those people who can do drama and comedy equally as well. Yay.
Old 02-01-2004, 03:23 AM
Yay.
Hilarious actor. Can pull off serious when he needs to.