Old 02-05-2004, 07:45 PM
Did anyone else like Flowers in the Attic?

See topic title.
Old 02-05-2004, 09:04 PM
I never did really read it. A friend would read it out loud when she stayed the night and I liked it. But, I often fell asleep as well and missed most parts. I'm assuming it's good.
Old 02-06-2004, 02:11 PM
I enjoyed all the five flower books. Garden of shadows, flowers in the attic, petals on the wind, if there be thorns, and seeds of yesterday. the original VC Andrews was dark as hell and wrote beautifully
Old 02-08-2004, 07:42 PM
This is my FAV. BOOK I EVER READ! [i'm a guy by the way!]
Old 02-11-2004, 06:10 PM
The incest thing was really gross.
Old 02-13-2004, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Carrieattheprom
The incest thing was really gross.

mmmm I thought it was hot!

j/k

I was going to check it out at the library after I seen it on I Love the 80s strikes back and theres a movie around somewhere
Old 02-14-2004, 08:51 AM
I have the movie. there is no incest but its my #1 of all time!
Old 02-14-2004, 01:24 PM
I like the movie only because of Kristy Swanson.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:04 PM
I'm a huge VC Andrews fan, and love all of her books that she wrote before her death.

- Dollanganger series
- Casteel series
- Cutler series
- Landry series
- My Sweet Audrina (not in a series)

The current crop of books written by her ghost writer are ok, but missing that certain something that VC Andrews had in her writing.

Flowers in the attic is a great book by the way, the movie wasn't that great though.
Old 02-24-2004, 03:34 PM
I have read the whole DOLLENGANGER series and they are brilliant.

Flowers In The Attic is one of my favourite all time books. There's just something about this book...it's so strange and has a heavy ominous atmosphere.
Andrews' writing style is very easy to read and enjoyable.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:37 AM
I am still a V.C. Andrews junkie (the older books). But I think the ghostwriter is getting worse w/ every book. To me it seems like incest if the only thing they took from her books and that drives me nuts I don't think she intended for that to be a plot point in every book.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Giselle
I am still a V.C. Andrews junkie (the older books). But I think the ghostwriter is getting worse w/ every book. To me it seems like incest if the only thing they took from her books and that drives me nuts I don't think she intended for that to be a plot point in every book.

I gotta agree about the books getting worse

........though one of the last ones (MIDNIGHT FLIGHT wasn't too bad) in my opinion.
Old 03-08-2004, 12:35 PM
Heavenly, the last one I read was Into The Woods and it was wretched!! I give up on the ghostwriter. . I need to read more informative books anyways lol.
Old 03-08-2004, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Giselle
Heavenly, the last one I read was Into The Woods and it was wretched!! I give up on the ghostwriter. . I need to read more informative books anyways lol.
LOL, you have a point there.