Old 01-23-2004, 04:03 PM
The 'Redwall' series...

Has anyone else read any of these books? It's like Lord of the Rings with animals...and for some reason I love it. Some of the books in the series I remember are "Salamandastron", "The Bellmaker", "Outcast of Redwall", "Marian of Redwall"...and that's all.

They're really fun and entertaining books, and back when I HAD to read in middle school, I read these books.

Anyone else caught them?
Old 01-23-2004, 08:41 PM
Yeah I read them all when i was a littl'un (which really wasn't all that long ago) and really enjoyed them. They were great then and probably still would be if I read them again.
Old 01-27-2004, 10:11 AM
well.... seeing as how my name is "Mattimeo" it should be Obvious i've read them. it's a pretty good story. And for the most part it is pretty Original. I also liked how every few books they'd show a diffenrent generation of Characters. Showing how everything got it's start, up to years and years later.

Unfortunaltey i haven't read any of the recent ones.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:09 AM
I read a couple of them years ago (showing my age!) and i thought they were a bit pants, so i never carried on.

Oh well.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:30 AM
I read a few of these years and years ago. Probably the first three or four. Really good stuff from what I remember. I actually just recently stumbled across a cartoon version of Redwall while flipping through the channels. Kinda cool.
Old 02-03-2004, 04:59 AM
I've read them all up to Pearls Of Lutra.....good stuff.

They are good to read in your "tween" years because they are a bit more violent and grown-up then some of the other stuff kiddie stuff out there.