Old 10-24-2003, 12:59 PM
Ingrid Bergman

I was just looking around the official Ingrid Bergman site, and it occurred to me it’s strange we haven’t started a thread dedicated to her before (knowing she has many fans here). I decided to do it, so everyone can have a place to wax lyrical about Ingrid.

Let me start - I absolutely ADORE her. I think it’s almost redundant to say how great of an actress she is, but watching her on screen is a really incomparable feeling – she has the most beautiful smile ever and I just melt at the sight of her. She also always has really great chemistry with her male co-stars, because I've noticed in their romantic scenes together she has this way of fixating her eyes on them that makes you believe she's really in love with them and also, sort of makes you (well, me) want to be in their place. Sorry, got a little carried away there.

Some quotes about Ingrid (taken from the official site, which you should check out btw, cause it's really well done):

"There are only seven movie stars in the world whose name alone will induce American bankers to lend money for movie productions, and the only woman on the list is Ingrid Bergman.” – Cary Grant

"She had an extraordinary quality of purity and nobility and a definite star personality that is very rare.” – David O. Selznick

She has a combination of rare beauty, freshness, vitality and ability that is as uncommon as a century plant in bloom.” –film critic Wanda Hale

Speaking of which, I think I read she even had a clause in her contract that said her natural appearance won’t be “enhanced” in any way on screen; even her make-up man admitted the only thing he ever put on her was a little lip gloss – amazing, especially when you think about what most actresses look like without make up.

Oh yeah, almost forgot the pictures. Gotta have the pictures...

Last edited by Trinity; 10-24-2003 at 01:02 PM..
Old 10-24-2003, 11:14 PM
YAY. Very lovely woman indeed.
Old 10-25-2003, 01:03 AM
Classy, talented and caring, she survived controversy and left behind an amazing filmography (probably the best filmography of any classic actress). Worked with directors as diverse as Hitchcock and Bergman and continues to live on in her films and her daughter Isabella.

Oh yeah, she was kinda BEAUTIFUL too!!!!

One of my favorite actresses ever and one of the greatest screen legends of all time.

Last edited by Indiana Sev; 10-25-2003 at 01:17 AM..
Old 10-26-2003, 02:25 PM
If you don't like Bergman you have no taste in acting and you're probably blind, too.

Yay...
Old 10-26-2003, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bob
If you don't like Bergman you have no taste in acting and you're probably blind, too.
Lol. Well said, Bob.
Old 10-27-2003, 03:41 AM
YAY!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!! FUCKING YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus Christ how could you NOT love this woman? Seriously, does ANYBODY not like this woman? There is? Where is he? Let me at hiM!!!!!!!! Just kidding of course, but good lord how I LOVE her. She defines the word 'legend' and that's exactly what she is. She's got it all: class, beauty, talent, radiance, a good personality. She has some of the most beautiful eyes in Hollywood and every time they had these close up shot of her eyes in Casablanca, my heart just MELTS! Her hair style gives her a kind of purity that fits perfectly with her radiant beauty; she was also one of those actresses that could also act as well as they look. Marvelous actress she is, no scratch that.........FLAWLESS actress. Notorious, Spellbound, Anastasia, Gaslight, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Murder on the Orient Express and of course, Casablanca all prove her enormous talents as a diverse performer who has the looks, charm, and the abilities to grab you by the throat and just move you to tears. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEEE HER!!!!!!!!
Old 10-27-2003, 03:48 AM
Sadly, the only movie I've seen of hers is Casablanca. But that is obviously a great movie and she is obviously great in it and she's quite pretty and lovely. Yay.
Old 10-27-2003, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hannibal21
YAY!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!! FUCKING YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus Christ how could you NOT love this woman? Seriously, does ANYBODY not like this woman? There is? Where is he? Let me at hiM!!!!!!!! Just kidding of course, but good lord how I LOVE her. She defines the word 'legend' and that's exactly what she is. She's got it all: class, beauty, talent, radiance, a good personality. She has some of the most beautiful eyes in Hollywood and every time they had these close up shot of her eyes in Casablanca, my heart just MELTS! Her hair style gives her a kind of purity that fits perfectly with her radiant beauty; she was also one of those actresses that could also act as well as they look. Marvelous actress she is, no scratch that.........FLAWLESS actress. Notorious, Spellbound, Anastasia, Gaslight, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Murder on the Orient Express and of course, Casablanca all prove her enormous talents as a diverse performer who has the looks, charm, and the abilities to grab you by the throat and just move you to tears. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEEE HER!!!!!!!!
Calm down, you'll have yourself a heart attact.
Old 10-29-2003, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Trinity
Calm down, you'll have yourself a heart attact.
Calm down? Me........calm down? Grrr. HOW could I calm down when there still might be people out in the world who might not like her? Grrr..........if there are people out there, well..........if I can't change their minds on her, then I BRAINWASH them into liking......no, LOVING her! Ya hear me?MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! Ok, I'm all right, I'm all right.......just got a little tense back there. Anyways, I know I've said this before but I just absolutely ADORE her, and what makes me even more happy is that she's my mom's all time favorite actress and her favorite movie is........Casablanca.

Old 12-16-2003, 03:09 AM

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmpppppppppp.

This gal needs more love too......and for good reason.

Last edited by Hannibal21; 01-25-2004 at 07:13 AM..
Old 02-01-2004, 02:09 AM
Yay. One of the great groundbreakers for actresses.
Old 02-01-2004, 07:39 AM
YAY! This thread got bumped.

I know I've said it a couple million times already but I simply ADORE her! She's so beautiful it hurts.

And not as in just "beautiful", like a regular girl who has nice physical features, but an astoundingly beautiful woman both on the inside and out. She has the radiance, class, and elegance that actresses lack, even many of the ones back in the days couldn't come close to the truthful beauty of her. She's as pure as the driven snow and whenever I look at her, I see nothing but perfection. The warmth in her is unspeakably honest; warm, genuine, and whenever she smiles she lights up the whole corners of my room. There's nothing fake at all about her, just with that one smile and I'll be willing to do anything for her. The radiance comes from not only her physical appearances, but the inner strength of hers that matches with her wavy, ocean like hair and diamond crystal eyes. Speaking of eyes, I can't think of anybody with eyes more beautiful than hers. Whenever I look at them, I see nothing but good, kindness, and genuine honesty. For some reason the beauties these days lacks so many things in the eyes department, and they just don't possess the radiance that Ingrid did, and still does in my heart. She not only looked like a classy, beautiful woman but she was in fact a classy, beautiful woman; kind, generous, avoiding all sorts of controversy and concentrated on mainly what she's good at: the art of acting. The only beauty who didn't have an ounce of "bad" in her; she was far from the SEXIEST woman but lord knows I am MUCH big of a sucker for natural, tender beauties like her. She looked natural because she was natural, her soft, angelic like beauty just makes me comfortable whenever I watch an Ingrid Bergman film. Any time the camera focuses close on her and her eyes, I can only feel like crying because I am just moved. Even when she's just looking at the camera I do think there's a LOT more in her than people give her credit for; she was truly ACTING, and never goes melodramatic in any of her films either. ALL of her roles are beautiful and require an actress with dramatic flair. Ingrid is a woman like that, but she makes it all so realistic that EVERY moment is believable, whenever she's on screen by herself, with her co-stars or delivering monologes. So, she's also as talented as she is beautiful; her whole body of work and range is so artful, it's like a true painting, and her beauty is even much more than just an artwork that everyone admires. It's simply divine and as lovely as a beautiful actress can be. I LOVE LOVE LOVE her.
Old 02-01-2004, 10:43 PM
CASABLANCA is my favorite B/W film. Ingrid is stunningly beautiful. She wins a classic YAY from me.